Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

Access Vikings: Ray Edwards Helmet

Anyone on here who is an Star Trib Access Vikings member who can give me the jist of this story?

I get my daily ST email with all the headlines and one of them says "spoils for Edwards include helmet, satisfaction" But I cant read it because it is a subscriber side story.

I am not asking anyone to post any subscription material verbatim, but if someone could "summarize" this story I would appreciate it. Or IM me about it.

Thanks.
    Turboe

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Re:Access Vikings: Ray Edwards Helmet

Turboe wrote:
    Anyone on here who is an Star Trib Access Vikings member who can give me the jist of this story?

I get my daily ST email with all the headlines and one of them says "spoils for Edwards include helmet, satisfaction" But I cant read it because it is a subscriber side story.

I am not asking anyone to post any subscription material verbatim, but if someone could "summarize" this story I would appreciate it. Or IM me about it.

Thanks.
    Turboe
    He walked off the field yesterday with his helmet AND a Cowboy helmet. I'm not sure the reason behind the story though...I just happened to be standing by the tunnel as he exited the field. I wondered myself what the reason was.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Access Vikings: Ray Edwards Helmet

MINNEAPOLIS -- Walking off the field after the game of his life, Vikings defensive end Ray Edwards gripped two helmets in his left hand. One was his own, purple with the white horn. The other was a silver helmet with a blue star -- a Dallas Cowboys helmet. Specifically, it was the helmet of Anthony Spencer, the Cowboys' linebacker and Edwards' former college teammate from Purdue. And the reason Edwards was walking off the field with Spencer's helmet and not vice-versa was a simple as reasons come.

"Because I won," Edwards said with a grin the size of the Metrodome roof.
    http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/01/17/vikings-defense-steals-the-show-from-cowboys/

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Turboe wrote:

Thanks.
    Turboe
    He went to college with Anthony Spencer (at Purdue) and they were close friends. After the game, Spencer gave him his helmet and said "You beat us. Here's your trophy."

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

I guess it was Anthony Spencer's helmet (Ray's college roomate) Seems as though they had some sort of bet going.

Vikings’ D Steals Show From Cowboys

6-KINGS is offline Asst. Coach

Bret was to walk off with Tony's balls, but at mid-field he was told Tony Romo has no balls. lol

"VICTORY IS MINE!"

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    I guess it was Anthony Spencer's helmet (Ray's college roomate) Seems as though they had some sort of bet going.

Cant get the link to work for me. Anyone else get it? Now I want to read the story.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Turboe wrote:
    BloodyHorns82 wrote:

Cant get the link to work for me. Anyone else get it? Now I want to read the story.
    i use this cool thing called google.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/01/17/vikings-defense-steals-the-show-from-cowboys/
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Edwards was streaky this year.. Some MONSTER games.. Even 3-4 in a row.. then go quiet.. I was hoping for a huge game.. he was a catalist for this one.. Everyone here was saying it would be who controls the lines