Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

With the absence of Moss, let me re-emphasize...

"mark" wrote:
    Bennetts the best
    When healthy?

I think we could do better at RB, I really don't care for any of our backs. None of them are really 3 down backs so if someone falls in our lap in the draft I say take him
    You republican whore!

sitandbehitski is offline Asst. Coach

I really don't know who's the best, I'd say keep two of them and let them fight it out, Onterrio has had good games, Mini Moe's had some good games, if DJ, Mike Williams and Braylon Edwards are all gone at #7 (which I doubt will happen) than take one of the backs or trade down, I don't care which.
    I may be an a$$, but at least I m a smart one

mark is offline Asst. Coach

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    "mark" wrote:
    Bennetts the best
    You don't know what you're talking about. He's Eddie George with the occasional homerun burst.
    Im thinking more like robert smith. When heathly hecould be our best back.Its not like he gets hurt falling out of bed. anybody would of got hurt from that hit in the preseason.
    <!--
    sig -->

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Draft DJ, start MM/OSmith. Done

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

Re: With the absence of Moss, let me re-emphasize...

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    Mewelde Moore is our future.

He's a hard-nosed runner, breaks tackles, and is extremely athletic. He has good awareness, and is a willing - if needing polish and instruction - part of the pass-block game.

But hear me out. The Eagles trounced us without Terrell Owens, and they did so because Brian Westbrook created such matchup problems. Dontarrious Thomas didn't have the agility to stay with him, and he's one of the faster linebackers in the NFL. When he lined up in the slot, he torched our nickel corner. He has the speed to get to the outside, and in the preseason showed us he has that homerun burst when he gets a nice block. With the return of Jim Kleinsasser returning, he will get that block.

We'll need to spread defenses out more with the departure of Randy - we simply will not see the same coverages. If you think Nate Burleson is going to match his production from last year, you are taking a very big gamble - unless we start to use Mewelde Moore as a bigger part of our offense. I'm not saying that he should play every down - we have Onterrio Smith to get those really tough yards - but averaging 6.7 yards per touch, he certainly merits a try. Good hands, good awareness. If Bill Belichick or Andy Reid had this kid they'd be thrilled - lets see how Tice manages to screw up such a dynamic talent.

We don't need an RB in the draft - we're too deep at the position. What we could use is a legitimate fullback to create some more space for Mewelde and Onterrio Smith. Trade Bennett for a receiver or picks.
    agreed 100 percent

IdahoViking is offline Rookie

I think that trading up in the draft by trading one of our RBs to get one of the big three RBs in the draft is the best option. Miami or the Bears look like good trade possibilities. We need the Power running game to go with our new improved Defense so we can toake on the mold of the Super Bowl teams of the past
    Don't worry, I'll take care of it!!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Not the Bears! Then we will have a RB come back to haunt us someday like Moss will eventually!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

"mark" wrote:
    the eagles didnt trounce us last year. They barley got a first down in the second half. Bennett is our best back and will be the starter next year.
    this has got to be some sorta prank !!! bennett full time starter? he'll blow his knee out with in the first 5 games . trade his a$$ . me mo!!! o smith!!!! bennett is a pinyata.

http://justlube.net/?page_id=44

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    "mark" wrote:
    Bennetts the best
    You don't know what you're talking about. He's Eddie George with the occasional homerun burst.
    eddie george is walter payton (rip) compared to bennett .and i haven't seen bennett hit a homer in over a year , heck when's the last run over 20?

http://justlube.net/?page_id=44

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast