Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Aaron Elling improving

Elling seems to be coming through after a tough year last year and is making big improvements under the guidance of consultant Doug Blevins. I can see him being a game winner this season and making up for last year when Tice did not have so much faith in him towards the end of the season

http://www.twincities.com/mld/pioneerpress/sports/football/nfl/minnesota_vikings/9305410.htm
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Aaron Elling improving

AngloVike why does doug blevins name stick out did he play for minnesota early 70's :scratch:

also sure is interesting about the Hunt story

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/9305145.htm
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

Blog Entries

Aaron Elling improving

"casper" wrote:
    AngloVike why does doug blevins name stick out did he play for minnesota early 70's :scratch:
    Unfortunately not, if I'm right Doug Blevins has been in a wheelchair for most of his life but took an interest in football - especially as he couldn't play it.
    There was an article on him that I read recently, I'll see if I can find it for you

Aaron Elling improving

Thanks the name just stick there for some reason oh well thanks for the article :thumbleft: also I followed the link and signed up for the press thanks for that too :notworthy: just hit me doug blylevin who did he play for duuuuu
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

Aaron Elling improving

i sure hope elling is good this year..............

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Aaron Elling improving

The thing is, it doesn't matter if he's good all year.

Gary Anderson was good all year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Re: Aaron Elling improving

"AngloVike" wrote:
    Elling seems to be coming through after a tough year last year and is making big improvements under the guidance of consultant Doug Blevins. I can see him being a game winner this season and making up for last year when Tice did not have so much faith in him towards the end of the season

http://www.twincities.com/mld/pioneerpress/sports/football/nfl/minnesota_vikings/9305410.htm

Yeah, I have been constantly saying that this kid is pretty good and that we don't need another kicker. A lot of fans got on him for having a bad finish to his rookie season. I say name some rookie kickers who were great in their first year. For every one you name, I can name 100 that started and weren't successful. It just takes kickers time to adjust to the NFL, from college. Elling has all the tools to be a good NFL kicker and he will show much improvement this year.

SJerseyVikesFan is offline Waterboy

Elling

Uh...hate to be the voice of reason here, but Aaron Elling stinks. He can't hit the endzone on kickoffs, EVER! He will never actually win a game for us. However, the Vikes are not a field goal kicking team anyway. They either beat the crap out of teams or the other team blows them away. Two seasons ago was a fluke with all those close games they had. As much as I don't want to admit it, because I hate the Eagles with a burning passion, David Ackers is the best and I have seen him win alot of games for those overrated bums.

Blog Entries

Re: Elling

"SJerseyVikesFan" wrote:
    Uh...hate to be the voice of reason here, but Aaron Elling stinks. He can't hit the endzone on kickoffs, EVER! He will never actually win a game for us. However, the Vikes are not a field goal kicking team anyway. They either beat the crap out of teams or the other team blows them away. Two seasons ago was a fluke with all those close games they had. As much as I don't want to admit it, because I hate the Eagles with a burning passion, David Ackers is the best and I have seen him win alot of games for those overrated bums.
    Thing is that kickers can be very frail in terms of confidence and if they get something wrong in a game then the chances of getting further chances can be slim - unlike a QB who will have more passing attempts, a WR getting more catching chances or a RB more carries. Tice took a chance last year going with a rookie punter and kicker and blew up in his face a bit.
    The reports so far in camp sound promising and Blevin has a good reputation. If he's happy that Elling is getting better than its his reputation on the line about it.
    As for winning games for us - he will and then he might get the respect for that... after all how many people really rated Adam Vinatieri until two years ago .. he gets them into the SB and then clinches the SB title .... just some food for thought

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Re: Elling

"SJerseyVikesFan" wrote:

I love how people form opinions of guys after their rookie year, and then think they aren't gonna get any better. Fact is, rookies improve from year one to year two.

The vikes aren't a field goal kicking team? Every team's field goal kicker can win or loose a few games every year. Elling will do the same this year. Lets stop judging guys on their rookie year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast