singersp is offline PPO Newshound

With 4 TDs in 2 games, Vikings defense does work for inexperienced offense

[size=13pt]With 4 TDs in 2 games, Vikings defense does work for inexperienced offense[/size]

By JON KRAWCZYNSKI, AP Sports Writer
    August 20, 2007

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (AP) -- When Darren Sharper looks across the line of scrimmage during practice at the Minnesota Vikings offense, he sees what everyone else sees....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Re: With 4 TDs in 2 games, Vikings defense does work for inexperienced offense

I've said it all preseason long that the strenght of this team is it's Defense, and running game. Both these things will allow our passing game time to develope and become better. T-Jack doesn't have to carry this team, so all he has to do is not make mistakes, and take what the defense gives him. Our young group of recievers will distinguish themselves as the chemistry grows with their young QB.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Nice read my friend.
    Negative press is getting a bit more positive the last few days.

I really like the way this defense is playing under our new D-coord.
    I just might have to break out some crow bugers earlier than I expected (Week 4) for the haters who were saying they would suck after Tomlin left.

We have to keep in the back of our mind that this is a young team and remember the good (4 TD's in 2 games) when we see some of the bad (i.e. a young CB getting worked by an offense).
    This whole team will have its ups and downs lets hope there are more ups than downs.

By the By.......
    Did anyone watch WRECKS G last night.
    The boars D (plus two huge returns) kept them in that game, why is it such a far fetched idea that our D can keep us in a few?????????
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    ...By the By.......
    Did anyone watch WRECKS G last night...
    I would rather have the unknown with Tarvaris than the known with Wrecks.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

If you have been a vikings fan for long enough this is no new revelation. We had teams in the 80's and early 90's that looked darn near like a carbon copy of this team at this stage. Until Denny Green brought in Warren Moon and tweaked the offense to make it one of the best in the league we had many games where the defense won the game and scored many touchdowns.

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

The key is getting pressure on the QB.
    Forcing him to get rid of the ball when he is not ready.
    If we can do that consistently our defense will take some to the house.
    I don't know how many times they will get 3 TD's in one game, but we can always hope.