Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    digital420 is offline Team Alumni

Re: 4 Vikes make top 50 current players

i'm kinda suprised that Winfield didn't make that list..

he doesn't have the recognition i think he deserves. he's undersized, yet still hits like a truck, led the team in tackles a ew times. and really does figure into O cord's game plans as they tend to go away from him.. also kinda cause the other side is rookies.. but. now that they arn't. it would be interesting to see the results.

many gratz to those that made it, you can see the talent we are def building, and how the championship team is starting to form.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Very nice to see 4 guys in the top 20(19). It certainly bodes well for our upcoming season. Mario W. is a good player, but still hasn't shown the consistency that Jared Allen has over the last 3 years. So I think their spots should be switched.

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

"digital420" wrote:
    i'm kinda suprised that Winfield didn't make that list..

he doesn't have the recognition i think he deserves. he's undersized, yet still hits like a truck, led the team in tackles a ew times. and really does figure into O cord's game plans as they tend to go away from him.. also kinda cause the other side is rookies.. but. now that they arn't. it would be interesting to see the results.

many gratz to those that made it, you can see the talent we are def building, and how the championship team is starting to form.

DiGiTaL
    Maybe because last season wasn't his best. How many games did he miss like 6?
    But i got to say he's great, hope he doesn't retire in a while
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Prisco: Kevin Williams is Best Player on Vikings’ Roster[/size]

By Anthony Hall
    mvn.com

June 28th, 2008

I told myself that I wouldn’t pay attention to anything Pete Prisco of CBS Sports wrote about the Vikings — not after he slotted them as the 24th-best team in the league in power rankings he published just one month ago. But I’ve gotta make an exception. Just this once. Because he recently ranked the top 50 players in the NFL, and you might be surprised about the positioning of some Vikings players on the list....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Open for debate[/size]

June 28th, 2008 – 11:07 AM

by Judd Zulgad
    startribune.com

Pete Prisco of CBSSports.com has come out with his top 50 list of NFL players and four Vikings made the cut. Although it might make sense to assume Adrian Peterson would be the top-rated player among the Vikings that is not the case.....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Thanks for all the reads my friends.

Not sure how much credance I put into these things.
    I guess I feel about the same as how everyone raves about how many probowlers we have.
    Funny, doesn't Dallas have like double what we put on the field?
    Were did that get them.

By the way, If Kevin is on that list then Phat Pat should be on there as well.

Ohhh wait, he comes out on 3rd and longs doesn't he.
    Gimme a break.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

I have read these lists, and sometimes I just have to laugh at how they come up with these.
    Top 50 players assumes all positions on the field are fairly equal, which I believe is not the case.

Where did the great receivers of the Patriots get them?
    Moss basically disappeared in the playoffs, yet they still advanced to the Super Bowl.
    Where is Eli at?
    He got hot at the end of the season, and look where they ended up.

And really, Mario Williams?????

I like Jared Allen, but really, to be great I want to see consistency....and performance in the clutch.
    Have not seen that from him yet.

Since I hopped all over the place, Top 50 (or whatever lists) are fun to read and debate over a beer, but that is about all the stock I put in them.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Nice to see the recognition but in reality the only thing that matters is where we end the season. Hopefully we win the final postseason game of the year

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"litlharsh" wrote:
    Oh come on guys Mario is the best DE in the league by far he deserves to be up there.
    He did dominate last year, I think he belongs. It is about who is the best right now, not who has had the best career or has made the most pro-bowls.
    And LT definetly goes before AD. LT ran for more yards, had more recieving yards, and more TD's. Right after the Chargers game when AD broke the rushing record I was thinking maybe AD was better, but for the rest of the season LT stepped it up while AD slumped. After this season maybe we will be able to say AD is the best but right now LT is the best.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"litlharsh" wrote:
    Oh come on guys Mario is the best DE in the league by far he deserves to be up there.
    How is he better than Allen? Mario had 14 sacks compared to 15.5.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast