Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

5 Reasons Why Vikings Will Win NFC Title Rematch

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Re:5 Reasons Why Vikings Will Win NFC Title Rematch

Have to get there first. Going to be a little tougher this year.
    ďWhat takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Itís the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: 5 Reasons Why Vikings Will Win NFC Title Rematch

heh heh

2. Brett Favreís Offense Outgained Drew Breesí Offense
    5. Favre Is Back With Dallas In Mind:
    2/5 reasons include Brett Favre... interesting.

jargomcfargo wrote:
    I think the author meant the first game, not that the Vikes and the Aints would meet again in the NFCC Game.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

the only point I don'ta gree with is this one
    4. Defense Is Healthier, Secondary Is Stronger. Cedric Griffin and E.J. Henderson will be back. Antoine Winfield will be fresher. Lito Sheppard was added through Free Agency and Chris Cook (2nd round pick, Virginia) via Draft. They will only help the defensive backfield. Tyrell Johnson is a year older, wiser, and will only get better. Madieu Williams has one year under his belt in Leslie Fraizerís system, he will improve.
    Griffen likely won't be back, EJ won't be back. Lito hasn't really turned heads yet (Based on the fact that all we hear from minicamp is how Asher, Cook, etc. are having great practices, and Lito's still learning the scheme).

Considering Griffen played vs. the Saints last year, but probably won't this year, I don't see how our defense is better.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Marrdro wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:
    I think the author meant the first game, not that the Vikes and the Aints would meet again in the NFCC Game.
    Right, OK. In that case, we shall crush those girly men.
    ďWhat takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Itís the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

jargomcfargo wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:
    Right, OK. In that case, we shall crush those girly men.
    Thats the spirit.

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    4. Defense Is Healthier, Secondary Is Stronger. Cedric Griffin and E.J. Henderson will be back. Antoine Winfield will be fresher. Lito Sheppard was added through Free Agency and Chris Cook (2nd round pick, Virginia) via Draft. They will only help the defensive backfield. Tyrell Johnson is a year older, wiser, and will only get better. Madieu Williams has one year under his belt in Leslie Fraizerís system, he will improve.
    Griffen likely won't be back, EJ won't be back. Lito hasn't really turned heads yet (Based on the fact that all we hear from minicamp is how Asher, Cook, etc. are having great practices, and Lito's still learning the scheme).
    At first, I wasn't to happy with the pickup of Lito, but after doing some diggning, mostly off of a post by my good friend Mars, I like what I saw.

He seems to be a good fit. Only 4 penalties last year, 35 tackles, 5 missed tackles, 1 INT is pretty good proof he can still play in the league. Again, not stellar or what I wanted but still not bad. If he can get back to the form he had in 04, 05 and 06 (Tackles and INT's), I think we might have found a nice bandaid until Griff is back.

Considering Griffen played vs. the Saints last year, but probably won't this year, I don't see how our defense is better.
    Agree. I think he will get some reps this year, but traditionally, it takes 2 years to really come back from those things.

Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    At first, I wasn't to happy with the pickup of Lito, but after doing some diggning, mostly off of a post by my good friend Mars, I like what I saw.

He seems to be a good fit. Only 4 penalties last year, 35 tackles, 5 missed tackles, 1 INT is pretty good proof he can still play in the league. Again, not stellar or what I wanted but still not bad. If he can get back to the form he had in 04, 05 and 06 (Tackles and INT's), I think we might have found a nice bandaid until Griff is back.
    I don't think he'll be bad, just not an improvement over Griff just yet. Remember, this is week one we're talking about. I think the three of them healthy is a great CB trio.
    Agree. I think he will get some reps this year, but traditionally, it takes 2 years to really come back from those things.
    Yeah, he'll be back, and probably start later on, but you're right, he won't be the same for a while.

bsmithberkley is offline Pro-Bowler

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:

The more I looked at the Jet's/Lito's performance last year the more impressive it was:

With Lito as "Lead CB": 6W-2L 116yds.game 55% of teams normal passing yardage

With Lito splitting Time (injury game and first games back): 1W-2L 241yds/game 95% of normal yardage

Without Lito: 2W-3L 161 yds/game 81% of normal yardage

I converted to % of normal yardage because those Split games were against some tough Offenses.

Also, it was interesting to note that Revis was actually targeted more frequentley than Lito, while in most situations with an elite CB the number 2 CB gets the lion share of targets.

Just saying, Lito seemed to have something left in the tank last year. He may not be an elite CB anymore, but, he should be a bull as a 2nd CB or in Nickel/Dime packages
    None

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast