Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

With the absence of Moss, let me re-emphasize...

Mewelde Moore is our future.

He's a hard-nosed runner, breaks tackles, and is extremely athletic. He has good awareness, and is a willing - if needing polish and instruction - part of the pass-block game.

But hear me out. The Eagles trounced us without Terrell Owens, and they did so because Brian Westbrook created such matchup problems. Dontarrious Thomas didn't have the agility to stay with him, and he's one of the faster linebackers in the NFL. When he lined up in the slot, he torched our nickel corner. He has the speed to get to the outside, and in the preseason showed us he has that homerun burst when he gets a nice block. With the return of Jim Kleinsasser returning, he will get that block.

We'll need to spread defenses out more with the departure of Randy - we simply will not see the same coverages. If you think Nate Burleson is going to match his production from last year, you are taking a very big gamble - unless we start to use Mewelde Moore as a bigger part of our offense. I'm not saying that he should play every down - we have Onterrio Smith to get those really tough yards - but averaging 6.7 yards per touch, he certainly merits a try. Good hands, good awareness. If Bill Belichick or Andy Reid had this kid they'd be thrilled - lets see how Tice manages to screw up such a dynamic talent.

We don't need an RB in the draft - we're too deep at the position. What we could use is a legitimate fullback to create some more space for Mewelde and Onterrio Smith. Trade Bennett for a receiver or picks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

i agree

eclipse_2303 is offline Starter

Moore also has yet to pove he can stay healthy for 5 games let alone 16.

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

The more I think about it the more I want to keep Bennett. without Moss we need a homerun threat and neither Mewelde or Onterrio posses that.

Moore may very well be every bit as good as you say he is but for a person that i've known to be rather cynical about the vikings, 8404, you're talking up a 4th round pick, who has only played more than a minor role in 3 games. We're not even sure if he can stay healthy or perform against top defenses in the league yet.

Bennett, if he is healthy, just adds so much to offense in the way of a 60-yard or 80-yard screen pass. With us running the ball more and using an intermediate passes instead of the long ball. We need a runningback who can take a short pass the distance.

Right now, I still like the idea of trading Bennett, I haven't convinced myself it's a bad idea, yet. only because I think Bennett could be worth more than Smith or Moore in a trade.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

PurplePharaoh is offline Rookie

Moore is a 3rd down back to be honest...Sure he can come in a game or 2 and be very effective, but he isnt a 16 game, plus the playoff runningback. Smith is the future if he can stay away from the funny cigs.
    http://www.angelfire.com/mn2/VikingTrader/

[img:af473e5384]http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/writers/don_banks/03/24/banks.vikes/p1_smoot.jpg[/img:af473e5384]

"If loving the Vikings is wrong, I dont wannabe right"

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"eclipse_2303" wrote:
    Moore also has yet to pove he can stay healthy for 5 games let alone 16.

None of our RB's have proven they can stay healthy for 16 games. That doesn't mean they shouldn't get the chance to prove it. Onterrio and MM need to battle for the #1 spot during training camp and preseason, and let the winner get most of the carries. I am sick of having 3 or 4 Rb's split the carries.

dr feelgood is offline Training Camp

Not ready to jump on the bandwagon of a guy who played 4 games, got hurt and could'nt or would'nt recover. There's a differrence between hurt and injured, witch was one he?

predator vike is offline Waterboy

Re: With the absence of Moss, let me re-emphasize...

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    Mewelde Moore is our future.

He's a hard-nosed runner, breaks tackles, and is extremely athletic. He has good awareness, and is a willing - if needing polish and instruction - part of the pass-block game.

But hear me out. The Eagles trounced us without Terrell Owens, and they did so because Brian Westbrook created such matchup problems. Dontarrious Thomas didn't have the agility to stay with him, and he's one of the faster linebackers in the NFL. When he lined up in the slot, he torched our nickel corner. He has the speed to get to the outside, and in the preseason showed us he has that homerun burst when he gets a nice block. With the return of Jim Kleinsasser returning, he will get that block.

We'll need to spread defenses out more with the departure of Randy - we simply will not see the same coverages. If you think Nate Burleson is going to match his production from last year, you are taking a very big gamble - unless we start to use Mewelde Moore as a bigger part of our offense. I'm not saying that he should play every down - we have Onterrio Smith to get those really tough yards - but averaging 6.7 yards per touch, he certainly merits a try. Good hands, good awareness. If Bill Belichick or Andy Reid had this kid they'd be thrilled - lets see how Tice manages to screw up such a dynamic talent.

We don't need an RB in the draft - we're too deep at the position. What we could use is a legitimate fullback to create some more space for Mewelde and Onterrio Smith. Trade Bennett for a receiver or picks.
    Do we know that Mewelde can receive? If he can, I can see him becoming very dangerous.

campstove is offline Training Camp

any of the three would be great but for the love of god pick,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ONE!!!!!!!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I like Moore also. I think he will do good at catching also. He is very shifty and elusive. The only knock is his ability to pick-up blocks. But he was a rook last year and we should see an improvement.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast