Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: 4door gives em hell

Well I guess if it makes them feel that good they might as well tell themselves they are going to be better than last year. I just dont understand it, I guess if they had the offseason that Minne had I would be doing the same thing and try to piss them off b/c I know how sad this upcoming season is looking...boo hoo pack rats I just hope we sweep their sorry butts this year
    [img:81319149fb]http://img104.exs.cx/img104/1055/wiultmossfan4ax.gif[/img:81319149fb]

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Wow, that was unexpected. I didn't read anything in cajun's post that seemed insulting towards vikgarten. Then again, I've been reading this site for a while, and know that the members here tend to joke around quite a bit, so that's how I naturally interpreted that first statement. Certainly nothing to blow up over.

As for the "you people" comment. I think that Cajun advised against using that phrase, or variations there of, because most thoughts that start with that phrase usuall come off sounding like "I'm better that you people, and here's why". It just usually doesn't go well.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikgarten" wrote:
    Call me crazy, but I have a thing about hypocrisy...

So far Ultra is the only person here who recognized and admitted that chevelle was trolling.

I don't know... I don't like to get on fellow Viking fans, but the fact is chevelle went to that site with the purpose of trolling. He went with a picture of sharper in his signature, and then started asking questions about the Packers rebuilding, and rubbing in the fact that they lost some key players...

And Caine, I don't know what kind of crack you are on, but whatever it is, give me some. "You didn't see anything in his first couple of posts that would have tee'd you off"....

I am a Viking fan, not a Packer fan... My first post here contained a very marginal amount of negativity towards one of the other long time members, about a blasting letter that he sent to a journalist. The journalist didn't even say anything bad about the Vikings in his article, and I got flamed for stating my opinion on that...

So you seriuously expect anyone to believe that you would have been perfectly okay with a Packer fan coming here with a pic of, oh I don't know.... Randy Moss in a Raiders jersey and asking questions about how will the Vikes ever get past the loss of Randy?

And instead of saying "what will the pack do without the "wife beaters"?, he asked; "what will the vikes do without the drug addicts"?

Some of you people are clueless. Chevelle went to another site and did the same thing half of you would have been up in arms about it it was done here, and you all sit here and support him in this thread like the Packer fans on that board are the ones who are wrong.

Normally, I wouldn't care. I mean it's just a friggen message board, it really shouldn;t be taken that seriously. I guess the thing is, some of the people here would act like it was the apocolypse if it happened here.

I think a few of you need to get over yourselves.

I'm sure I'll get flamed for saying this. You know, what I just pointed out is far worse than going to another board and trolling, and then starting a thread about it....
    Are you sure you want to do this again? So soon?

Alrighty then, here we go.....

1: I said that I saw nothing in his first couple posts that would have teed me off in reverse. Here they are:

POST 1
    with all the losses , salary cap and the way the pack seemed to draft for the future , it seems to me that the pack is looking to try and rebuild. are the new gaurds any where near as good as the old ones? how bout the 2 saftys picked up are they any good . has any one seen any of these players play?
    POST 2
    are you sure i've never heard of any of the players the packers signed.

are the safeties going to be fine like last year ? not sure how some no names will be better.

just think that the cap is causing the pack to relook their game plan.
    Nothing there but legitimate questions. He's looking for opinions.

post 6 in the thread - from a MadtownPacker, goes as follows:

Not sure of it is a troll or not. The pic of pretty boy/big play reject sharper makes me believe it is.
    First salvo fired - a warning shot off the bow.

When he asks why he's a troll, the replies are,

Four Door
    Please I think we've seen enough of Sharper in his pretty
    Purple uniform,I guess we can use his packer jersey for s...t paper

GBPRIDE
    and
    "i should know cotrell didn't fix the vikes defence last year with the same old players we had"

There you go, a confession!
    So, obviously, with no VERBAL provocation, the Packer fans lit him up.

Further, I DID say that the "Wife beaters" comment was out of line, but that didn't happen until well after he'd drawn repeated fire from the Packer-Backers...a point you gloss over in your oh-so-quick-to-pass-judgement post.

2: I stated in my original post that I did not see the Sharper sig - going back, I still don't see it. I don't know if it was removed, or if I'm not set up to see it, but - either way - I don't see it. I didn't know there was one until half-way through the thread when they mentioned that specifically.

But, my assesment was based upon the content of the POSTS themselves.

If someone came in sporting a Moss sig, or a Russell sig, I wouldn't flip out on them for asking a legitimate question...not true in Packer land it would seem.

3: I covered your opinon and posts about the article in depth in that thread specifically - no need to rehash it here. But, it seems to me that you didn't bother to READ it. I say that because if you DID read it, you obviously missed the point.

