Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 84

Calmwind is offline Starter

I am not sure if we should retire the #84, but I dont want to see a new vikes reciever wearing 84 this season for sure. I dont think they would but nothing surprises me lately with the Vikes. What do you guys think?
    Del Rio: "Football will go on, better players have left the Vikings, and better players will leave in the future.....the game rolls on."

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I don't want to see anyone else wear it either!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

i say we retire his number, he was the best

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Honestly, I do not see the Vikes retiring his number after he retires.
    Look at all the great players we have had that do not have their number retired; Studwell, McDaniel, Randle, R. Smith.

The list can go on and on.

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

It won't be retired, but no one will wear it unless a real star receiver is brought in that also wears 84. I would guess in four or five years they will dole it out again.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    It won't be retired, but no one will wear it unless a real star receiver is brought in that also wears 84. I would guess in four or five years they will dole it out again.
    what do u no? ure a packer fan! :lol:

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

"coreychavous21" wrote:
    "LosAngelis" wrote:
    what do u no? ure a packer fan! :lol:
    GET HIM, LOS!
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Yeah I agree los. Unless he dies tragically (hope not) it won't be retired, but what do I know, I'm only a fan McCombs and co. could dish it out to the next WR we sign!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Vikadelic is offline Starter

Re: 84

"Calmwind" wrote:
    I am not sure if we should retire the #84, but I dont want to see a new vikes reciever wearing 84 this season for sure. I dont think they would but nothing surprises me lately with the Vikes. What do you guys think?

*If this has been discused point me to the link and lock this thread*
    They won't retire his jersey. That just won't happen. Even if he was deserving it would have to pass muster to many people that would want to know why many of our other "greats" have never been retired. He was great but not worthy of a retired jersey.

I agree with those of you that want to see it held back for a few years though. It would be tough to see Campbell running around in it next year. That would suck.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

is 80 retired?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast