Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 39 of 39
  1. #31
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 4 Way Slug Fest For Last Spot InPlayoffs. Can The Vikes win it??

    I think it will be an incredibly tight race in the NFC, with the East not being decided until week 17.
    Here is how I think it will play out:

    1 Chi 12-4
    2 Sea 11-5
    3 NO 10-6
    4 NYG 10-6
    5 Dal 10-6
    6 Min 9-7
    --------------------
    7 Atl 9-7
    8 Car 9-7
    9 San Fran 8-8
    10 St Louis 8-8

    In order for us to win the tie breakers over Atlanta, we need Carolina to beat them in week 16.
    This will give us the better NFC record over both teams (as well as the head to head over Carolina).
    it is a long shot, but it is doable.

    And just for shits and grins, here is my playoff predictions for the NFC

    Wild Card Weekend
    Minnesota at NO - New Orleans Cinderella season ends here
    Dallas at New York

    Divisional Playoffs
    Minnesota at Chicago - Revenge game...
    New York at Seattle

    NFC Championship
    Minnesota at Seattle - We knock Hasselback out... again

    Superbowl
    Minnesota vs New England - no more soft zone for us. 3-4 to force the run, and cover 2 in passing downs

    Super Bowl here we come Baby!!!!
    ;D
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  2. #32
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: 4 Way Slug Fest For Last Spot InPlayoffs. Can The Vikes win it??

    If you call that correctly I'll buy you a vacation to the location of your choice.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  3. #33
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 4 Way Slug Fest For Last Spot InPlayoffs. Can The Vikes win it??

    "Acumen" wrote:
    If you call that correctly I'll buy you a vacation to the location of your choice.
    LOL.
    How about Miami on the first Sunday in February 2007. ;D
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  4. #34
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: 4 Eay Slug Fest For Last Spot In Wild Card Playsoff Can The Vikes win it??

    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    I'd take getting in at #6...cause you never know...the Stillers did it last year...albeit with a better offense than we have right now!
    I suppose you "never know" and all that.
    But the 2005 Steelers accomplished something which NO ONE has ever done before - beating the #3, #1 & #2 seeds, all on the road.

    =Z=
    Which only means that it can be done!
    As can throwing 7 TDs in one game.
    Also only been done ONCE.

    I'm not holding my breath.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  5. #35
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: 4 Eay Slug Fest For Last Spot In Wild Card Playsoff Can The Vikes win it??

    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    I'd take getting in at #6...cause you never know...the Stillers did it last year...albeit with a better offense than we have right now!
    I suppose you "never know" and all that.
    But the 2005 Steelers accomplished something which NO ONE has ever done before - beating the #3, #1 & #2 seeds, all on the road.

    =Z=
    Which only means that it can be done!
    As can throwing 7 TDs in one game.
    Also only been done ONCE.

    I'm not holding my breath.

    =Z=
    Been done 5 times:

    Most touchdown passes, game—7, Sid Luckman, Chicago Bears, 1943; Adrian Burk, Philadelphia, 1954; George Blanda, Houston, 1961; Y. A. Tittle, N.Y. Giants, 1962; Joe Kapp, Minnesota, 1969.

    http://www.infoplease.com/ipsa/A0909367.html


    Start holding your breath, Z!!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  6. #36
    cyviking's Avatar
    cyviking is offline Starter Spectromancer: Gamer's Pack Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    233

    Re: 4 Way Slug Fest For Last Spot InPlayoffs. Can The Vikes win it??

    Can they? YES!!!
    ;D


    Will they get the #6 spot though?
    NO
    >

    In reality this team could potentially be in contention for the #1 spot but too many turnovers,
    penalties, ect have left us in a point where I feel we only win 1-2 more games.
    "Lurker" turned Poster
    2005-06 The Lost Vikings

  7. #37
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: 4 Eay Slug Fest For Last Spot In Wild Card Playsoff Can The Vikes win it??

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    I'd take getting in at #6...cause you never know...the Stillers did it last year...albeit with a better offense than we have right now!
    I suppose you "never know" and all that.
    But the 2005 Steelers accomplished something which NO ONE has ever done before - beating the #3, #1 & #2 seeds, all on the road.

    =Z=
    Which only means that it can be done!
    As can throwing 7 TDs in one game.
    Also only been done ONCE.

    I'm not holding my breath.

    =Z=
    Been done 5 times:

    Most touchdown passes, game—7, Sid Luckman, Chicago Bears, 1943; Adrian Burk, Philadelphia, 1954; George Blanda, Houston, 1961; Y. A. Tittle, N.Y. Giants, 1962; Joe Kapp, Minnesota, 1969.

    http://www.infoplease.com/ipsa/A0909367.html


    Start holding your breath, Z!!!!
    I stand corrected.
    However - it's been 37 years since the last time.
    If I'm holding my breath, I'm bluer than blue right now.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  8. #38
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    Re: 4 Way Slug Fest For Last Spot InPlayoffs. Can The Vikes win it??

    I'm just excited we're still in the playoff race. It definately makes the last few weeks of the season more interesting.

  9. #39
    purplepat is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,510

    Re: 4 Way Slug Fest For Last Spot InPlayoffs. Can The Vikes win it??

    Right now, I like the Vikings chances of getting in if they only lose one of their remaining five games, beating St. Louis.
    If you look at the schedules of the other teams contending for the wild card spots, it's easy to see all of them losing two more games (at least).

    The Vikes actually have a chance at 8-8 as well, provided they beat St. Louis and one of those losses is to the Jets.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Similar Threads

  1. Slug Guns Fellas
    By battleaxe4cheese in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-07-2009, 06:39 PM
  2. MOVED: Slug Guns Fellas
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-06-2009, 06:55 PM
  3. TWINS FEST!
    By WBLVikeBabe in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 01-31-2007, 07:31 PM
  4. World Fest
    By RK. in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-16-2006, 06:03 PM
  5. MNF-- Love Fest!!!
    By CynicalVike in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 11-20-2005, 05:33 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •