Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DaunteHOF is offline Coach

Re: According to Vic, we lost already.....

both teams will be 2-2, put it like that...
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

Prime Time 84 is offline Training Camp

I do like our chances in this game, even against a good team on the road, because it's indoors, and because we're the underdog.

But I must ask:

Why does everybody here hate the experts? They're not just some bums that ESPN pick up off of the street. They can offer a much more objective opinion than your typical fan. Just because someone picks against the Vikings does not mean they're an idiot. Any unbiased, non-Viking fan would be stupid to consider the Vikings favorites this week. What one good week against a mediocre team can do for a fan's confidence . . . geez. Many of us seem to have forgotten what took place in weeks 1 and 2.

Anyway, here's how I look at this. If we win, I'm back on the "We're legitimate Super Bowl Contenders bandwagon". If we lose, and more importantly, if we lose in a pitiful nature, I'm staying on the "We're the best team in the North and will thusly make the playoffs, but be met with a decisive thrashing and a first round exit" bandwagon.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

the falcons are overrated, but they are still a good team. we have to beat them to prove to the league we are indeed that good team we all know we are.
    We're bringing purple back.

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

Vick can kiss my arse

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:
    Vick can kiss my arse
    :shock: Um, remember he has Herpes.

:grin:

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

lets go vikes

Go vikes!!

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

We are going in as the underdogs that is a fact the only person I have heard pick us to win is Hank Goldberg on ESPN news. It not so much that I disagree with this guy but I think he is not looking at all the facts the Bills gashed through the Falcons run defense and I think Moore can fight through them for tough yards and help our offense run the field.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Taking off my purple colored glasses, I believe that our biggest set back going into this game is all the injuries on D. It may lead to some inconsistent play. That is what we have been having problems with already.

I don't want to have to rely on the D in this game. I hope that DC has a 5 TD game. The O will have to pull their weight and then a little bit more. I like to think of the O and D being friends, sometimes you have to help your friends when they are down.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

"Prime Time 84" wrote:
    I do like our chances in this game, even against a good team on the road, because it's indoors, and because we're the underdog.

But I must ask:

Why does everybody here hate the experts? They're not just some bums that ESPN pick up off of the street. They can offer a much more objective opinion than your typical fan. Just because someone picks against the Vikings does not mean they're an idiot. Any unbiased, non-Viking fan would be stupid to consider the Vikings favorites this week. What one good week against a mediocre team can do for a fan's confidence . . . geez. Many of us seem to have forgotten what took place in weeks 1 and 2.

Anyway, here's how I look at this. If we win, I'm back on the "We're legitimate Super Bowl Contenders bandwagon". If we lose, and more importantly, if we lose in a pitiful nature, I'm staying on the "We're the best team in the North and will thusly make the playoffs, but be met with a decisive thrashing and a first round exit" bandwagon.
    You make some very good points, but sometimes it seems to me even the experts forget the "any given Sunday" factor in this parity-obsessed league. I do agree that a non-Viking fan would see a Falcons victory as a no-brainer here. We're on the road, against what is considered a better team, and we have a lot of injuries. But how many shocking upsets did we witness in 2004 alone? Even this year, there have been several.

The Saints game did not give me much confidence, and to me it remains to be seen whether the Vikes are "back on track". But as far as this game is concerned, not even the experts can afford to be that sure of the outcome given what has happened in other games. I think our guys can win it.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12