pepper 0n moss is offline Pro-Bowler

3 vikes on brandt's all <25 team [defense]

Kevin Williams made the team as an honorable mention behind the Panthers' Kris Jenkins and the Lions' Shaun Rogers.

Brian Williams made the team as a 3rd cornerback, behind the Seahawks' Marcus Trufant and the Broncos' Lenny Walls.

Eddie Johnson, our beloved [and soon to be cut] punter, made the team, also.

any comments?? ... i'll go first

first off, i do not see how K-Dogg is behind Shaun Rogers ... Kevin Williams had a sensational second half when he played his natural DT position and hauled in 10 1/2 sacks compared to Rogers' 4 ... He and Hovan should bolster a very good Minnesota line for years to come [pending if we resign Hovan]

secondly, though i may be a bit biased, i believe Brian Williams should be the second corner ahead of Lenny Walls ... Brian Williams had five picks compared to Lenny Walls' 1 and along with Corey Chavous, won that Lions game for us when our offense struggled to put up points ... not to mention when he took Terrell Owens to school in that niners game ... that was a work of art ... Some argue TO is better than moss, well, Brian Williams took TO to school while Lenny Walls, who supposedly is better than Brian, got burned by Moss in the Denver game

again, i may be a bit biased, but i'm glad analysts are starting to recognize the talented youth we have on our defensive squad ... though i'm kind of doubting the whole thing because all of this came from someone who put eddie johnson on the team :scratch:

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

I think Eddie johnson is only there because he is the only punter under 25, lol (not sure about that).
    I though K-wIll is more deserving based on the fact that he is a bigger playmaker. Brian Williams also looked alot better than Lenny walls, who mostly only got there because he is 6-4. although I only saw Lenny play in one game this year (getting burned by the mosstoss )

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Going into that Denver game that is all the media and everyone else talked about, how the corners of Denver would be able to shut down Moss because of their size!! Well, that didn't work now did it!! Walls is overrated because of his size, the reason he is six four and a DB is because he couldn't catch the ball as a WR, thus only having one pick last year (that is just speculation on my part, but nobody that tall wants to be a corner, unless they can't catch!)

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    I think Eddie johnson is only there because he is the only punter under 25, lol (not sure about that).
    I though K-wIll is more deserving based on the fact that he is a bigger playmaker. Brian Williams also looked alot better than Lenny walls, who mostly only got there because he is 6-4. although I only saw Lenny play in one game this year (getting burned by the mosstoss )

You guys are really getting down way too soon on our young kickers. eddie Johnson is actually a really good young punter, and looks great this offseason. He changed his mechanics some this offseason, and that changed has made a big difference. He is expected to make a run at the starting punter spot, but I do still expect bennett to be our starter. Hopefully we will keep johnson on the practice squad(since the practice squad is bigger this year), because bennett is pretty old and johnson is gonna be a pretty good punter in this league when he gets a little more experience. Everybody has been down on elling also, and i think he is a pretty good young kicker as well. he will have a chance to show this, this season, since he is gonna be our starter.

We need to give these guys a little more than one year, before we start judging them. Rookie kickers never seem to come into the league and do good in their first year.

I also agree that brian williams is much better than lenny walls. Lenny walls is just really tall, thats about all he's got. Wasn't terrance newman on the list??? He is better than troufant, walls and williams.

Big Daddy is offline Starter

I like it, any time the Vikings DEFENSE gets a little respect is nice. Hopefully this year they will take it to the next level!
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel it s warmth!

they are the next level
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:

You guys are really getting down way too soon on our young kickers. eddie Johnson is actually a really good young punter, and looks great this offseason. He changed his mechanics some this offseason, and that changed has made a big difference. He is expected to make a run at the starting punter spot, but I do still expect bennett to be our starter. Hopefully we will keep johnson on the practice squad(since the practice squad is bigger this year), because bennett is pretty old and johnson is gonna be a pretty good punter in this league when he gets a little more experience. Everybody has been down on elling also, and i think he is a pretty good young kicker as well. he will have a chance to show this, this season, since he is gonna be our starter.

We need to give these guys a little more than one year, before we start judging them. Rookie kickers never seem to come into the league and do good in their first year.

I also agree that brian williams is much better than lenny walls. Lenny walls is just really tall, thats about all he's got. Wasn't terrance newman on the list??? He is better than troufant, walls and williams.

OK, I justed noticed that terrance newman is 25 already. He was a pretty old rookie last year.