Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    johnnyb22 is offline Rookie

3rd wide reciever

VM71 I know what you are saying. The fact is that they both have different qualities and they will get similar amounts of snaps. What I am saying is that the #3 receiver is just a title and they will both get alot of playing time. You are right Burleson will be a possession receiver.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

3rd wide reciever

I really like Kelly Campbell so I would like it to be him, but the size thing is a factor there... he's a little small to be an every down WR... so in that fact I believe it will be Burleson

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

3rd wide reciever

Hope our third rounder this year is a "Bust" like Burleson. =).

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

3rd wide reciever

Blake Elloit WILL win the spot as the #3 reciever
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

3rd wide reciever

burleson has the potential, and campbell has the speed. I would use burleson to backup robinson and start campbell in the slot. Speed is more important at that position and hands are more important in the #2 spot.
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

billvike is offline Pro-Bowler

3rd wide reciever

how can you call burleson a bust? Last year was his rookie season!!
    We dont know what his potential is until his 2nd or 3rd yr!

I do belive that larry ned was a bust and will never play in the n.f.l! :bootyshake:
    Darold "PaPa" Gustafson 1927-2004, Carol Gustafson 1935-2005, U guys are back together in Heaven, We Miss u!!

owensforpres is offline Pro-Bowler

3rd wide reciever

kelly campbell, look at the catches he's made.. his speed and hands should win him the spot. Burleson is like a tight end. he can make the short yard catches
    699966daa73d890a9f6ec440ad82bccc

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

3rd wide reciever

I've never trusted Campbell's hands, particularly when he's running full speed - If it's not thrown on the numbers there's only a slight chance he'll catch it. On the other hand Burleson, while he may lack some speed, catches everything thrown at him - even the uncatchable ones.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

3rd wide reciever

We aren't like the other teams in the NFL, we don't have a #3 guy and a #4 guy. Both guys will be our #3 WR at times this year. One thing though, both Moss and Robinson are deep threat WR's, so maybe burleson will be our #3 more this year. Last year, when bates was our #2, we sometimes needed cambell to play #3 for his deep threat, but we won't need it as much with Robinson. This is the best group of 4 WR's he have had for a while now.

And for whoever said Burleson was a bust, you don't know what your talking about. He was a third round pick! Check last years stats, of guys picked in the 3rd round, and pretty much all of them would be a bust by your standards. The guy isn't gonna be a star WR in this league, which might be why he wasn't drafted until the 3rd round, but he will be a good WR in this league for some time. I am sorry, but no player is a bust after one season, especially when he was drafted in the 3rd round!

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

3rd wide reciever

"dan3ski" wrote:
    Sorry but Burleson is a bust. He has never played up to his potential
    What are you talking about? The guy was a rookie last year! It's almost impossible to call a guy a bust after one season! Have you looked at his yards per catch average? In no way is he a bust!

Burleson is the obvious #3 guy, but considering the Vikings will run 2 TEs a lot, Burleson and Campbell will split a bunch of time. I'm almost certain Howry will not even make the team this year. Look for UDFA Lane Danielson to take Howry's spot. Burleson is being groomed to be the #2 guy.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast