12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Access Vikings: Mckinnie, Webb, and more

Access Vikings

This is my favorite part of the whole article.
    Change in philosophy
    The Vikings previous regime had an offensive system that encouraged players to do what they were told. Remember, that was part of the issue between Brad Childress and Brett Favre. Musgrave sounds as if he will take a very different approach with Donovan McNabb.
    "I told him from the get-go that we have a system that we intend to teach to he, the quarterbacks and all the players," Musgrave said. "But it's really his system. It's Donovan's system, so if something happens here in the month of August that he would like to tweak, maybe call something differently in the huddle, at the line of scrimmage, maybe want to teach differently, [we told him] to definitely come and talk to us about it because we're open-minded.
    "We like to tailor make or customize our system to fit our players. It's not a system where we're going to sit here and say, 'Donovan didn't fit or another player didn't fit.' We're going to customize our system to really play to their strengths. I think you do that not only with a veteran guy, but also with a young guy. Whether it be Donovan or Christian [Ponder], we want to identify their traits that can help us win and play to their strengths."
    Seems to go against Childress "my way or the highway" philosophy. I really really like the direction our team is headed in terms of attitude, philosophy, and coaching. This is also different from Marrdro's "find a player to fit our scheme, not vice versa" idea. I really like that we are tailoring our offense to fit the guys we have. This could be a surprising year for us.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re: Access Vikings: Mckinnie, Webb, and more

Got a link?

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1102949
    Got a link?
    Yah I was trying to put the link in and hit enter and it posted the thread instead of inserting the link. Went back and edited right away.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1102946
    Access Vikings

This is my favorite part of the whole article.
    Change in philosophy
    The Vikings previous regime had an offensive system that encouraged players to do what they were told. Remember, that was part of the issue between Brad Childress and Brett Favre. Musgrave sounds as if he will take a very different approach with Donovan McNabb.
    "I told him from the get-go that we have a system that we intend to teach to he, the quarterbacks and all the players," Musgrave said. "But it's really his system. It's Donovan's system, so if something happens here in the month of August that he would like to tweak, maybe call something differently in the huddle, at the line of scrimmage, maybe want to teach differently, [we told him] to definitely come and talk to us about it because we're open-minded.
    "We like to tailor make or customize our system to fit our players. It's not a system where we're going to sit here and say, 'Donovan didn't fit or another player didn't fit.' We're going to customize our system to really play to their strengths. I think you do that not only with a veteran guy, but also with a young guy. Whether it be Donovan or Christian [Ponder], we want to identify their traits that can help us win and play to their strengths."
    Seems to go against Childress "my way or the highway" philosophy. I really really like the direction our team is headed in terms of attitude, philosophy, and coaching. This is also different from Marrdro's "find a player to fit our scheme, not vice versa" idea. I really like that we are tailoring our offense to fit the guys we have. This could be a surprising year for us.
    There's nothing wrong with picking a player to 'go' with a system but you also have to be willing for both sides ie player and system to be a little flexible in order for it to work.
    Like the way things are going so far, lets hope it continues
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...