Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Re: 4 Eay Slug Fest For Last Spot In Wild Card Playsoff Can The Vikes win it??

"Pikes4Vikes" wrote:
    This is absolutely ridiculous.
    We lose to a mediocre Miami team last week and everyone is calling for Brad's head and whining about how atrocious we are.
    We beat the lowly 2-8 Cardinals, and barely, and everyone starts drawing up playoff scenarios.
    GET REAL GUYS!
    It's funny, i admit but Brad finally woke up and we made some huge changes on the o-line.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"Pikes4Vikes" wrote:
    We lose to a mediocre Miami team last week and everyone is calling for Brad's head and whining about how atrocious we are.
    We beat the lowly 2-8 Cardinals, and barely, and everyone starts drawing up playoff scenarios.
    GET REAL GUYS!
    Or there were those that were actually realistic that were being cool headed. We were the ones who weren't ready to fire Childress, the ones that said Brad gave us the best chance to win and the ones that still believed that this team could still win out.

I'm pretty sure I could name them on my digits, but we were here.

CyVikeFan is offline Training Camp

Of course, we all know that the best way that the Vikes can get in is to win out and with the toughest game coming next week, every vike fan is going to need to be out in full force supporting the boys in purple.
    They need to make sure as well to NOT underestimate the season of the Jets.
    They seem to have something going right now.

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    I'd take getting in at #6...cause you never know...the Stillers did it last year...albeit with a better offense than we have right now!
    I suppose you "never know" and all that.
    But the 2005 Steelers accomplished something which NO ONE has ever done before - beating the #3, #1 & #2 seeds, all on the road.

=Z=
    Which only means that it can be done!
    Not to mention that I seriously doubt that the 1, 2, and 3 seeds from the NFC will be anywhere near the caliber of teams from the AFC last year. Most likely Chicago, New Orleans ( ), and Dallas. Still it's highly doable (maybe not by us, but still doable).

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

what i don't get is that everybody expects us to win the last 5 games
    everybody expected us to win the 4 game streak in november and we went 1-3
    let's just wait and yell our longs out when we play!
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

Dekay is offline Pro-Bowler Element Quest Champion

http://www.nfl.com/standings/conference

Although its early and the cheesers still have to play a game which, if they win would take them past us in the playoffstandings since they have won the internal meeting. But we have the tiebreaker on both carolina and seattle should they come second in their conference. And we have a season finale against the rams too that could be a deciding factor if it comes down to tiebreakers.

We still do have a good conference record too. I think the tiebreakers could go our way.

Yes, I know its early, they havent played all too well either. But at least let me dream and keep my hope up. Its so much funnier than being the Negative Nancy!

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Re: 4 Way Slug Fest For Last Spot InPlayoffs. Can The Vikes win it??

So I'll dream along with you.

It's not that bad if you have to loose that you do it to the AFC teams. That makes us look pretty good in tiebraker scenarios.

The only team that we're having touble with as of tiebrakers are the 9ers. And I'd be surprised if they end up with the same record as us.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

mewario is offline Starter

I hope we don't make the playoffs actually, to show management that some serious changes need to be made.

I have a feeling that if we sneak into the playoffs, management will think "Well, you know what guys, we were close this year!
    Maybe Brad can take us to the title next year!
    We don't even need new receivers, for we made it thus far!"

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"mewario" wrote:
    I hope we don't make the playoffs actually, to show management that some serious changes need to be made.

I have a feeling that if we sneak into the playoffs, management will think "Well, you know what guys, we were close this year!
    Maybe Brad can take us to the title next year!
    We don't even need new receivers, for we made it thus far!"
    I'm sorry but that sounds like a really bad idea.

So you don't want us to make the playoffs because you are afraid that the management might think we are a team that can make the playoffs.

I know that's not exactly what you said, but please stop hating Brad Johnson and the WRs so much that you wish ill for our team...

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    "Pikes4Vikes" wrote:
    GET REAL GUYS!
    Or there were those that were actually realistic that were being cool headed. We were the ones who weren't ready to fire Childress, the ones that said Brad gave us the best chance to win and the ones that still believed that this team could still win out.

I'm pretty sure I could name them on my digits, but we were here.
    Amen!!! there were some of us out there at first, now there's more of us being optimistic! (come on man, a wins a win!)

here we come superbowl!
    ;D

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast