Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

Re: 49er Game 07 was the turning point...

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    Your funny sometimes!!..
    Finally, someone that thinks I'm funny.
    I'm showing this to Wildwoman as she still says I have a sense of humor like a bent pooh can.
    ;D
    I would have signed Hackett instead of Ferg... He would have taken a 1 or 2yr deal from us.. and we didn't have to break the bank on him.. he took a low ball offer from Carolina.. or signed him and Ferg and we wouldn't have had to draft Jaymar..
    Why, even though I like Hackett, he would still be a short term fix just like Ferg is and Ferg knows the scheme.
    If you know as much as you say you do, you must admit that Ferg will be more effective this year cause he knows the system.

By the way, I think that BB will be productive, but I worry about his ability to adapt as well.
    Remember what Gus said about the scheme and how different it is what with all the terminalogy.

You failed in your endevour to convince me.
    Nice try though as I am a Hackett fan.
    Saying Hackett would be a short term fix is like saying Jaren allen is a short term fix.
    They are both 26 and have 4-5 yrs experience (hackett has 5 and has played in the WCO his entire career)

i'm not sure what your deal is about adjustments or lack thereof... i know you think (and you do to and extent) you know alot about football and that your word is LAW... (I do to by the way, unless convinced otherwise..)... but the fact remains that anybody with a brain that watched any of those games would know that we didn't make adjustments and that our coaches don't always put our players in the best situation to be successful.. and i have proof..
    My deal with adjustments is everyone sits out there and uses it as a cliche' and don't have the faintest idea what a adjustment is.

Additionally, even if they do they don't seem to then take it to the next step and look at the players and thier ability to make those adjustments.
    Lets not forget the big wild card in all of this is that we had a very young/raw QB on the field.
    That alone would cause any Ocord/HC to hesitate from trying to do anything fancy.
    Oh, i forgot the all-knowing Marrdro is the only one on here that knows what the hell an adjustment is...

If you have 9 men in the box... YOU THROW THE BALL!!!!!
    or atleast run out of a passing formation to spread them out a little.. by and far its worth a try.. and when we did do that often times it worked.!!! i don't see what changing your personnel and formations has anything to do with being fancy!!!

but staying par for the course and going two TE's and running up the middle with AP is such a good game plan, when he runs for 3 yds... you can stick to your plan, but you may change the personnel to give them something to think about!.. I"m all for them sticking to their game plan, but often times our offense got ridiculously predictable and they didn't have the adaptability to change such a simple fundamental to atleast "SEE" if something else would work. and if they did it was too late.. PERFECT EXAMPLE!! Skins 2nd half and Broncos' 2nd half.

In the skins game, Chilly admitted we stuck with the run tooo long!...
    Who was gonna throw it and who was gonna catch it?
    Marrdro your missing the point!!.. You can still stick with the run, but when you run it 1st and 10, 2nd and 8.. throw a pass for 4yds on 3rd down punt!!!.. for a majority of the 1st half posessions.. that's a problem!.. Especially when your running against 8-9 men in the box... So, i guess in your head that's a good idea??.. so hell, just keep running!!!

AP, said, we should have gotten him in space more often by throwing to him, and Bevell (i think) backed this up by saying he would try to incorporate that more into the scheme this year..
    Believe it or not, it takes time to setup a screen and it also takes a OL that knows what they hell they are doing to set one up.

Go back and watch the screens we did run.
    TJ almost got killed in all of them. I suppose you know that of course and factored that into the ability of making that adjustment and executing it.
    Getting him in space, doesnt necessarily mean running a screen.. it could be a swing pass, short underneath clear-out route, there are a number of ways to accomplish this, but the closed minded thinking doesn't allow for one to think outside the box....

Furthermore, i don't see how in the hell saying our coaches don't make adjustments is a cliche'.
    It is when you don't put anything behind it.
    Put nothing behind it??... hell, if you want me to come up with a game plan or x's o's so be it!!.. but i did state an adjustment... and what we could have atleast tried to get some success... but i guess, your just happy with what you saw on the field and that awful excuse for having an answer to 8-9 in the box... if your gonna sit there and say, hey, well, we have young players and can't do this or that, so we'll just keep doing this even tho it's not working.. then your measure of wanting to win is different than mine... i on the other hand would have atleast tried to see if something else would have worked... I'm just saying try... exhaust all possibilities...

then again, you haven't exactly been specific about what i haven't been specific about!!.. all your doing is saying it's cliche' when it's cliche' for you to say that and not say why, esp. when i'm saying and giving idea as to what we could do... so don't lump me in the cliche' category!!.. .. that's BS!

Clearly we all know Chilly can be stubborn, so as i said in a post last year.. if Chilly thinks his offense is KAO.. then obviously, it would make sense that he thinks the game plan he came up with prior to the game would work no matter what the defense does against him...
    No it isn't clear to me.
    Enlighten me.
    Give me evidence.
    By the way, that is one of the biggest baddest cliche's out there with respect to the Chiller.
    ;D

Again, because you know so much, I am sure you are taking out the ability of the players to execute said schemes into your analysis.
    I have and I say we say a vanilla version of the KAO just because the team was limited in what they could do.

Wait, I suppose you believe they had no limitations.
    there you go with that word again!!... do you know him personally???... then how the eff would you know whether he's stubborn or not!!.. i understand limitations.. and all... but it's obvious he's stubborn by the way he came in here and carried things from the first year he was brought here... he even is quoted as saying when your a head coach you have to do it your way.. and that's the only way... (i agree) but for the longest time he wouldn't even listen to vet players..

Now over the last year he has lightened up and started listening more, as evidenced by his giving twill his paychek back... so, if he's admitedly stubborn regarding the way he runs his program, when you see the same signs on the field, it's equally easy to reason, and even more so, that he would be that way about his offense, game plan, and so on!!... it's not only by observation that you come to this conclusion, it's also by inductive reasoning... apply similar theories to like circumstances... Marr, that's common sense!!.. so you can put the cliche' work back in the bag.. and use it in a more relevant case!!

But as you can see, that's not always the reason or what actually happens.. Hence: the 9ers, skins, bronco's and bears game.. they did very similar things against us..and it wasn't only putting 8-9 in the box, it was blitzing safeties, corners, and LB's in running gaps on situations where AP was in the game...
    Wonder why they did that stuff?
    Cause our OL couldn't stop it.
    I suppose you want them to run a screen with that kindof blitz pattern coming against us?
    Or maybe you wanted the QB to throw a deep ball?

I wouldn't think that as I saw how much time our QB had to actually get rid of the ball last year.
    I am sure that you are knowledgable enough to know that he didn't.
    Probably why that adjustment didn't happen ya think?
    now that's just an jiggly butt-holish assanine statement to make!!.. and even more than that that's just dumb!!.. if you have a team that is doing the same thing... copy cat league, against you week in and week out, and you don't make adjustments, whether in pass protection, play calling, or whatever... you need to be fired... YOur like, well, we can't stop that, so we won't fix it!!.. oh, well!!.. i understand we had pass protection issues.. but that doens't mean, that you can't look at the tape, and come up with ways to counter the scheme teams are running against you.. especially if you see it all the time!!.. that's what being a coach and being "adaptable" or making adjustments is all about!!..

It wasn't like we were seing all these exotic coverages.. we say 8-9 in the box consistently... i understand we have a young QB... but when we took the thumb out of his mouth, and allowed him to make mistakes, you saw a vastly different QB than when we coddled him!!..

Fact, is, teams did similar things against us, and we needed to come up with a way to fix, it and all they did was the same thing as the week before, it really, honestly looked like they weren't prepared for it or didn't think the next team would do the same thing, whether bc, they didn't have the same personnel or what!!.. but they did!.. and we were not prepared for it!..

So, for you to say that's cliche is just stupid to me..
    Sorry you feel that way.
    well i do!!!

Additionally, I freakin know TJ was learning on the field.. c'mon Marr give me more credit than that, and i have always backed TJ... but my point is, our receiving core was also kinda crappy last year and by just signing BB, so a woeful passing game, i just think we could have upgraded a little more to help TJ out even more this year...

If i recall you even supported the claim that it would have been nice to get Hackett. so what are you talking about!!...

and i agree some of the problems were the OL, however, seeing as how we didn't do anything in the offseason to substantially upgrade the OL, this year ( besides bring in a few undrafted FA's) even with McKinnie's suspension looming... another wr threat sure would come in handy....
    Hey, that sounds like something I kindof just typed.
    ;D
    I never disputed that point!!!... that's a foregone conclusion.. the question is, given these problems, what are you as a team gonna do to fix it or atleast mask it in the best way possible... that's the point i'm trying to make!!!..

so marr.. what is it that the rest of yall are seeing...????

I agree on a lot of those points.. but i just find it kinda ridiculous and juvenile that you would even say something like that, I think you should get your head out your arse and see what most ppl see in that CHilly and Bevell need to be more flexible when it comes to playcalling and taking advantage of the defenses weaknesses with creative thinking, even if that meant putting their weakness against our weakness.. sometimes that could end up being a strength..!!
    LOL, get my head out of my arse huh.
    Your just trying to crack me up now.

Maybe I need to start a poll again to show you that you are in the minority here on this.
    There are a heck of alot more posters on here that think along the lines of me in the fact that the play calling was limited last year, not because the coach has a hard head and won't adjust but rather he was limited in what he could do.

In short, you need to be able to exploit that weakness.
    Last year we couldn't because of poor OL play (Pass blocking), a raw QB who couldn't get through his reads, and WR's who dropped the ball.

This year TJ's ability to read defenses will help, the OL will gel abit more allowing for him to make a few more reads than one and we have a new WR who gives us what T-will couldn't and two young WR's who will also show improvement.
    maybe you do, bc, i think your giving yourself too much credit in thinking that ppl actually agree with you in the simple points that we think Chilly is doing fine as a coach and makes good game-to-game and in game adjustments...

If you did do something like that, i think you'd be in the minority on that one!!.. i think most ppl on here feel as though Chilly could make better adjustments to things teams do against us, whether on the spot or on a regular basis!...

And while i agree with you that the playcalling is limited do to OL issues and a raw QB.. but that's a freakin excuse... you still have to do some things, whether adjust your personnel, or send your QB to the LOS with 2 plays (run/pass) and tell him if you see this run it, if you see this pass it... or you call a different pattern of plays... or you run a run play out of a pass formation or vice-versa... we could have used the fact that everyone knew we were gonna run to our advantage... and sold it.. it's called deception... that's the point im trying to make!!...

it's the not types of plays i'm complaining about, it's when we run the plays and in specific situations we run them is what i'm getting at...

and if you read my entire post.. i did include and describe an adjustment that they should and could have implemented!!!... I said when they stacked the box, with AP in the game, send in 3 wr's with AP in the game and spread'em out and run the ball or throw it!!.. Give TJ two plays to go to the line of scrimmage and call one of them... but your soo worried and got all excited about ppl using cliche's that you failed to read that statement...
    I read your attempt.
    My apologies for finding it not enough.
    whatever!!.. if you were looking for more, then elaborate on what your looking for and i'll explain... your comment is like a teacher that says, your paper is vague and it sucks.. instead of asking like, hey, what about this.. what about this..

your sittin up there saying your explanation of an adjustment is not enough so it's cliche'.... when it s really cliche' to sit there and say something like that when you complain about ppl doing the same thing... i.e. the John Booty should start thread...

your still my dogg tho!!.. but i swear you frustrate the HELL out of me sometimes!!! ;D
    should make for a very entertaing pre-season Ravens game!!!lol
    You said I'm funny so I will always be your dog.

JK, Don't think of it so negatively, these types of discussions are what makes this site great.
    If everyone agreed this place would be really boring.

Just cause I don't agree with you doesn't make you wrong and me right.
    It just means I don't agree with you.
    Keep on trying to convince me.
    Maybe, (I doubt it
    ;D) you will sway me to your way of thinking.
    [/quote]

I don't take these conversations negatively... i like the discussions, and they do get heated sometimes... but to your point.. I'll make a general point!!

If you (AP) keep running into a brick wall (last 4 games of the season)... over and over and over again...

and every time you get back up and do it again... and the only thing you can come up to as to why you keep doing that dumb ship!!
    is that well, i don't know how to jump so i have to do it this way...

ppl are gonna be like that's the dumbest thing i've ever heard!!.. where instead in fact, you can go around it.. dig a whole under it, take a rope and climb ur butt over it.. etc. etc...

same thing for our vikes.. i know we had protection issues and a raw QB.. but we could have done something (some of the things i mentioned above) to get the other team to think twice about running that coverage against us.. esp. with AP in the game...'

you notice, over those last few games, when CT was in the game, he had no problem churning our yards.. that's bc, the other team wasn't as focused solely on stopping him... as they were AP... so if they were so focused on stopping AP.. that is a built in advantage that we could have had.. but no, what did we do... two TE's and run left, run right.. over and over...

there were other things we could have done to move the ball... but we rarely did...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

OK, that is just way to much to reply to and if I did I don't think I will be able to change our mind.
    I am gonna accept defeat and concede the field.

Looking forward to meeting you at the Ravens game.
    I bet we talk for hours over these subjects/topics.
    Maybe then I will be able to change your mind on a few things and swing you to the good side.
    (JK my friend
    ;D)

One comment though......

Oh, i forgot the all-knowing Marrdro is the only one on here that knows what the hell an adjustment is...
    I am not all knowing and am a self proclaimed yutz.
    Again, just cause I disagree with you doesn't make me right or you wrong.
    Just means I disagree with you.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Bleedpurple Wins!
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"V" wrote:
    Bleedpurple Wins!
    Nobody wins. It is opinions. Why do people feel they have to win all the time?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"V" wrote:
    Bleedpurple Wins!
    LOL, not the first time I've conceded the field on here.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"marstc09" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    Bleedpurple Wins!
    Actually, I think we are all loser for reading 7 pages of that.

OK, everybody wins except for martc09 ;D
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    Bleedpurple Wins!

I'm a loser baby, so why don't you kill me.
    8)

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"marstc09" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    Bleedpurple Wins!

8)
    Crazy with the cheese whiz...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    Bleedpurple Wins!

8)
    Drive-by body pierce ...
    Now I win!!! lol ... nothing like references to great music to occupy my time at work
    ;D

WildViking3030 is offline Training Camp

"midgensa" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [quote author=V link=topic=45357.msg787582#msg787582 date=1212432180]
    Bleedpurple Wins!

8)
    Drive-by body pierce ...
    Now I win!!! lol ... nothing like references to great music to occupy my time at work
    ;D
    [/quote]

Didn't see the Beck references comming
    ;D
    Not a big fan or anything but...shotgun wedding and a stain on my shirt.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567