Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

According to Vic, we lost already.....

From NFL.com

=============================================

Ask Vic!
    Have a question for Vic on anything NFL related? Don't just sit there -- send it to [email protected], and the best questions will be answered throughout the season right here on NFL.com!

Qid the Minnesota Vikings turn the corner with their Week 3 victory against the New Orleans Saints?

A:Not quite.

The game was extremely important for the confidence of Vikings quarterback Daunte Culpepper, who found his groove with three touchdown passes against the Saints. However, the Vikings still have some improving to do, and the Falcons are a much better opponent than the Saints.

Atlanta's defensive front seven should have little problem shutting down the Vikings running game by getting good penetration into the backfield and stopping several plays before they can even get started. As a result, Culpepper will have to carry the offensive load against a relentless Falcons pass rush that should force him into the interceptions and other mistakes he was making through a disastrous 0-2 start.

The Falcons also can count on strong special-teams play that figures to consistently give Minnesota's offense bad drive starts, which will only place greater pressure on Culpepper.

That should leave Atlanta's offense with favorable field position on which it is able to capitalize with a strong running game and some big plays Michael Vick will make with his feet and throwing arm.

===============================================

Guess we shouldn't even bother showing up, eh?

As Chris Bermann says, "That's why they play the game......."

Vikings 23, Falcons 21
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

TARKenton is offline Asst. Coach

Re: According to Vic, we lost already.....

Just another so called 'expert' who thinks he knows it all. He didnt mention that Atlantas corners are banged up or Atlanta has no good receivers other than crumpler, and hes a te. Most of the 'experts' dont know $hit about f*ck!
    ...Rodgers had to hold on the ball longer, giving players like Jared "I am completely insane and will literally eat your children" Allen time to sack Rodgers again.And again. And again. Actually I think Rodgers may have nightmares about Jared Allen the rest of the year.

VikingsM4 is offline Rookie

The Falcons are overrated...All we have to do is stop the run, force them to throw against the best CB tandem in the NFL...We maybe the away team but Iam going on the record as assuring this win. The Falcons will be surprised with the play of the Vikes D.

Pep MVP, 05-06

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

I always like our chances when we are not expected to win a game. It's when we're favored that I start to worry. I like the Vikes this week if they can mess up Vick's rhythm by keeping the pressure on him all day.

Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Paulbedy59 is offline Coordinator

I love it! Underdogs again.lets go out there and show everyone what we are going to do the rest of the year.Lets get this ball rolling!!!!!
    If winning isn,t everything,why keep score?

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"VikingsM4" wrote:
    The Falcons are overrated...All we have to do is stop the run, force them to throw against the best CB tandem in the NFL...We maybe the away team but Iam going on the record as assuring this win. The Falcons will be surprised with the play of the Vikes D.

If Cottrell plays it right, man-to-man on the corners and continues to blitz the corner or weakside safety ... we will do well, as we will pressure vick and also have the extra man in the box to stop the run. I really do feel the entire game falls onto Cottrell's shoulders and how much he blitz's. As he needs to do it alot.

tosstomoss is offline Starter

"mnjamie" wrote:
    "VikingsM4" wrote:

If Cottrell plays it right, man-to-man on the corners and continues to blitz the corner or weakside safety ... we will do well, as we will pressure vick and also have the extra man in the box to stop the run. I really do feel the entire game falls onto Cottrell's shoulders and how much he blitz's. As he needs to do it alot.
    AMEN BROTHER, LET KICK SOME A$$

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Overrated! *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* Overrated! *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap*

Overrated! *Michael Vick has the clap!*

C'mon guys...let's get the chant going!

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

Well, since we're playing in their house we don't want the crowd noise going against us.. so we must shut them up early and shut them up often. I estimate they'll be attempting to beat traffic by leaving midway thru the 3rd when we're winning 34-9.

Get your roll on.

This game will show what the Vikes are made of, and I'm going to do my best to keep my mouth shut ahead of time and not think with my rectum about possible outcomes. After this week perhaps we will have a better idea week-to-week which Vikings team will show up!
    Randomness: Exhibiting faith in Purple Chaos Theory!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast