Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    dan3ski is offline Coordinator

With the absence of Moss, let me re-emphasize...

Moore needs to learn his blocking assignments and that is a major reason he is not the "starter" when all backs are heathly. He is young and if he can start picking up his blocks he will be a very good player. The Moss loss should help our young WR"s get some much needed playing time. With some WR's that can run, the offense will be better provided Culpepper spreads the ball around.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

mark is offline Asst. Coach

"fourdoorchevelle" wrote:
    "mark" wrote:
    the eagles didnt trounce us last year. They barley got a first down in the second half. Bennett is our best back and will be the starter next year.
    this has got to be some sorta prank !!! bennett full time starter? he'll blow his knee out with in the first 5 games . trade his a$$ . me mo!!! o smith!!!! bennett is a pinyata.
    Wow.we have a lot of bennett haters here.any back in the league would have the same injury if they would have gotten hit like he did(priest homes for one)MM would still be in the training room. He probably still is from that sprained ankle that kept him out for 6 games.If MM is so good why didnt he get a carry when bennett came back?if we can get something for bennett then do it and make smith the starter if not i hate to break your heart but bennett will be the starter
    <!--
    sig -->

steal of the draft ( smith ) will start more games next year . bennett is running scared 1 more injury and he will be offcially fragile and his carrier will pretty much be over . he knows this too , that's why he runs scared . once he's had his official last chance and doesn't produce he will probably be traded. when smith was tearing it up and bennett would come in and i didn't see any thing impressive. don't get me wrong he could suprise every one and have the season everyone has been waiting for . i don't think has it in him. if he starts running hard agin he'll get hurt.

http://justlube.net/?page_id=44

"VikemanX84" wrote:
    The more I think about it the more I want to keep Bennett. without Moss we need a homerun threat and neither Mewelde or Onterrio posses that.

Moore may very well be every bit as good as you say he is but for a person that i've known to be rather cynical about the vikings, 8404, you're talking up a 4th round pick, who has only played more than a minor role in 3 games. We're not even sure if he can stay healthy or perform against top defenses in the league yet.

Bennett, if he is healthy, just adds so much to offense in the way of a 60-yard or 80-yard screen pass. With us running the ball more and using an intermediate passes instead of the long ball. We need a runningback who can take a short pass the distance.

Right now, I still like the idea of trading Bennett, I haven't convinced myself it's a bad idea, yet. only because I think Bennett could be worth more than Smith or Moore in a trade.
    IF he's healthy, key words right there. He's injured too much, and we should trade him, end of story.
    "We are Lions!!" - Achilles (from the movie Troy )

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

Re: With the absence of Moss, let me re-emphasize...

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    Mewelde Moore is our future.

He's a hard-nosed runner, breaks tackles, and is extremely athletic. He has good awareness, and is a willing - if needing polish and instruction - part of the pass-block game.

But hear me out. The Eagles trounced us without Terrell Owens, and they did so because Brian Westbrook created such matchup problems. Dontarrious Thomas didn't have the agility to stay with him, and he's one of the faster linebackers in the NFL. When he lined up in the slot, he torched our nickel corner. He has the speed to get to the outside, and in the preseason showed us he has that homerun burst when he gets a nice block. With the return of Jim Kleinsasser returning, he will get that block.

We'll need to spread defenses out more with the departure of Randy - we simply will not see the same coverages. If you think Nate Burleson is going to match his production from last year, you are taking a very big gamble - unless we start to use Mewelde Moore as a bigger part of our offense. I'm not saying that he should play every down - we have Onterrio Smith to get those really tough yards - but averaging 6.7 yards per touch, he certainly merits a try. Good hands, good awareness. If Bill Belichick or Andy Reid had this kid they'd be thrilled - lets see how Tice manages to screw up such a dynamic talent.

We don't need an RB in the draft - we're too deep at the position. What we could use is a legitimate fullback to create some more space for Mewelde and Onterrio Smith. Trade Bennett for a receiver or picks.
    You are being extremely generous when you say is a willing blocker. He is a gifted runner, but he was benched because of his poor blocking. Actually, complete lack of blocking. If he can improve on his blocking skills, he will surely receive more playing time. ubtil then, Smith and Bennett will go ahead of him.

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

mvikes84 is offline Starter

"mark" wrote:
    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    "mark" wrote:
    Bennetts the best
    You don't know what you're talking about. He's Eddie George with the occasional homerun burst.
    Im thinking more like robert smith. When heathly hecould be our best back.Its not like he gets hurt falling out of bed. anybody would of got hurt from that hit in the preseason.
    I totally agree with you on this Mark.

mvikes84 is offline Starter

"DefensivePlaymaker" wrote:
    "VikemanX84" wrote:
    The more I think about it the more I want to keep Bennett. without Moss we need a homerun threat and neither Mewelde or Onterrio posses that.

Moore may very well be every bit as good as you say he is but for a person that i've known to be rather cynical about the vikings, 8404, you're talking up a 4th round pick, who has only played more than a minor role in 3 games. We're not even sure if he can stay healthy or perform against top defenses in the league yet.

Bennett, if he is healthy, just adds so much to offense in the way of a 60-yard or 80-yard screen pass. With us running the ball more and using an intermediate passes instead of the long ball. We need a runningback who can take a short pass the distance.

Right now, I still like the idea of trading Bennett, I haven't convinced myself it's a bad idea, yet. only because I think Bennett could be worth more than Smith or Moore in a trade.
    IF he's healthy, key words right there. He's injured too much, and we should trade him, end of story.
    People used to say Robert Smith got hurt too much too. But all Robert Smith ended up doing was become the Vikings all time leading rusher!!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Robert Smith was of a different breed! :lol:

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: With the absence of Moss, let me re-emphasize...

"XTAP59" wrote:
    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    Mewelde Moore is our future.

He's a hard-nosed runner, breaks tackles, and is extremely athletic. He has good awareness, and is a willing - if needing polish and instruction - part of the pass-block game.

But hear me out. The Eagles trounced us without Terrell Owens, and they did so because Brian Westbrook created such matchup problems. Dontarrious Thomas didn't have the agility to stay with him, and he's one of the faster linebackers in the NFL. When he lined up in the slot, he torched our nickel corner. He has the speed to get to the outside, and in the preseason showed us he has that homerun burst when he gets a nice block. With the return of Jim Kleinsasser returning, he will get that block.

We'll need to spread defenses out more with the departure of Randy - we simply will not see the same coverages. If you think Nate Burleson is going to match his production from last year, you are taking a very big gamble - unless we start to use Mewelde Moore as a bigger part of our offense. I'm not saying that he should play every down - we have Onterrio Smith to get those really tough yards - but averaging 6.7 yards per touch, he certainly merits a try. Good hands, good awareness. If Bill Belichick or Andy Reid had this kid they'd be thrilled - lets see how Tice manages to screw up such a dynamic talent.

We don't need an RB in the draft - we're too deep at the position. What we could use is a legitimate fullback to create some more space for Mewelde and Onterrio Smith. Trade Bennett for a receiver or picks.
    You are being extremely generous when you say is a willing blocker. He is a gifted runner, but he was benched because of his poor blocking. Actually, complete lack of blocking. If he can improve on his blocking skills, he will surely receive more playing time. ubtil then, Smith and Bennett will go ahead of him.
    will·ing Audio pronunciation of "WILLING" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (wlng)
    adj.

1. Disposed or inclined; prepared: I am willing to overlook your mistakes.
    2. Acting or ready to act gladly; eagerly compliant: “The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak” (Matthew 26:41).
    3. Done, given, accepted, or borne voluntarily or ungrudgingly. See Synonyms at voluntary.
    4. Of or relating to exercise of the will; volitional.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234