Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: 4 of our next 5 games are away.

"midgensa" wrote:
    I think we need to come out of these five game 3-2. Gets us to 8-6 with two winnable games left.
    The Falcons and Giants in the Dome to end the season will not be easy, but both are winnable games ... and I will take my chances at home. The Giants will have little to play for by then, but even if they did, we would have a shot in the dome.
    Bottom line is we come through these games 3-2 and get to 8-6 and I think we are at least a game up on Chicago with two to play.
    If we can get through these games 4-1 (losing only to Arizona, Tampa or Jacksonville) then we are in GREAT shape at 9-5 and may even be battling for a bye.
    we haven't beaten the giants in the dome since before 2000.
    ever since that 41-0 blowout they've had our number every year in the dome, we've only beaten them on the road.

El Vikingo is online now Ring of Fame

Tampa is hard ,they are not 6-3 for nothing ,they are undefeated at home,they are a top 10 rush and pass O/D in this league,this could be the hardest game we have to play yet ,I don´t wanna be a pessimist but I don´t see us taking a W from the sunny town.

If that´s not enough ,the Bucs have arguably the best/hottest cheerleaders of the entire NFL :P

My lazyness doesn´t allow me to explain the rest of our way to the end of the season but let me throw my 2 cents about the rest of our calendar.

At Tampa.L.
    At Jacks.L
    Vs Chicago.W(most importnat game of the season)
    At Det .W.
    At Zona(with marst on it
    ).L.
    Vs Atl W.
    Vs NY W.

Yes it is a 9-7,we could be possibly be in a tie breaker for the North Crown ,No wildcard spots available at 9-7 at all.

Brigth spot is we would have a better Conf record than Packs and Bears ,"thanks " to our 1-3 against the AFC
    and that could put us in the playoffs with a 4-2 mark on our Division.

There it went my 2 cents...
    El underdog.

"C" wrote:
    Now is when we go on a road win streak. Sorta like what we did last year, only with a better ending.
    Forgot to quote this.

Since everyone knows you are a Chiller hater,I like the optimism and hard-rooting you are making about the Vikes, some other Chiller-dislikers could just do the same ,there is only one thing that really matters and that´s the
    Vikings.

Much respect bud
    El underdog.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

We have a hard road as we've never been that strong a road team. 3-2 is optimistic, lets hope Gus and Adrian can protect the ball, and the defense gets some takeaways or we might stumble out with a 2-3 run which would certainly end our playoff hopes.

We just have to start fast each game and get the crowd out, protect the ball, play better special teams, and have the D come up big every game that's all..... We'll see how this team fights through this long road stretch. Can the Chill Meister get and keep these guys playing hard and executing the gameplan. Buck up Vikes, it's now or never.

"PurpleTide" wrote:

We have a hard road as we've never been that strong a road team. 3-2 is optimistic, lets hope Gus and Adrian can protect the ball, and the defense gets some takeaways or we might stumble out with a 2-3 run which would certainly end our playoff hopes.

We just have to start fast each game and get the crowd out, protect the ball, play better special teams, and have the D come up big every game that's all..... We'll see how this team fights through this long road stretch. Can the Chill Meister get and keep these guys playing hard and executing the gameplan. Buck up Vikes, it's now or never.
    Solid post .
    El underdog.

Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "midgensa" wrote:
    I think we need to come out of these five game 3-2. Gets us to 8-6 with two winnable games left.
    The Falcons and Giants in the Dome to end the season will not be easy, but both are winnable games ... and I will take my chances at home. The Giants will have little to play for by then, but even if they did, we would have a shot in the dome.
    Bottom line is we come through these games 3-2 and get to 8-6 and I think we are at least a game up on Chicago with two to play.
    If we can get through these games 4-1 (losing only to Arizona, Tampa or Jacksonville) then we are in GREAT shape at 9-5 and may even be battling for a bye.
    ever since that 41-0 blowout they've had our number every year in the dome, we've only beaten them on the road.
    The next year we pummeled them at the dome.
    I think Moss had three touchdowns if I remember correctly and we won by like 16.
    I don't think we've lost to them at all since then have we?

carta4eva is offline Asst. Coach Space Invaders Champion

"Randy" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "midgensa" wrote:
    The next year we pummeled them at the dome.
    I think Moss had three touchdowns if I remember correctly and we won by like 16.
    I don't think we've lost to them at all since then have we?
    True, it was a Monday Night Football affair
    A wise man once said," Defense Wins Championships!"

carta4eva is offline Asst. Coach Space Invaders Champion

"midgensa" wrote:
    I think 11-5 will get us the second bye spot (We'll have to beat the Cards, and own the tiebreaker on the Panthers should they finish in the same spot as us)
    A wise man once said," Defense Wins Championships!"

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

"packerbasher" wrote:
    These are all very winable,providing our QB dosn't throw any of these games away and we have the Williamson boys for them.Also the Giants game at home as they will probably sit their starters if they keep winning.
    Troy's back?!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    If Gus protects the ball we win all of these.
    If Mars doesn't go to the away games, we sweep 'em.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast