Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Re: 49ers Playing for Pride/Nothing To Lose

After last year's embarrassment, I'd hope the players/coaches aren't foolish enough to overlook this team under any circumstances.

That being said, there is not reason we should lose this game.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

To me this is the game that tells us if we're playoff contenders (or pretenders).
    We've won BIG the last two games against potential playoff teams, but can we overcome the trend of playing down to our competition, and beat a sub-par ON THE ROAD?
    Last year @ SF we suffered an embarrasing loss.
    If we lose this year we don't deserve to be in the playoff race.
    If we win big, the sky's the limit (as long as we stay healthy, don't get overconfident, have good game plans, continue to make adjustments, protect Tarvaris, and the OL and defense stays status quo, lol).

I like the mentality that the coaching staff has instilled in the players.
    There is no way they're looking past the 49er's.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

davike is offline Team Alumni

"SKOL" wrote:
    To me this is the game that tells us if we're playoff contenders (or pretenders).
    We've won BIG the last two games against potential playoff teams, but can we overcome the trend of playing down to our competition, and beat a sub-par ON THE ROAD?
    Last year @ SF we suffered an embarrasing loss.
    If we lose this year we don't deserve to be in the playoff race.
    If we win big, the sky's the limit (as long as we stay healthy, don't get overconfident, have good game plans, continue to make adjustments, protect Tarvaris, and the OL and defense stays status quo, lol).

I like the mentality that the coaching staff has instilled in the players.
    There is no way they're looking past the 49er's.
    Agreed!

They had better not blow this one or I will cry like a little girl.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

renovikesfan is offline Coordinator

I think there would be more of a danger of our guys "mailing it in" if they hadn't played them last year.
    Seeing as how they did, and it was, quite possibly, the most pathetic display of Offense in Vikings history, I think they're going to come out with guns a'blazing.

Dec. 9th could very well be another record-yard rushing day for AP.
    300+?
    Oh yeah!

Vikesfargo and everyone else is right, anything can happen.
    However, we match up really well against the 49ers, who are also just a bad team in general.

They can't throw the ball and can't stop the run.
    In fact, their passing offense is ranked 32nd in the NFL in yards/game (145.1 ypg), they have only 9 passing TDs to 15 INTs, only the Lions have allowed more sacks, and they have the worst team passing rating in the league as well (57.8.).
    They have the 26th ranked run defense (124.0 ypg), but allow only a respectable 3.8 yards/carry.

If you can't throw the ball against us and can't stop our running game, you can't beat us.

The one thing that worries me is Dilfer.
    How many times did that guy look horrible all season when he was with Tampa, only to play the Vikings and 'turn it around?'
    For example, in the first 5 games of 1996 he completed less than 50% of his passes, for less than 150 yards/game, while totaling 1 TD and 8 INTs.
    Against us in his sixth game: 22 of 35, 218 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs.
    But that's ancient history, and I don't expect it to repeat itself on Sunday.

"renovikesfan" wrote:
    I think there would be more of a danger of our guys "mailing it in" if they hadn't played them last year.
    Seeing as how they did, and it was, quite possibly, the most pathetic display of Offense in Vikings history, I think they're going to come out with guns a'blazing.

300+?
    Oh yeah!
    I hope so.
    But I'm thinking that we will not be giving AD enough carries for that.
    I expect a healthy dose of Taylor, especially if we get up on these guys (which we should).
    I'd be happy with 100 yards and 2 TDs from each of them.

Heck, I'm going to be drunk.
    I'll be happy with anything.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"Overlord" wrote:
    Vikesfargo and everyone else is right, anything can happen.
    However, we match up really well against the 49ers, who are also just a bad team in general.

They can't throw the ball and can't stop the run.
    In fact, their passing offense is ranked 32nd in the NFL in yards/game (145.1 ypg), they have only 9 passing TDs to 15 INTs, only the Lions have allowed more sacks, and they have the worst team passing rating in the league as well (57.8.).
    They have the 26th ranked run defense (124.0 ypg), but allow only a respectable 3.8 yards/carry.

If you can't throw the ball against us and can't stop our running game, you can't beat us.

The one thing that worries me is Dilfer.
    How many times did that guy look horrible all season when he was with Tampa, only to play the Vikings and 'turn it around?'
    For example, in the first 5 games of 1996 he completed less than 50% of his passes, for less than 150 yards/game, while totaling 1 TD and 8 INTs.
    Against us in his sixth game: 22 of 35, 218 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs.
    But that's ancient history, and I don't expect it to repeat itself on Sunday.

"renovikesfan" wrote:

300+?
    Oh yeah!
    I hope so.
    But I'm thinking that we will not be giving AD enough carries for that.
    I expect a healthy dose of Taylor, especially if we get up on these guys (which we should).
    I'd be happy with 100 yards and 2 TDs from each of them.

Heck, I'm going to be drunk.
    I'll be happy with anything.
    ;D right there with ya

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

I remember last year defeat
    9-3,in one of the most depressing and boring
    games I ve ever seen,something tell me we gonna score more than 3 this time.....
    El underdog.

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

A trap game like this has to have you concerned. Here is *praying* that Chilly and Bevel come out running the ball to get rhythm going. Stop Gore, stop the 49'ers. This should be an absolute butt kicking. And it sure had better be. For real or pretenders...oh so true!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    After last year's embarrassment, I'd hope the players/coaches aren't foolish enough to overlook this team under any circumstances.
    Every meeting this week should start with a still-shot of the final score graphic from last year's game.
    That should be enough to get them up for Sunday.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Zeus" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Every meeting this week should start with a still-shot of the final score graphic from last year's game.
    That should be enough to get them up for Sunday.

=Z=
    Childress was already talking about last year's loss on Sunday's post game interview.
    I think he is going to throw that 9-3 score in the face of the Vikings players every chance he gets to fire them up.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast