Culpepper_4717 is offline Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion

AD Can Break A Different Dickerson Record on Saturday

January 4, 1986. Eric Dickerson put up 248 rushing yards against the Cowboys, a single-game playoff record. Fast forward 26 years and one day, AD will be in a playoff game against the Packers. Anyone think he'll go over 200 for a 3rd straight meeting with the pack? He was only 9 yards short of one Dickerson record, maybe he can break this one!
    Last edited by Culpepper_4717; 01-03-2013 at 08:00 PM.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    It is possible but not likely.

I am going to put AD down for 189 yards in this game.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    I watched the nfl network replay of the game last night, and there were several guys who didn't want to tackle Peterson. If the Packers don't man up and grow a pair I could see Peterson crushing that record.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Vikings-Packers: Slowing Adrian Peterson

As Minnesota Vikings tailback Adrian Peterson romped through their defense this season, the Green Bay Packers brought down an extra man down to the line of scrimmage on only 24 percent of his rushes (13 of 55), according to ESPN Stats & Information. On the rest, they attempted to stop the NFL's top offensive player with a standard front of seven (or fewer) players.

Now hold up. Before you accuse Packers defensive coordinator Dom Capers of gross negligence, consider what happened on those 13 plays against an extra run-defender in "the box." (ESPN Stats & Information defines "the box" roughly as 2 yards outside of the tackles and about 5 yards beyond the line of scrimmage.)

On those 13 carries against eight or more Packers defenders in the box, Peterson averaged 6.9 yards per rush. Based on this sample size, at least, the Packers' schematic commitment to stopping Peterson wasn't their primary problem.
    Interesting data, they seldom brought an extra man in the box to stop Adrian, and when they did they gave up close to 7ypc.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Overall all they have given up 7.43ypc to Peterson this season, so 6.9 is actually a slight improvement.
    Also one has to wonder if they ever change the play based on what the defense does. Generally when teams stack the box the offense is more likely to go to a pass play.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    Overall all they have given up 7.43ypc to Peterson this season, so 6.9 is actually a slight improvement.
    Also one has to wonder if they ever change the play based on what the defense does. Generally when teams stack the box the offense is more likely to go to a pass play.
    The interesting part to me was how little they stacked the box to stop Adrian, and how little it effected his production.

On your audible point, it would be interesting to see how many men were in the box on passing plays.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    That was also the most underwhelming 200 yard games I've seen. He didn't have many long runs, but also not that many short. By not stacking the box, the Packers were able to limit the home run hits, but at the expense of giving up 4-7 yard gains.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    I don't know about him breaking any records, but if he has another 200 yard game it means Rodgers is on the bench longer getting cold and we're probably in position for an upset.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    I watched the nfl network replay of the game last night, and there were several guys who didn't want to tackle Peterson. If the Packers don't man up and grow a pair I could see Peterson crushing that record.
    Mangini on ESPN talked at length about Tramon Williams and how it looked like he didn't want any part of trying to tackle AD in either game this season. It's going to be entertaining to watch AD run to his side of the field.