singersp is offline PPO Newshound

5 Players With the Most to Lose During TC

Five Players With the Most to Lose During Training Camp

Read more at Minnesota Vikings Training Camp: Five Players With A Lot to Lose

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Five Players With the Most to Lose During Training Camp

Read more at Minnesota Vikings Training Camp: Five Players With A Lot to Lose
    I agree with this list.

Robinson has the speed to be an outside coverage corner, but not the size. He is now being asked to become the nickel corner and cover the slot receiver and the run like Winfield. It is one of the most difficult positions in football to play and is a lot different than playing outside. Not many corners can make the transition.

Fusco is a bit inconsistent but plays the run pretty well. His pass blocking skills need improvement. I expect to see improvement and feel he will hang on to his starting spot.

Sanford showed definite improvement but still has a ways to go. He does get it, and gives great effort. The question is whether he has a high enough ceiling and ability to continue improving. I don't see Raymond replacing him, but Blanton might at some point.

Simpson simply has had too many excuses for a mediocre career. He's in a produce or perish type of year. We'll see how he responds.

Guion doesn't seem to make a lot of plays and gets pushed out of the hole more often than I would like to see. Evans seems to make more plays but is inconsistent.

The obvious omission on this list is Ponder, but that's been discussed plenty already.