Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:8 Vikings make pro bowl

marstc09 wrote:
    So happy for all these guys especially Favre, Heath and Rice. Burns doesn't it Singer, Marrdro, and BLV.
    A. I love Rice.
    B. I used to love Heath. He is old and slow now as evidenced by that great tackle he almost made in the Bores game.
    c. Do I have to say it about the Noodle?

On a side note, how much fun would it be if Tahi snuck in. B)
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    So happy for all these guys especially Favre, Heath and Rice. Burns doesn't it Singer, Marrdro, and BLV.
    A. I love Rice.
    B. I used to love Heath. He is old and slow now as evidenced by that great tackle he almost made in the Bores game.

So is Heath the same old and slow you labeled Sharper as?

marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    A. I love Rice.

So is Heath the same old and slow you labeled Sharper as?
    Could be, but I don't think so. Did you see him in the Bores game? He even tried a horse collar and couldn't get the guy.

I will be very suprised if he is even on the roster next year as the ST's cats will be out looking for more speed/tacklers.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

dfosterf is offline Coach

I'm of the opinion that it can be a negative for your team when a player that arguably should not be in the Pro Bowl is awarded the designation.

I'm not speaking of the Vikings 8 in particular, I have made this argument on my "own" forum. I readily admit I am in a minority of approximately one on this issue. Some of you might recall that I have posted articles from National Football Post. Personally, I think everyone that is an NFL fan should bookmark it for daily reading, as you receive insight you just cannot get anywhere else. Andrew Brandt, as an example, gives you insight on the business of the NFL.

A Pro Bowl award often costs (perhaps otherwise unnecessary)money. Sometimes it will not matter...a Brett Favre or an Aaron Rodgers as an example...They will get paid top dollar. Sometimes it will cost you money, though. Nick Collins was a bit over-rated last year when he made the pro-bowl. Long story short, he has been making noises about his contract ever since...Essentially ticked off about an exponential increase in salary from his rookie contract incentive clause, but not "pro-bowler" $$$. He will get a HUGE payday, btw--this year he does deserve it, imo...but that is not my point.

The resources are finite, and imo, a thinking fan will-as often as not--root AGAINST a marginal player on their team "making" the pro-bowl. It isn't hard to make the inductive leap that "x" player is taking $$$ out of the ability to retain the services of "y" player. I know this is lost upon-and nay-sayed by most, but it is a reality, again, imo.

Another negative, besides the agent being armed with that pro-bowl designation come contract time is the exposure of your pro-bowl player to all the other pro-bowl players. "You are not getting PAID, my man." discussions, etc.

Have you ever seen this site? They track players by position, and rate them accordingly throughout the year.

Good stuff, imo.
    http://www.profootballfocus.com/home.php?tab=home

This is just my personal opinion, and it has nothing to do with a Vikes vs. Pack affiliation. Again, my fellow Puker fans residing here will tell you I have expressed this same sentiment within the friendly confines of "our" forum.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

dfosterf wrote:
    I'm of the opinion that it can be a negative for your team when a player that arguably should not be in the Pro Bowl is awarded the designation.

I'm not speaking of the Vikings 8 in particular, I have made this argument on my "own" forum. I readily admit I am in a minority of approximately one on this issue. Some of you might recall that I have posted articles from National Football Post. Personally, I think everyone that is an NFL fan should bookmark it for daily reading, as you receive insight you just cannot get anywhere else. Andrew Brandt, as an example, gives you insight on the business of the NFL.

A Pro Bowl award often costs (perhaps otherwise unnecessary)money. Sometimes it will not matter...a Brett Favre or an Aaron Rodgers as an example...They will get paid top dollar. Sometimes it will cost you money, though. Nick Collins was a bit over-rated last year when he made the pro-bowl. Long story short, he has been making noises about his contract ever since...Essentially ticked off about an exponential increase in salary from his rookie contract incentive clause, but not "pro-bowler" $$$. He will get a HUGE payday, btw--this year he does deserve it, imo...but that is not my point.

The resources are finite, and imo, a thinking fan will-as often as not--root AGAINST a marginal player on their team "making" the pro-bowl. It isn't hard to make the inductive leap that "x" player is taking $$$ out of the ability to retain the services of "y" player. I know this is lost upon-and nay-sayed by most, but it is a reality, again, imo.

Another negative, besides the agent being armed with that pro-bowl designation come contract time is the exposure of your pro-bowl player to all the other pro-bowl players. "You are not getting PAID, my man." discussions, etc.

Have you ever seen this site? They track players by position, and rate them accordingly throughout the year.

Good stuff, imo.

This is just my personal opinion, and it has nothing to do with a Vikes vs. Pack affiliation. Again, my fellow Puker fans residing here will tell you I have expressed this same sentiment within the friendly confines of "our" forum.
    Good points. I have always questioned monetary incentives for people going to the Pro Bowl. Incentives should be based on performance, and, unfortunately, there are too many people that go to the Pro Bowl that do not belong. Correlation does not imply causation.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

dfosterf wrote:

Good stuff, imo.

Excellent post. And yes, I love that site. Best stat site on the net.

Freya is offline Team Alumni

HEY wrote:
    Don't be so hard on Bryant McKinnie, guys!
    Okay, I admit that he did not play like a Pro Bowler in the last few games, but have everyone forgot the first 12 weeks or so. He played on a Pro Bowl level for 2/3 of the season and put on many dominant performances.

I'm a little bumbed that Percy Harvin didn't make it. Hope he gets the Rookie of the Year instead.
    McKinnie hasn't played at a pro bowl level in years. He is lethargic, at best, on a good day. I have spent entire games watchin just his play and been shocked that he isn't benched.
    How is it that 2 similarly sized guys (PWill and KWill) are all over the field L to R and McKinnie has trouble protecting an area of about 5 yards square? Clearly he cannot manage his own size. No excuses.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

Freya wrote:
    HEY wrote:
    Okay, I admit that he did not play like a Pro Bowler in the last few games, but have everyone forgot the first 12 weeks or so. He played on a Pro Bowl level for 2/3 of the season and put on many dominant performances.

I'm a little bumbed that Percy Harvin didn't make it. Hope he gets the Rookie of the Year instead.
    McKinnie hasn't played at a pro bowl level in years. He is lethargic, at best, on a good day. I have spent entire games watchin just his play and been shocked that he isn't benched.
    How is it that 2 similarly sized guys (PWill and KWill) are all over the field L to R and McKinnie has trouble protecting an area of about 5 yards square? Clearly he cannot manage his own size. No excuses.
    It is important to be able to manage your size. It is easier for some than others.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Freya is offline Team Alumni

Prophet wrote:
    Freya wrote:
    HEY wrote:

It is important to be able to manage your size. It is easier for some than others.
    True.
    I wonder if someone can help him learn how to manage it better so that he becomes a more productive team member.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

Freya wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    Freya wrote:
    HEY wrote:

True.
    I wonder if someone can help him learn how to manage it better so that he becomes a more productive team member.
    Meathead's attempt at helping was on the love boat. I think he was confused when they talked about the offensive line as a unit.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast