COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

9000 Viking Season Tickets Not Renewed

http://www.twincities.com/walters
    A little birdie says the Vikings have had nearly 9,000 season-ticket holders not renew since last season.
    This is from Charlie Waters column in the St. Paul Pioneer Press. I don't know where he gets his facts but he doesn't back this up with any proof. If it is true, that's a huge drop in season tickets.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

Re: 9000 Viking Season Tickets Not Renewed

Inability to score probably has something to do with that.

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

That doesn't surprise me one bit & those numbers to me seem entirely possible to me.

I've been telling you people that there will be a huge drop in season tickets sales since the end of last season.

There are a few reasons for this;

A lack of a productive/high powered offense, lackluster 6-10 season & lack of ticket sales.

There are at least 3 kinds of people who buy season tickets;

People who go to all the home games or damn near every one.

People who go to a few home games & sell the rest

People who don't go to any games, but buy them to sell for a profit.

You used to be able to get face value or more for Vikings tickets a few years ago, (with the exception of the pre-season games which always sell low) but that is no longer the case.

Ticket sales on eBay last year saw tickets selling for anywhere from 1/3 to 3/4 face value with the exception of a few games like the Packers & the Bears.

I know that for fact, because I've sold & bought them off eBay for several years now.

People who are buying season tickets to make a profit & those who buy season tickets to attend a few games & sell the rest, even at cost, are taking a huge loss to the pocket book. They are simply not going to take that hit anymore. They are losing a lot of money.

The reason I didn't renew mine is because I know I can get tickets off of eBay for a lot less than face value. Plus I wouldn't have to pay face value for preseason tickets like all season ticket holders do.

It made a lot of monetary sense.

Even though the deadline passed to renew season tickets, I received over a dozen calls from the ticket office trying to get me to renew mine. They even used Hutchinson to promote sales.

Finally, when they informed me that the best $67 seats in the dome were available, I caved in & bought mine.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

And we ALL know what the cure is...so let's hope that the Vikings are listening!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"cajunvike" wrote:
    And we ALL know what the cure is...so let's hope that the Vikings are listening!!!
    They know. Hence the drop in some of the seat prices in the stadium this year.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

The trouble with dropping your season tickets is that if the Vikes get hot and have a really good season and go to the playoffs, you are outside looking in at playoff tickets. And secondly, you lose your "place in line" to the seats you have and go back to the rear and have to move up again.
    I guess it's really determined as Singer says by money in most cases because most Viking fans will root for their team only if they are a winner. And that's a shame.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    The trouble with dropping your season tickets is that if the Vikes get hot and have a really good season and go to the playoffs, you are outside looking in at playoff tickets. And secondly, you lose your "place in line" to the seats you have and go back to the rear and have to move up again.
    I guess it's really determined as Singer says by money in most cases because most Viking fans will root for their team only if they are a winner. And that's a shame.
    Actually, I know I improved my seats by not renewing my seats right away. The seats I ended up with were not available when the renewal & moving up process began. After they gave up trying to get people to renew there seats way after the deadline passed, several great seats suddenly became available.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Actually, I know I improved my seats by not renewing my seats right away. The seats I ended up with were not available when the renewal & moving up process began. After they gave up trying to get people to renew there seats way after the deadline passed, several great seats suddenly became available.
    Yes, but you do lose seniority, which is how future upgrades are determined.
    Everyone around you will move up before you.
    Also, in the event that the Vikings go to the superbowl, the number of chances you get in the ticket lottery are the number of seats you have X the number of years you have been a holder.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Naked Cheerleaders?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=