Oddly enough, when"I" finally stepped back into that thread - after others were going after you - and posted all the clarification material, your response was

sorry I lost you after the first sentence...

shorten the post to under 2 paragraphs and I'll respond.
    Don't like hypocrisy? Odd. I count 11 paragraphs (Some are only 1 sentence, and some are quote form, but 11 nonetheless) in your post...but the rest of us are allowed only 2?!?!? Or is it only me that gets 2? I'm not sure. Either way, I'd suggest counceling to deal with your self-loathing (Hating hypocrites, and being one...oh the angst!!)

4: I see you've met Del Rio and Cajun. And since there are now "3-4 of you" who don't appreciate being told how aweful we are by a guy with 18 posts (i.e. no CREDIBILITY here), you're going to stop your feet and run away?

Fine by me.

Caine

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

As a relative newbie here I found the 3 or 4 vets of this board to be very helpful, friendly and open to everyones opinion that is reasonable and well thought I don't now who warned you about this site but I think maybe if that is the case we should get a Surgeon Generals warning for the content and discussion on this site, LOL!
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

"Caine" wrote:
    "Vikgarten" wrote:
    Call me crazy, but I have a thing about hypocrisy...

So far Ultra is the only person here who recognized and admitted that chevelle was trolling.

I don't know... I don't like to get on fellow Viking fans, but the fact is chevelle went to that site with the purpose of trolling. He went with a picture of sharper in his signature, and then started asking questions about the Packers rebuilding, and rubbing in the fact that they lost some key players...

And Caine, I don't know what kind of crack you are on, but whatever it is, give me some. "You didn't see anything in his first couple of posts that would have tee'd you off"....

I am a Viking fan, not a Packer fan... My first post here contained a very marginal amount of negativity towards one of the other long time members, about a blasting letter that he sent to a journalist. The journalist didn't even say anything bad about the Vikings in his article, and I got flamed for stating my opinion on that...

So you seriuously expect anyone to believe that you would have been perfectly okay with a Packer fan coming here with a pic of, oh I don't know.... Randy Moss in a Raiders jersey and asking questions about how will the Vikes ever get past the loss of Randy?

And instead of saying "what will the pack do without the "wife beaters"?, he asked; "what will the vikes do without the drug addicts"?

Some of you people are clueless. Chevelle went to another site and did the same thing half of you would have been up in arms about it it was done here, and you all sit here and support him in this thread like the Packer fans on that board are the ones who are wrong.

Normally, I wouldn't care. I mean it's just a friggen message board, it really shouldn;t be taken that seriously. I guess the thing is, some of the people here would act like it was the apocolypse if it happened here.

I think a few of you need to get over yourselves.

I'm sure I'll get flamed for saying this. You know, what I just pointed out is far worse than going to another board and trolling, and then starting a thread about it....
    Are you sure you want to do this again? So soon?

Alrighty then, here we go.....

1: I said that I saw nothing in his first couple posts that would have teed me off in reverse. Here they are:

POST 1
    with all the losses , salary cap and the way the pack seemed to draft for the future , it seems to me that the pack is looking to try and rebuild. are the new gaurds any where near as good as the old ones? how bout the 2 saftys picked up are they any good . has any one seen any of these players play?
    POST 2
    are you sure i've never heard of any of the players the packers signed.

are the safeties going to be fine like last year ? not sure how some no names will be better.

just think that the cap is causing the pack to relook their game plan.
    Nothing there but legitimate questions. He's looking for opinions.

post 6 in the thread - from a MadtownPacker, goes as follows:

Not sure of it is a troll or not. The pic of pretty boy/big play reject sharper makes me believe it is.
    First salvo fired - a warning shot off the bow.

When he asks why he's a troll, the replies are,

Four Door
    Please I think we've seen enough of Sharper in his pretty
    Purple uniform,I guess we can use his packer jersey for s...t paper

GBPRIDE
    and
    "i should know cotrell didn't fix the vikes defence last year with the same old players we had"

There you go, a confession!
    So, obviously, with no VERBAL provocation, the Packer fans lit him up.

Further, I DID say that the "Wife beaters" comment was out of line, but that didn't happen until well after he'd drawn repeated fire from the Packer-Backers...a point you gloss over in your oh-so-quick-to-pass-judgement post.

2: I stated in my original post that I did not see the Sharper sig - going back, I still don't see it. I don't know if it was removed, or if I'm not set up to see it, but - either way - I don't see it. I didn't know there was one until half-way through the thread when they mentioned that specifically.

But, my assesment was based upon the content of the POSTS themselves.

If someone came in sporting a Moss sig, or a Russell sig, I wouldn't flip out on them for asking a legitimate question...not true in Packer land it would seem.

3: I covered your opinon and posts about the article in depth in that thread specifically - no need to rehash it here. But, it seems to me that you didn't bother to READ it. I say that because if you DID read it, you obviously missed the point.

Oddly enough, when"I" finally stepped back into that thread - after others were going after you - and posted all the clarification material, your response was

sorry I lost you after the first sentence...

shorten the post to under 2 paragraphs and I'll respond.
    Don't like hypocrisy? Odd. I count 11 paragraphs (Some are only 1 sentence, and some are quote form, but 11 nonetheless) in your post...but the rest of us are allowed only 2?!?!? Or is it only me that gets 2? I'm not sure. Either way, I'd suggest counceling to deal with your self-loathing (Hating hypocrites, and being one...oh the angst!!)

4: I see you've met Del Rio and Cajun. And since there are now "3-4 of you" who don't appreciate being told how aweful we are by a guy with 18 posts (i.e. no CREDIBILITY here), you're going to stop your feet and run away?

Fine by me.

Caine
    thanks for backen me , caine , i was starting to check for warts and pointy shoes.

you did forget that 2nd post in the forum : Hell No! That's a pretty lame effort for a first post.

Normally I welcome newbies, but the side of ignorance and negativity in here has enough members without another joining their ranks.

The guards will be fine; The new safeties will do a helluva lot better than the old ones; And overall, this team do even better than last year.

and i took the pic of sharper down to avoid getting 86'd for such a criminal offence.

i didn't feel very welcome and started to get a little frustrated with the idiots (not to mention 3 or 4 beers) hence the woman beater comment . uncalled for yes , but i wasn't tring to call the whole team woman beaters , but thats how they took it.

http://justlube.net/?page_id=44

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"fourdoorchevelle" wrote:
    thanks for backen me , caine , i was starting to check for warts and pointy shoes.

you did forget that 2nd post in the forum : Hell No! That's a pretty lame effort for a first post.

Normally I welcome newbies, but the side of ignorance and negativity in here has enough members without another joining their ranks.

The guards will be fine; The new safeties will do a helluva lot better than the old ones; And overall, this team do even better than last year.

and i took the pic of sharper down to avoid getting 86'd for such a criminal offence.

i didn't feel very welcome and started to get a little frustrated with the idiots (not to mention 3 or 4 beers) hence the woman beater comment . uncalled for yes , but i wasn't tring to call the whole team woman beaters , but thats how they took it.
    Everyone, at some time or another, posts something they regret - well after it's posted. I do it from time to time. The most important thing is to swallow your pride and apologize - I believe you did so in that thread.

I did so (Slipped) when I posted the letter I wrote to the journalist. I had over-reacted to an article, mis-interpreted an early line which changed the "tone" of the piece for me, and fired from the hip.

Oooops.

I apologized, then posted the darn thing up in an effort to give credit to the journalist...because he ANSWERED an email.

What NO ONE needs it's a hyper-critical nag harping on about their mistakes. I already have a wife. She is more than capable of reminding me of my every flaw (And I DO mean "every") - real or imagined.

Maybe our new friend will come to realize that. The people that ripped into him in that thread certainly did. The people that ripped him in this thread did too.

Or maybe he won't. Maybe he'll slink back from whence he came, and write all sorts of long, sophmoric posts about how the PPO people are a pack of raving madmen, ripping up anyone and anything that flashjes in front of their eyes.

My money is on the latter. I'm sure he'll be welcome at JSOL Online.

Caine

Del Rio Guest

Ahhh internet drama I love it.

OchoCinco is offline Coordinator

Wow I need a drink after all that.....and these are the days of our posts...(insert sappy soap music here)

CanadaViking is offline Pro-Bowler

I am a definite newbie to this site as this may be my 20th post, however I have been visiting the site for some time now and have come to really appreciate the opinions and thoughts of true Viking fans as I am from Canada and everyone here has different favorite teams, obviously cause none of us have our own team up here.

When Caine posted the story about the Journalist, I was of the same opinion as Caine about having a writer return an email and was absolutley floored that Vikgarten was so arrogant in his opinion. Being new to the site doesn't mean you have to agree with everything said in the threads, but if you act like a jerk off chances are pretty good that you will be treated poorly.

The reason that I am even posting anything here is that if I made a post in Vikgarten fashion, it would be because either I am not a Viking fan or I am a complete azzhole.

As far as being told this was a bad site, that sounds like sour grapes for a guy who can't even communicate amicably on a web site designed for people that are into the same thing(s) (Vikings).

Sorry for starting in on the guy in the Writer thread, but after reading 4DC's thread, it seems to me that my initial thought on Vikgarten was bang on!

Also this site rocks, and the Packer site that was threaded to PPO sucked, it looked like I should be ordering pharmaceuticals from it!

Cheers

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234