Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: About the Dome … Let Zygi have it

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    People just don't get it!
    I don't know how many times I have said this...
    Sure Zygi wants the stadium, but he wants the shopping area, houses, hospital, etc much more. That will bring him in far more money than a stadium.
    People just don't understand economics.
    And the people that don't get it are the ones who get to vote on it.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Just approve, and build the dam thing already...

bigdaddy72_1 is offline Starter

Well, the idea to "give" Wilf the Metrodome is at the center of what would be the best idea, that is moneywise. The only thing that remains a problem with rebuilding onsite is that there is not enough parking, and building parking raps would suck (who wants to tailgate in/on a parking ramp?). And, as previously mentioned, Wilf wants to do more than build a stadium. He wants to do what was supposed to happen when the dome was built, surround it with touristic accommodations, shopping, eating, etc. But in all reality, Wilf could aquire surrounding land and structure, and do as he pleases. He could tear down buildings to create parking (a paved parking lot, no more gravel pits), and as for the other structures he could either tear them down and rebuild for a hotel or shopping etc., or he could remodel. Even thought this sounds like alot a of work (which any stadium project is), it is probably the cheapest way to please all involved.

Wilf is all about making money, and something that is being overlooked is his desire to develop a new area. Yeah, he wants to build all these different "businesses," but I would be willing to be that he would buy as much of the surrounding land as he could, so that he could profit from others who want to come to the newly developed area. He would probaly have most of it zoned to be business, but he would also make some of it available for living. I like this idea, it would bring a new economy and people to a different area.

And the greatest thing that I have heard come out of Mr. Wilf's mouth thus far has been that he wants an open air stadium (no retractable roof, or anything). The possibility of hosting a Super Bowl does not excite me enough to put a roof on top of our new stadium. I played outside during high school and inside now in college, and I must say that football isn't quite football when you play it inside. For the players or fans.

oddmanout22287 is offline Pro-Bowler

Am I the only one a little weirded out that this sportswriter called Zygi "babe'? :???:
    PM me if you'd like a sig.

"westvirginiavikings" wrote:
    Tear down MOA and put a stadium back there. Just build it anywhere. Keep the Vikes in Minnesota.
    yea unlike the "New York Giants" who play in New Jersey.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"bigdaddy72_1" wrote:
    Well, the idea to "give" Wilf the Metrodome is at the center of what would be the best idea, that is moneywise. The only thing that remains a problem with rebuilding onsite is that there is not enough parking, and building parking raps would suck (who wants to tailgate in/on a parking ramp?). And, as previously mentioned, Wilf wants to do more than build a stadium. He wants to do what was supposed to happen when the dome was built, surround it with touristic accommodations, shopping, eating, etc. But in all reality, Wilf could aquire surrounding land and structure, and do as he pleases. He could tear down buildings to create parking (a paved parking lot, no more gravel pits), and as for the other structures he could either tear them down and rebuild for a hotel or shopping etc., or he could remodel. Even thought this sounds like alot a of work (which any stadium project is), it is probably the cheapest way to please all involved.
    Wilf is all about making money, and something that is being overlooked is his desire to develop a new area. Yeah, he wants to build all these different "businesses," but I would be willing to be that he would buy as much of the surrounding land as he could, so that he could profit from others who want to come to the newly developed area. He would probaly have most of it zoned to be business, but he would also make some of it available for living. I like this idea, it would bring a new economy and people to a different area.

And the greatest thing that I have heard come out of Mr. Wilf's mouth thus far has been that he wants an open air stadium (no retractable roof, or anything). The possibility of hosting a Super Bowl does not excite me enough to put a roof on top of our new stadium. I played outside during high school and inside now in college, and I must say that football isn't quite football when you play it inside. For the players or fans.
    Problem with that theory is there isn't enough room there. It would not be cheaper to buy the businesses just to tear them down & rebuild.

The area is too broken up by streets. There is a tram that I doubt they would move out of the way, 5th or 6th is a very busy street & there is a hospital close by.

Also, a new stadium would have to be built while leaving the current one in tact. There is not enough time in one off season to build or renovate the current one & our boys need a place to play. The Gophers & Twins are also still playing there until there stadiums are built. Wilf wants one long before then.

Minneapolis doesn't want there taxes increased to fund a new stadium & Blaine still has there issues with the DNR & wetlands issue.

I say fuck 'em then & build it somewhere else. Minnesota is a big state & after all, they are the Minnesota Vikings, not the Minneapolis Vikings.

Wherever they build it, businesses will follow & that city will benefit gratly from the new complex being there.

There is still plenty of land north of Rosemount in the Eagan & Inver Grove Heights areas & I-494, 52/10, 55 & 35E are all nearby fo access. As well I believe is the tram on 55.

Build it there.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

"singersp" wrote:
    I say F!!ck 'em then & build it somewhere else. Minnesota is a big state & after all, they are the Minnesota Vikings, not the Minneapolis Vikings.

Build it there.
    true that, enough vikings for the whole state
    i m better than you, so just give up...

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

They better just let Zygi build where he wants to and stop this crap of trying to make him keep it in an overcrowed Minneapolis and the Vikings should not have to share a building with the Gophers since they are the team that should be staying in the dome anyway IMO.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "maddenhasamancrushonfavre" wrote:
    Tear down MOA and put a stadium back there. Just build it anywhere. Keep the Vikes in Minnesota.
    Then there would be no Hooters :cry:
    Wanna bet? Do you know where Burnsville is?
    they're building one in mankato :!:

oh and on the topic, i really hope these people do WHATEVER IT TAKES to get the blaine project done.. that'd be such an amazing area

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "maddenhasamancrushonfavre" wrote:
    Then there would be no Hooters :cry:
    Wanna bet? Do you know where Burnsville is?
    they're building one in mankato :!:

oh and on the topic, i really hope these people do WHATEVER IT TAKES to get the blaine project done.. that'd be such an amazing area
    That's where training camp is.

I can see the headlines in the Trib & the Press already.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast