Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: 6 Veterans Who Should Be Cut Or Restructure

Must be a play to re-sign Pat.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1100835
    Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1100834
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1100833
    Vikings just cut Jimmy Kennedy, which frees up $2.5 million in cap space.
    Nice, add that to the toy fund.
    sorta leaves us thin at DT though.
    Yeah, but we drafted Ballard. Maybe it's a sign they are planning to bring Pat Williams back.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Vikings are apparently not going to re-structure Madieu Williams' contract, although they claim he is unwilling to do so anyway.

Might be seeing the door however, fingers crossed.

gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1100798
    With the Vikings reportedly $5.1 million over the salary cap, yet desperately in need of a re-make at several positions on the roster — offensive line, safety and perhaps wide receiver too — Minnesota may have to follow Baltimore’s lead and jettison a few veterans to make space. They could also give Adrian Peterson and Chad Greenway contract extensions. The two of them are reportedly set to count about $22 million combined against the cap. And that could be reduced to a more reasonable $14-16 million total — I’m thinking about $8-10 million for Peterson and $6 million per season for Greenway.

Madieu Williams – set to make $5.4 million each year from 2011-2013
    Bernard Berrian – set to make $3.9 million in 2011, $6.9 million in 2012, and $7.9 million in 2013
    Jim Kleinsasser – set to make $3 million in 2011
    Bryant McKinnie –set to make $5.4 million in 2011, including roster bonus, then $4.5 million in 2012 and $4 million in 2014
    Cedric Griffin – set to make $3.35 million in 2011, $4.1 million in 2012, $4.85 in 2013 and $5.45 million in 2014
    Steve Hutchinson – set to make $6.68 million in 2011, $6.95 million in 2012
    http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/126149713.html
    Cut Madieu --> Go after Weddle

Cut Berrian

Trade McKinnie, sign Doug Free or another LT (Used to be a big supporter but he's let me down as of late... lazy.)

If Ced is team oriented, he'd restructure because of his two injuries over the past two years. On the other hand, I don't blame him for not. Either way, we need him in our weak defensive backfield.

Hutch... Nothing will be done with him.

Pair those along with resigning AD and Greenway and we could make a play at a couple decent FA's.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "2beersTommy" #1100821
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1100820
    Cut Madieu Williams, cut Bernard Berrian. Neither one are worth the money they're slated to make.

Can't really cut McKinnie 'till we find a replacement....

Caine
    agree, Id keep Kleinsasser as a Fb & dump that POS Tahi!
    I agree with this. He has played FB in the past and IMHO was better at that position anyway.

I also feel they should cut Madieu.

Berrian is a tough one because he didn't perform that well the last 2 years but he did prior to that. We are a little thin at the position so it might be worth seeing if he will restructure. If not maybe we could cut him and use his salary towards Rice. That being said I don't think Rice wants to play here and I am not sure that money would be enough to sweeten the pot.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

I would like to spit on M. Williams pink slip before I hand it to him.

We need to grab the Giants ex-center badly. Cut Mac. I once supported him but even I can see he lacks passion for the game. We can have Robert Gaither for cheap.

We need to sign Lance Moore. He is a star in the making. Cut BB and Resign Rice.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1100852
    Cut Madieu Williams, cut Bernard Berrian. Neither one are worth the money they're slated to make.

Caine
    I agree with this. He has played FB in the past and IMHO was better at that position anyway.

Berrian is a tough one because he didn't perform that well the last 2 years but he did prior to that. We are a little thin at the position so it might be worth seeing if he will restructure. If not maybe we could cut him and use his salary towards Rice. That being said I don't think Rice wants to play here and I am not sure that money would be enough to sweeten the pot.
    They drafted a tight end who can block and catch. Looks like Kliensasser would have to take a pay cut to stay. But I would love to see them dump Tahi and make Kliensasser FB.

Madieu should be easy to replace for the same or less money.

We can find someone that will be more productive than Berrian for less money and younger as well. Maybe that guy with 2 last names.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1100856
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1100852

Caine

They drafted a tight end who can block and catch. Looks like Kliensasser would have to take a pay cut to stay. But I would love to see them dump Tahi and make Kliensasser FB.

Madieu should be easy to replace for the same or less money.

We can find someone that will be more productive than Berrian for less money and younger as well. Maybe that guy with 2 last names.
    +

Mike Simms-Walker?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12