Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    digital420's Avatar
    digital420 is online now Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Ancient Korinthia
    Posts
    2,539

    5 game ticket pack?

    http://www.vikings.com/news_detail_objectname_5GamePack7606.html


    I did a search and didn't find anything on this. anyone getting this? was thinking to get one and send it to my dad.

    let me know if you guys htink it's worth it.

    DiGiTaL

    "We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

  2. #2
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,216

    Re: 5 game ticket pack?

    If it's face value then yes. I got an e-mail yesterday from the Vikings about it.

    This offer is thru the Star Tribune & at worth at least giving them a call to see what's available & what the prices are.

    The only drawback is that one of the games is a pre-season game.

    The preaseason game tickets can be bought on eBay for less than face value.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  3. #3
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: 5 game ticket pack?

    Both packages look good and should be great games! There is a phone number at the bottom just give them a call and see what they say.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  4. #4
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: 5 game ticket pack?

    Sounds like an interesting deal. Anybody call about pricing?

  5. #5
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 5 game ticket pack?

    They are face value packages, and actually pretty good deals for people who can't afford or don't want to buy entire season packages. When I do a search for tickets, both packages return hits in the upper deck, usually around rows 16-20, in the corners and endzones.

    This does worry me though. On the bottom of the site, it says "A Very limited number of full season ticket packages are also available by contacting 612-33-VIKES or email ". Obviously, we lost a lot of season ticket holders this season.

    This might just be a WAG, but given the number and locations of the tickets that are still available, it sounds like only 85-90% of the tickets are sold so far. This doesn't bode well for the 84 consecutive sellout games we've had...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  6. #6
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 5 game ticket pack?

    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    Sounds like an interesting deal. Anybody call about pricing?
    It is a ticketmaster site, so you can actually search for seats and see prices without obligation. Every hit I ran came back at $285.00 per seat with a $12.50 convienence charge.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  7. #7
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,216

    Re: 5 game ticket pack?

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    They are face value packages, and actually pretty good deals for people who can't afford or don't want to buy entire season packages. When I do a search for tickets, both packages return hits in the upper deck, usually around rows 16-20, in the corners and endzones.

    This does worry me though. On the bottom of the site, it says "A Very limited number of full season ticket packages are also available by contacting 612-33-VIKES or email ". Obviously, we lost a lot of season ticket holders this season.

    This might just be a WAG, but given the number and locations of the tickets that are still available, it sounds like only 85-90% of the tickets are sold so far. This doesn't bode well for the 84 consecutive sellout games we've had...
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    Sounds like an interesting deal. Anybody call about pricing?
    It is a ticketmaster site, so you can actually search for seats and see prices without obligation. Every hit I ran came back at $285.00 per seat with a $12.50 convienence charge.
    They always have Vikings season tix available this time of the year. But don't go thru ticket master. The $285 your seeing, I don't believe is for 1 seat or 1 game.

    Their ticket prices aten't that much more expensive than face value & the most expensive seat in the house is only $111.00.

    Go thru the link on the Vikings home page for season tix & put your name on the list.

    Any left over seats the office has, some are kept for game sales & the bulk of the rest are available thru Ticketmaster. So if you want season tix, get your request in before Ticketmaster is allowed to sell them to the general public.

    Because when that happens, they'll be sold out in a matter of hours.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  8. #8
    digital420's Avatar
    digital420 is online now Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Ancient Korinthia
    Posts
    2,539

    Re: 5 game ticket pack?

    I was thinking to get one package and send it to my dad as a suprise present..

    i'll have to try calling them later today..

    DiGiTaL

    "We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

  9. #9
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 5 game ticket pack?

    "singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    Sounds like an interesting deal. Anybody call about pricing?
    It is a ticketmaster site, so you can actually search for seats and see prices without obligation. Every hit I ran came back at $285.00 per seat with a $12.50 convienence charge.
    They always have Vikings season tix available this time of the year. But don't go thru ticket master. The $285 your seeing, I don't believe is for 1 seat or 1 game.

    Their ticket prices aten't that much more expensive than face value & the most expensive seat in the house is only $111.00.

    Go thru the link on the Vikings home page for season tix & put your name on the list.

    Any left over seats the office has, some are kept for game sales & the bulk of the rest are available thru Ticketmaster. So if you want season tix, get your request in before Ticketmaster is allowed to sell them to the general public.

    Because when that happens, they'll be sold out in a matter of hours.
    The $285 is for the five game package, and it is at face value ($57 per seat per game). If you go to the Vikings site and click on the five game package deal, it sends you to the ticketmaster site.

    Good to hear that there are always tickets available at this time of year I really don't want to see that sell out streak broken. Since they say it is 84 games strong, that means (If my math is right) that we've sold out every game, including pre and post season, since the start of the 1998 season. The last game we [b]didn't[/i] sell out was a week 17 win in 1997 against Ind. Sound right?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

Similar Threads

  1. Need one ticket for game
    By KevinK in forum Tix & Such
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-16-2010, 06:36 PM
  2. Have one playoff game ticket available
    By purplepat in forum Tix & Such
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-08-2010, 07:52 PM
  3. Need a ticket for the Dec. 6, Cardinal Game!
    By erik5032 in forum Tix & Such
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-04-2009, 06:02 PM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-26-2007, 06:57 PM
  5. Looking for ONE ticket to the Bears game...
    By NordicNed in forum Tix & Such
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-11-2005, 04:08 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •