Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vikoles is offline Coordinator

4th and 22??????????

you are right webby good point! We should have maybe went for a couple more down closse etc/.....
    "The pen is mightier than the sword"

4th and 22??????????

"webmaster" wrote:
    Shows balls to go for it. I like it. If he made it, you all would be cheering, not doubting. Relax. a good season, we keep progessing further. good job, vikes.
    Agreed.
    Even babies know the difference.

Sprewell27 is offline Rookie

4th and 22??????????

"a field goal... thats why you have a kicker."

The important thing there is we don't have a kicker. We have a milktruck driver who does kickoffs, and hasn't had a FG attempt this year, and Morten who can't hit anything over 42 outdoors. I'd have more confidence going for it. Missing the FG would give the Eagles even better field position, as well.

DoubleDown11 is offline Pro-Bowler

4th and 22??????????

I love that call... I hate NOT going for it on 4th and 2! Tice or Linehan better start working on their resumes! One of them needs to go.. I say NOrm Chow (o coord USC) as our new Offensive coordinator!
    something witty and comical... followed by genuine sarcasm.

berserkers is offline Rookie

4th and 22??????????

"Sprewell27" wrote:
    Missing the FG would give the Eagles even better field position, as well.
    how do you figure?

missed field goal, they get the ball at the line of scrimmage...
    incomplete pass, they get the ball at the line of scrimmage....

I don't get it.

and in response to the comment that "If they would have made it, you would have thought it was genius"...

wrong.

I would have wiped my brow and sighed in relief that we got lucky. Not all of us have an opinion that sways with a strong wind. Going for it on 4th and 22 was a bad call. It would have been a bad call if we made it, it would have been a bad call if we didn't, it's a bad call today, it will still be a bad call next week, it's a bad call if it's in the rain, it's a bad call if it's sitting on a train........ no matter how you slice it, it was a BAD CALL!
    [img:a634b559b7]http://www.myimgs.com/data/islandercountry/bannerbbers.gif[/img:a634b559b7]

berserkers is offline Rookie

4th and 22??????????

"webmaster" wrote:
    Shows balls to go for it. I like it. If he made it, you all would be cheering, not doubting. Relax. a good season, we keep progessing further. good job, vikes.
    well nobody can accuse you of being a pessimist....
    I don't know If I would consider this season making any progress. I guess if you look at strictly how far we went, then sure, we progressed...

We were equally bad at defending the pass as we were last year, we were as psychologically frail as we were last year and our playcalling was quite possibly worse...

There are some areas of brightness. Duante progressed personally,m and that's good to see. Antoine Winfield was a bright spot. We now have something to build on in the secondary.... and Mewelde Moore has arisen as a running threat for the future which is good...

other than that, I don't know if I agree.
    [img:a634b559b7]http://www.myimgs.com/data/islandercountry/bannerbbers.gif[/img:a634b559b7]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12