Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    9000 Viking Season Tickets Not Renewed

    http://www.twincities.com/walters
    A little birdie says the Vikings have had nearly 9,000 season-ticket holders not renew since last season.
    This is from Charlie Waters column in the St. Paul Pioneer Press. I don't know where he gets his facts but he doesn't back this up with any proof. If it is true, that's a huge drop in season tickets.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  2. #2
    sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,505

    Re: 9000 Viking Season Tickets Not Renewed

    Inability to score probably has something to do with that.

    "No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

  3. #3
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: 9000 Viking Season Tickets Not Renewed

    That doesn't surprise me one bit & those numbers to me seem entirely possible to me.

    I've been telling you people that there will be a huge drop in season tickets sales since the end of last season.

    There are a few reasons for this;

    A lack of a productive/high powered offense, lackluster 6-10 season & lack of ticket sales.

    There are at least 3 kinds of people who buy season tickets;

    People who go to all the home games or damn near every one.

    People who go to a few home games & sell the rest

    People who don't go to any games, but buy them to sell for a profit.

    You used to be able to get face value or more for Vikings tickets a few years ago, (with the exception of the pre-season games which always sell low) but that is no longer the case.

    Ticket sales on eBay last year saw tickets selling for anywhere from 1/3 to 3/4 face value with the exception of a few games like the Packers & the Bears.

    I know that for fact, because I've sold & bought them off eBay for several years now.

    People who are buying season tickets to make a profit & those who buy season tickets to attend a few games & sell the rest, even at cost, are taking a huge loss to the pocket book. They are simply not going to take that hit anymore. They are losing a lot of money.

    The reason I didn't renew mine is because I know I can get tickets off of eBay for a lot less than face value. Plus I wouldn't have to pay face value for preseason tickets like all season ticket holders do.

    It made a lot of monetary sense.

    Even though the deadline passed to renew season tickets, I received over a dozen calls from the ticket office trying to get me to renew mine. They even used Hutchinson to promote sales.

    Finally, when they informed me that the best $67 seats in the dome were available, I caved in & bought mine.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  4. #4
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: 9000 Viking Season Tickets Not Renewed

    And we ALL know what the cure is...so let's hope that the Vikings are listening!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  5. #5
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: 9000 Viking Season Tickets Not Renewed

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    And we ALL know what the cure is...so let's hope that the Vikings are listening!!!
    They know. Hence the drop in some of the seat prices in the stadium this year.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  6. #6
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: 9000 Viking Season Tickets Not Renewed

    The trouble with dropping your season tickets is that if the Vikes get hot and have a really good season and go to the playoffs, you are outside looking in at playoff tickets. And secondly, you lose your "place in line" to the seats you have and go back to the rear and have to move up again.
    I guess it's really determined as Singer says by money in most cases because most Viking fans will root for their team only if they are a winner. And that's a shame.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  7. #7
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: 9000 Viking Season Tickets Not Renewed

    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    The trouble with dropping your season tickets is that if the Vikes get hot and have a really good season and go to the playoffs, you are outside looking in at playoff tickets. And secondly, you lose your "place in line" to the seats you have and go back to the rear and have to move up again.
    I guess it's really determined as Singer says by money in most cases because most Viking fans will root for their team only if they are a winner. And that's a shame.
    Actually, I know I improved my seats by not renewing my seats right away. The seats I ended up with were not available when the renewal & moving up process began. After they gave up trying to get people to renew there seats way after the deadline passed, several great seats suddenly became available.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  8. #8
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 9000 Viking Season Tickets Not Renewed

    "singersp" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    The trouble with dropping your season tickets is that if the Vikes get hot and have a really good season and go to the playoffs, you are outside looking in at playoff tickets. And secondly, you lose your "place in line" to the seats you have and go back to the rear and have to move up again.
    I guess it's really determined as Singer says by money in most cases because most Viking fans will root for their team only if they are a winner. And that's a shame.
    Actually, I know I improved my seats by not renewing my seats right away. The seats I ended up with were not available when the renewal & moving up process began. After they gave up trying to get people to renew there seats way after the deadline passed, several great seats suddenly became available.
    Yes, but you do lose seniority, which is how future upgrades are determined.
    Everyone around you will move up before you.
    Also, in the event that the Vikings go to the superbowl, the number of chances you get in the ticket lottery are the number of seats you have X the number of years you have been a holder.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  9. #9
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 9000 Viking Season Tickets Not Renewed

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    And we ALL know what the cure is...so let's hope that the Vikings are listening!!!
    Naked Cheerleaders?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

Similar Threads

  1. Season Tickets!
    By tickets in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-25-2011, 08:31 PM
  2. looking for viking/packer tickets
    By vikingsfanwi in forum Tix & Such
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-08-2008, 06:09 PM
  3. Edge becomes 2nd fastest to 9000 yds rushing.
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-05-2005, 03:11 AM
  4. Viking fan returning tickets?
    By mrviking28 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 10-22-2005, 12:55 AM
  5. season tickets
    By pep2moss in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-30-2004, 05:09 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •