Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re:5 Reasons Why Vikings Will Win NFC Title Rematch

V4L wrote:
    Purple Floyd wrote:
    Brett is the key for sure. The thought of a TJ vs Brees contest is really not something that would go in our favor.
    I think our D can stop their offense no problem

I also think we can move the ball on the regardless of who is at the helm
    Don't know for certain but I don't think they will be that easy to stop. The way to stop them is to put up lots of points and make them one dimensional. With Jackson we need to be great defensively and make no mistakes because he is too conservative and doesn't have the firepower to keep us in the game if it becomes a shootout.

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

Purple Floyd wrote:
    V4L wrote:
    Purple Floyd wrote:
    Brett is the key for sure. The thought of a TJ vs Brees contest is really not something that would go in our favor.

Don't know for certain but I don't think they will be that easy to stop. The way to stop them is to put up lots of points and make them one dimensional. With Jackson we need to be great defensively and make no mistakes because he is too conservative and doesn't have the firepower to keep us in the game if it becomes a shootout.
    The best way to stop it from becoming a shootout is to control the tempo and be effective at running the ball. AD had 122yds 4.9 avg against them, might be because they were going whole hog at Favre every play. But that doesn't say the Vikes can't control the tempo and keep the NO offense off the field.

I'm not a TJ fan, but I also haven't seen him in awhile. He could suprise us the next time we do. He also brings a dimension Favre doesn't in running the ball. With the blitzes they sent at Favre TJ could gain some serious yds.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

gagarr wrote:
    Purple Floyd wrote:
    V4L wrote:
    Purple Floyd wrote:

The best way to stop it from becoming a shootout is to control the tempo and be effective at running the ball. AD had 122yds 4.9 avg against them, might be because they were going whole hog at Favre every play. But that doesn't say the Vikes can't control the tempo and keep the NO offense off the field.

I'm not a TJ fan, but I also haven't seen him in awhile. He could suprise us the next time we do. He also brings a dimension Favre doesn't in running the ball. With the blitzes they sent at Favre TJ could gain some serious yds.
    I haven't seen Tim Couch in a while either but I am guessing he wouldn't surprise me with improved play.Yes, controlling the ball does slow down the tempo, but that works when you are ahead. When you fall behind or fail to cash in on opportunities it is less useful as we have seen from Jackson in the past. I have no desire to roll the dice again.

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

marstc09 wrote:
    1. Favre
    2. DT depth
    3. Favre
    4. Longwell
    5. Favre
    Those are 5 great reasons why the Vikings will put a whoopin' on the Saints, and I don't have an argument with any of them. What I find troubling though, is reasons 1, 3, and 5 are the exact reasons why the Vikings will not win the Super Bowl.

Go figure.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

so-cal vike wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    1. Favre
    2. DT depth
    3. Favre
    4. Longwell
    5. Favre
    Those are 5 great reasons why the Vikings will put a whoopin' on the Saints, and I don't have an argument with any of them. What I find troubling though, is reasons 1, 3, and 5 are the exact reasons why the Vikings will not win the Super Bowl.

Go figure.
    You may be right but 1, 3 & 5 may give us the best chance to get there. Strange how this works isn't it? :laugh:

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

True, but as I stated in another topic... Getting to the Super Bowl and winning the Super Bowl are two different things.

I hope I'm proven wrong.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

gagarr wrote:

Ya and with the blitzes the iggles sent he should have gotten serious yards
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

It's just another regular season game.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Tad7 wrote:
    It's just another regular season game.
    Technically, yes. But in reality we all know it means a lot more to both teams. The saints want to prove the better team won last year and the Vikings want to prove that the better team lost. Not to mention how important it is to teams to start off hot. In reality, its a lot more than just "any" regular season game.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

reyez is offline Waterboy

Don't forget Brees is on the Madden cover that should be 1 of the 5 reasons we will win.
    None

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast