Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

4-0 by the break ? I think it can be done

Despite some negativity I have posted regarding our QB, I still think this team can be 4-0 by the break. If you look at our team, and who we have, and who we face the first four games, I see no real reason why this team can't be 4-0. If we can do that, it opens up our season for us, and we will have a lot of not only confidence, but also we will be looser and more willing to take chances. I think we do need to go at least 3-1 before the break, otherwise, we are in trouble.

One main reason I think we can do this is defense. From what I have seen, our defense will be VERY good this year. They tackle extremely well. Having defense like that keeps you in a lot of games. I think if Tarvaris can play "within himself", and Adrian Peterson steps up, and we don't lead the NFL again in offensive penalties, there is no reason we can't go at least 3-1.

Like I said, at that point, things get a lot better. We gain confidence, and get "loose". I think we can do it.

Atlanta, Lions, Packers, etc. It is doable. After the break we face some tough teams, so we will need to take momentum into the post-bye part of the season.

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

Re: 4-0 by the break ? I think it can be done

I have done what u are doing now.Trying to guess how many games we will win and wich ones.in 05 i had us going 12-4 by strength of schedule.Basically whenever i predict to far ahead it doesnt work out.Lets just all take it 1 game at a time.but 4-0 would be nice though

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

even if we start 4-0 we could be going 0-4 the next four weeks.hardest part o the schedule is weeks 5-8

chicago
    dallas
    phily
    chargers

of cousre i will pick the vikings everygames like i always have in my weekly pool, i hope they have a few upsets in them this year

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I think it is doable.
    I would tend to think we could go 3-1 at the best.
    I think KC on the road is going to be the tough one for us,

I would love to go 4-0, but the realist in me sees 3-1 more of a possibility.

Go Vikes!

(glad to see some optimism from you)

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

4-0 would be great, but 3-1, is more likely. As long as we get better every week. We can't have a late season collapse. To be a playoff team we must win all our home games. We get Detroit early and I don't think their offense will be firing on all cylinders, so we should take them.

But we just have to start with a win against the Falcons.

vikeswin2005 is offline Hall of Famer

even though I am going to the KC game week 3 i think that will be a tough game for us I think we will be able to contain LJ but Gonzo like every TE in the NFL will be a thorn in our side along with that SICK sea of red (the fans in KC)
    I think we will start 3-1 but at the miday point WE WILL BE 4-4

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

"StillPurple" wrote:
    Despite some negativity I have posted regarding our QB, I still think this team can be 4-0 by the break. If you look at our team, and who we have, and who we face the first four games, I see no real reason why this team can't be 4-0. If we can do that, it opens up our season for us, and we will have a lot of not only confidence, but also we will be looser and more willing to take chances. I think we do need to go at least 3-1 before the break, otherwise, we are in trouble.

One main reason I think we can do this is defense. From what I have seen, our defense will be VERY good this year. They tackle extremely well. Having defense like that keeps you in a lot of games. I think if Tarvaris can play "within himself", and Adrian Peterson steps up, and we don't lead the NFL again in offensive penalties, there is no reason we can't go at least 3-1.

Like I said, at that point, things get a lot better. We gain confidence, and get "loose". I think we can do it.

Atlanta, Lions, Packers, etc. It is doable. After the break we face some tough teams, so we will need to take momentum into the post-bye part of the season.
    Earlier this week you said we would probably finish 6-10.
    Now you have us starting 4-0.
    Which is very doable.
    I guess you must be expecting a repeat of last season.
    When we only won 2 of our last 10 games.
    I think and hope we will be more successful this year.
    If for some reason we doe start 4-0 and finish 6-10 you can say goodbye to Childress at the end of this year.
    Justifiably so, I might add.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

We almost have to be 3-1 or better coming out of the first quarter of the season. The next quarter is going to be very rough and a 2-2 start could easily put us at 3-5 or 2-6 at the midway point and that is going to be hard to overcome.

BleedPurple4Life is offline Waterboy

I love the optimism and 4-0 certainly isn't impossible.
    But I think 3-1 is much more likely because like some others have pointed out, winning in KC will be very tough.
    Let's hope for win #1 on Sunday against Atlanta!
    Skol Vikes!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    I think it is doable.
    I would tend to think we could go 3-1 at the best.
    I think KC on the road is going to be the tough one for us,

I would love to go 4-0, but the realist in me sees 3-1 more of a possibility.

Go Vikes!

(glad to see some optimism from you)
    None of the KC quarterbacks scare me and I would like to think that LJ won't be able to run against our defensive line... again... I would like to think.

I think we have a legitimate chance of starting off 4-0.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast