Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    echizen20 is offline Rookie

9 Reasons why the Packers will win: By adam schein

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/1...day-at-Lambeau

The Vikings lost a very competitive ball game against the Steelers. And now the focus shifts to Lord Favre making his return to Lambeau Field.

The fans will boo their least favorite traitor. And Green Bay will win the rematch. Green Bay is ready for the rematch.

Here are 9 reasons (the Schein 9 within the Schein 9, if you will) why the Packers are ready to win this time around and why they don't miss or need Favre.

* In the last two games, the Packers defense pitched a shutout and gave up 3 points. Sure, it was against Detroit and Cleveland. But it is obvious that Dom Capers' defense has clicked since the bye week and the last Brett Favre soap opera in Minnesota.

* Aaron Kampman is back. His hand is in the dirt. Kampman is getting to the passer. Kampman was dropping back too often in the first game against the Vikes. Kampman will chase Favre all day long, something he didn't do at all in the first matchup.

* Al Harris and Charles Woodson make up the single-best combination of cornerbacks in the NFL. Woodson had a pick against Cleveland. Woodson and Harris will have two combined picks against Favre on Sunday.

* The linebacker rotation is peaking. A.J. Hawk, Brandon Chillar, Nick Barnett and Clay Matthews make up a diverse and talented rotation of playmakers. I think they can bottle up Adrian Peterson.

* Ryan Grant is coming off of his best game of the season, pounding the Browns for 148 rush yards and a touchdown. The Packers need him to get back to his 2007 form and last Sunday gave them the hope that he will get there.

* Mike McCarthy is a better coach than Brad Childress. Did you see the run-to-pass ratio for the Vikes on Sunday? How about Chilly settling for the field goal the week before against the Ravens? McCarthy is an excellent play-caller. He puts a major emphasis on winning at home and the Packers will be ready for this unique environment come Sunday.

* Aaron Rodgers is playing brilliant football. OK, so he isn't quite in the MVP mix like I predicted. But he's gol 'darnit close. Rodgers has just two picks against 11 touchdowns with a passer rating of 110.8. He doesn't get enough credit for being great. Rodgers is a true extension of McCarthy on the field, something Favre really never was. Rodgers shares McCarthy's love of practice, film study and a 24-hour quest to succeed — to the extent where he sounds like McCarthy during interviews. Rodgers will be a model of efficiency and dominate the Vikings.

* Rodgers told me two weeks ago that he believes Greg Jennings is about to explode. With Antoine Winfield injured, this will be the week. Minnesota has been vulnerable to opposing passing attacks in recent weeks.

* The pressure is solely on Favre. He will get booed in the stadium where he used to be a star and a legend. I think he has no idea what is in store. And I think it is going to get ugly with the sight of Favre wearing the enemy's colors and with Green Bay getting a chance to cut into Minnesota's division lead.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, you are just making the beast angrier.
    Keep it up.

Giving up 3 points.
    Yeah 3 points allowed against the browns with 10 players with the flu and against the lions.
    That proves nothing until you can stop a good team from beating you.

Aaron Kampman is back.
    Kampman is good, but doesnt fit well in a 3-4 defense.
    Drop back or rush, it won't make too much difference because their line is inferior to our O-line.

Ryan Grant rushed for 148 yards against the browns.
    Yup, 148 yards against the Browns, I guess thats good enough that they'll do the same against the vikes.

Woodson and Harris being the best CB duo in the NFL.
    Woodson and Harris are an overrated duo, ive followed them for a couple years now, and they do well against bad offenses but get burned time after time against the good offenses.
    Wishful thinking to say that favre will throw two picks to them.
    They should try and tackle AD instead...we all would love to see that.

Linebacker rotation is peaking.
    hmm, the talent is there, but its not an elite group or anything.
    They were able to contain AD last time so i give em credit for that.
    Doesn't mean much if favre is burning them through the air though.

Mike is a better coach than Childress.
    Maybe, Probably, or not.
    Remember when they decided to go for it on 4th and goal against the vikes instead of kicking the FG.
    Yeah, real smart.
    Who's got the better record?
    Who let a HOF QB go and who signed that HOF QB?

Rodgers is great, great at getting Stats.
    But wins and clutch play under pressure is what gets you to the playoffs and to the superbowl, not Stats.

Rodgers think Greg Jennings will explode against the vulnerable vikings secondary.
    Yeah maybe he will.
    Maybe he wont.
    He didn't last time.
    Vikings secondary didn't look so vulnerable against the nb 2 rank passing team last week.

9. Pressure is on Favre and he wont be able to handle the boos.
    Oh Puh-lease!
    Favre has been booed countless times before when he was with the packers.
    Thank the vikings fans for that.
    The boos will have no effect on him, it may even encourage him to play better.
    Rodgers is already 0-1 vs favre and their team needs this win more than the vikings, it is him that is under pressure.
    Also, Jared Allen

chillys mayhem is offline Training Camp

Re: 9 Reasons why the Packers will win: By adam schein

ROFL, love them sconies.

Ryan Grant is good????? Him and Forte are the most overrated backs in the NFL.

Packer D against Stanton/Culpepper/Quinn/Anderson... /golfclap

Kampman in a 3/4... even funnier

4 LB's who were drafted high so they must be good... right?? lol, this is ridiculous.

Woodson is getting old and Harris is about to get toasted like last... just hope he doesn't try another cheap shot on AD... classless SOB

Rodgers and his receivers are good, no doubt about it. That line blows though... so he'll be hurried and under pressure all game

McCarthy is a good coach, but old Favra will ignite our "O" and the pukers coaching will not be able to stop it

Two words for break out performer... ASHER ALLEN.
    Brett Fevre... Favre... Frenche... screw it, champioooonship!!!!!

Elam529 is offline Rookie

1 reason why the Pack might win- Brett Favre. Dude is terrible.

GO VIKES

RIP ORLANDO THOMAS

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

9 reasons the Vikings will win.

Adrian Peterson
    Brett Favre
    Steve Hutchinson
    Jared Allen
    Kevin Williams
    Pat Williams
    EJ Henderson
    Chad Greenway
    Percy Harvin
    Sydney Rice
    Bernard Berrian
    Visanthe Shiankoe
    Chester Tayler

And most importantly, because we're a much better team.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

wow... just wow... I can't even believe the nonsense I just read.

Ryan Grant rushed for 148 yards against Cleveland, he says that like it means something.

I love how everyone who's not wearing purple is overrated and that the Packers have 'no chance at all'.

'3 points means nothing against the Browns and Lions'. 'Kampman can't do anything in the 3-4'. 'Harris and Woodson are overrated'. 'Rodgers can only get stats, not wins'.

Are you fucking serious?
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Rockmolder" wrote:
    I love how everyone who's not wearing purple is overrated and that the Packers have 'no chance at all'.

'3 points means nothing against the Browns and Lions'. 'Kampman can't do anything in the 3-4'. 'Harris and Woodson are overrated'. 'Rodgers can only get stats, not wins'.

Are you fucking serious?
    Kampman actually can't do anything in the 3-4, most packer fans would agree with you.

I wouldn't say Harris and Woodson are necessrily overrated, but they're not as good as they were
    Rodgers is 10-12 as a starter, not exactly proving he's a winner yet.

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

On my fingers I can come up with 9 reasons the vikes will win and one symbolic figure for my hatred of dumbass puckers.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

TARKenton is offline Asst. Coach

Woodson is a good corner, but harris is pure garbage.
    I cant count on 10 peoples hands the number of times hes been burned.
    Rice will make yet another example out of him.

Everybody is high on the Packers because of their previous 2 games.
    Detroit and Cleveland.
    Now theres a couple of competitive ball clubs. :

The Vikings are on top for a reason, and they will stay there.
    ...Rodgers had to hold on the ball longer, giving players like Jared "I am completely insane and will literally eat your children" Allen time to sack Rodgers again.And again. And again. Actually I think Rodgers may have nightmares about Jared Allen the rest of the year.

Redmption is offline Pro-Bowler

Article is funny because most of the points are stupid.

Here are the reasons they Packers can win the game:

Their D is ranked Top 3 overall and their passing D is ranked 4th.
    Aaron Rodgers is a very solid QB, and has a play making WR core.
    Their offense is ranked 8th to the Vikings 12th. So that makes GB a statistically better team in O & D.

Those facts right there would have prevented this idiot from looking like a douche.

But the Vikes will win because they are the better team, (Wins dont lie), have beaten better teams, (Vikes have played 4 teams with winning records to the Packs 2), and just went toe to toe with one of the best teams in the league and were in position to win it. (Played again I cant see Minny making the mistakes they did, especially being the lowest penalized team)

Anyone here who thinks this is a lock is crazy. The Pack are dangerous, have play makers, and without Winfield and #20 continuing to suck, it could be a high scoring affair.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast