Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 150
  1. #21
    mblack76's Avatar
    mblack76 is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    412

    Re: #95 Kenechi Udeze diagnosed with Leukemia

    Just out of curiosity, how could this have gone undetected? I am not blaming anyone just wondering. Its just too hard to believe this
    Wishing him the best

  2. #22
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: #95 Kenechi Udeze diagnosed with Leukemia

    "KrackerJack" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    Off the wall question, But there was a post a day or 2 ago about the Vikings being the only players that visited a pediatric cancer ward. Do we think they already knew and this was somehow related?
    A possibility, but i think it would've gotten out, I'm sure the Viking players would have dedicated their pro bowl game to him along with Shaun, but who knows
    My guess would be it only was made aware to the players in the last day or 2 and wanted to wait until after the pro-bowl to say something. and not take away from ST at the Pro Bowl.
    Not much info as of right now except the bit on KMSP.

  3. #23
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: #95 Kenechi Udeze diagnosed with Leukemia

    "snowinapril" wrote:
    Wow, that is not good.


    Very Sad!

    The Carolina Panthers went through something similar with two players a few years back.
    One guy made it another didn't.
    I don't think either had this form of cancer.
    Very sad!

    Mark Fields and Sam Mills
    http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9F0CEFD91039F931A15752C0A9629C8B 63

  4. #24
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,686

    Re: #95 Kenechi Udeze diagnosed with Leukemia

    Yikes.

    Poor guy. Best wishes to him and his family.

  5. #25
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: #95 Kenechi Udeze diagnosed with Leukemia

    It's really strange. I just got home from watch the movie "Bucket List" which is about two old guys who strike up a friendship while in the cancer ward. They both die, of course, at the end. (An excellent movie by the way.)
    So I come home, flip to PP.O and the first thing I see is this thread. It hit me in the gut really hard because I was shedding some tears in the movie.
    Sorry to hear this. I hope that treatment works.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  6. #26
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: #95 Kenechi Udeze diagnosed with Leukemia

    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    It's really strange. I just got home from watch the movie "Bucket List" which is about two old guys who strike up a friendship while in the cancer ward. They both die, of course, at the end. (An excellent movie by the way.)
    So I come home, flip to PP.O and the first thing I see is this thread. It hit me in the gut really hard because I was shedding some tears in the movie.
    Sorry to hear this. I hope that treatment works.
    Well no need to see that movie I guess now :-

  7. #27
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: #95 Kenechi Udeze diagnosed with Leukemia

    Sad news, hope it's curable.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  8. #28
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: #95 Kenechi Udeze diagnosed with Leukemia

    "mblack76" wrote:
    Just out of curiosity, how could this have gone undetected? I am not blaming anyone just wondering. Its just too hard to believe this
    Wishing him the best
    Leukemia - Symptoms

    Symptoms of leukemia depend on how much the cancer has grown and may include:



    * Fevers and night sweats.


    * Frequent or unusual infections.


    * Weakness and fatigue.


    * Headaches.


    * Bruising of the skin and bleeding from the gums or rectum.


    * Bone pain.


    * Joint pain.


    * Swelling in the belly or pain on the left side of the belly or in the left shoulder from a swollen spleen.


    * Swollen lymph nodes in the armpit, neck, or groin.


    * Decreased appetite and weight loss because you feel full and don't want to eat.

    The chronic forms of leukemia often cause no symptoms until much later in the disease.
    I think that most of the symptom probably seem normal when you play football, you probably just think it is normal.
    These guys are in pain for most of the season.
    I just hope it isn't the last line.


  9. #29
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: #95 Kenechi Udeze diagnosed with Leukemia

    "Garland" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    It's really strange. I just got home from watch the movie "Bucket List" which is about two old guys who strike up a friendship while in the cancer ward. They both die, of course, at the end. (An excellent movie by the way.)
    So I come home, flip to PP.O and the first thing I see is this thread. It hit me in the gut really hard because I was shedding some tears in the movie.
    Sorry to hear this. I hope that treatment works.
    Well no need to see that movie I guess now :-\
    O yes you do. I never told you the ending...
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  10. #30
    mblack76's Avatar
    mblack76 is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    412

    Re: #95 Kenechi Udeze diagnosed with Leukemia

    from the strib...
    http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/15534342.html

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Kenechi Udeze discusses his leukemia (video)
    By HEY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-01-2008, 10:26 PM
  2. Kenechi Udeze in remission from acute leukemia!!
    By Vikes_King in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-21-2008, 12:10 PM
  3. Kenechi Udeze
    By antoniopierce58 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-13-2006, 09:31 AM
  4. kenechi udeze
    By slowlow in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-11-2005, 05:32 PM
  5. kenechi udeze
    By wyviking in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-11-2004, 12:08 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •