Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Re: 3 reasons why the Vikings will win at Lambeau Field on Monday night.

There could certainly be some bumps in the road for Tarvaris, The positive is he's been able to practice and throw, we practice at a high pace closer to game speed. I think the most important factor will be the Offensive Line Protecting him and Run Blocking for RB's. Berrian's toe is also a factor, we'll need him.

All in All I think this whole game comes down to wether we can protect our Skill Players, Not necasarily wether Tarvaris played some preseason snaps.

ChezPizmo is offline Coordinator

"vikingivan" wrote:
    Tarvaris Jackson will have a solid game.
    Not making any costly mistakes.

Brad Childress will prove that he is a capable coach.
    He will utilize A.D. out of the backfield to catch some screen passes, and short routes.
    He is going to get the ball into the hands of his playmakers.
    I don't see a game where A.D. has 112 yards at the half and only a couple of touches the rest of the game.

Our front 4 is going to dominate the line of scrimmage and force the Packer to make numerous mistakes.
    Aaron Rodgers will be wishing that Brett Favre was back under center.

Sure there are many other things that need to happen to ensure a Viking victory, but these 3 stand out.
    Add in the fact that Brooks Bollinger and Troy Williamson are both gone and it is a lock.
    I, too, agree with point 3. I think TJ will come out and show a bit of nervousness to start the game, but ultimately having a solid game behind Adrian Peterson and the run game; which also includes AP comin' out in beast form.
    It'd also make my day to see Sharper pick off an under pressure Aaron Rogers and take it back a good bit. Maybe tromp over Rogers on his way back. Yeah, that'd make my day.
    [size=11pt]"The only thing better than food & football is maybe Brett Favre."

[size=8pt]

-John Madden on Thanksgiving while on "Mike & Mike In The Morning"

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

My 3 reasons:

TJack will significantly out-perform A. Rodgers because Aaron is going to be running for his life with no running game and our front 4 always in his face.

Our team has the psychological advantage.
    The Packers are just going to be thinking about how they have to prove that they can be winners without Brett.
    The Vikings are going to be pissed off about last year and the BS tampering allegations.
    Oh, and the little thing about taking AD out last year isn't going to help the Packers' cause either.

Because Stone Cold said so!

Rock out with your cock out!!!

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

Our Offence is ready to find it's rythem.
    2. Our D is SOOO hungry to crush them..
    It just feels right

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

"vikingivan" wrote:
    Tarvaris Jackson will have a solid game.
    Not making any costly mistakes.

Brad Childress will prove that he is a capable coach.
    He will utilize A.D. out of the backfield to catch some screen passes, and short routes.
    He is going to get the ball into the hands of his playmakers.
    I don't see a game where A.D. has 112 yards at the half and only a couple of touches the rest of the game.

Our front 4 is going to dominate the line of scrimmage and force the Packer to make numerous mistakes.
    Aaron Rodgers will be wishing that Brett Favre was back under center.

Sure there are many other things that need to happen to ensure a Viking victory, but these 3 stand out.
    Add in the fact that Brooks Bollinger and Troy Williamson are both gone and it is a lock.
    Whoa buddy. Slow down.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

I'm hearing there is a 70% chance of rain for the game. That could have a huge impact on the gameplans for both teams. If this is the case, I think we're going to see a lot of those somewhat rare blitz packages that we put together last year. We could pretty much treat Aaron Rodgers like other teams treated Tarvaris last year. Stack 7 or 8 in the box and make him beat you with his arm. Once he proves he can do that we can go back to trying to get a pass rush from a 4 man front.

I think the key to this game is Ryan Grant. He's coming off a minor injury if I remember correctly. He ran all over us in Lambeau last year but without Brett there and with us potentially stacking the box, how effective will he really be? People seem to forget that Brett Favre really did a lot more than just throw the ball. His long ball threat essentially created a running game for a lot of packer teams in the past. Can Rodgers continue that? It remains to be seen.

Artis Hicks and Ryan Cook are our potential two biggest problems. The packers have had a great edge rush in the past and I don't see that changing this year with Kampman and KGB still around.

Tarvaris...well we all know about him. Total question mark in the passing game. Our offense could either be very mediocre or very good depending on his play this season. Unfortunately, the packers have a pretty good pair of corners in Harris and Woodson.

Other big questions:
    Will Allen live up to the hype?
    Will Peterson continue his success from last year?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Some real good discussion points in there.
    Let me throw a few of my own to ponder over.....

a.
    It won't come down to TJ or Rodgers, but rather the OL lines that protect them.
    As we saw yesterday with a couple of youngsters, if the OL gives them time they will peform.

With that said though, I think TJ will have a good game.
    Sure, as Singer points out, he hasn't had any live game action in over 2 weeks, however, he didn't have any live game action through the whole summer and looked rather respectable in his first two pre-season games.

The staff will move the pocket around a bit to help out our T's and they will also throw a TE/FB/H-back in to help as well.

Mix those things in with his anticipated improvement over the offseason and I just don't see any issues with TJ.

Rodgers, although he isn't as far along as TJ with respect to actual live action, learned to be the QB in the more traditional way.
    He should be able to read a defense and he shouldn't make many mistakes if his OL can protect him.

One thing going against him is that he isn't as mobile as TJ. He can still get around, however, it should be easier for our DL to track him down if thier makeshift line doesn't hold up.

b.
    RB production.
    Again, it all comes down to the OL.
    Both run a mixture of Zoneblocking (Running blocking) and Man-to-Man (Pass blocking).
    The OL that executes thier blocking schemes in support of the run game will have the back with the most yards.

I would, however, give the edge to AD here based on pure talent and the anticipation that he will be a better option in the passing game than he was last year.
    My guess is that Grant (because of his holdout/injury) might not be quite in step with his new QB in that area.

I look to see him struggle a bit because of the OL issues as well as his rust factor.

On a side note, I also believe that our Coaching Staff will also split the touches between AD and CT like they did last year in an effort to keep them both fresh and less dinged.
    I know alot of fans won't like to see that and will be beeeyyyyyatching about it, however, I still think it is gonna happen.

c.
    The weather.
    Someone pointed out that there is a good chance that we will see some rain during the game.
    I really believe that plays into the Vikes favor. Our version of the WCO is geared more around the short passing stuff (should be no impact) as well as a big OL that should do well mucking it up pushing the PUKER DL around.

Thier LB's will also be slowed in thier ability to make quick cuts/take the correct angle to get to our RB's as well as stay with our WR's.

Long story short, I still see a nice win for the Vikes. ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Something I haven't seen discussed much is both defenses. I think for the first half of the game this is going to be a very good defensive battle. I would not be surprised to see the score something like 3-3 at halftime. But I also think that the Viking defense will wear down the Packers offensive line in the second half and we will see some sacks by the Vikings. Also, our tandem running backs will ware down the Packers and rip some good runs to win the game going away. I don't believe the passing game will be a big factor for either team.
    Just the way I see it.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Some real good discussion points in there.
    Let me throw a few of my own to ponder over.....

a.
    It won't come down to TJ or Rodgers, but rather the OL lines that protect them.
    As we saw yesterday with a couple of youngsters, if the OL gives them time they will peform.

With that said though, I think TJ will have a good game.
    Sure, as Singer points out, he hasn't had any live game action in over 2 weeks, however, he didn't have any live game action through the whole summer and looked rather respectable in his first two pre-season games.

The staff will move the pocket around a bit to help out our T's and they will also throw a TE/FB/H-back in to help as well.

Mix those things in with his anticipated improvement over the offseason and I just don't see any issues with TJ.

Rodgers, although he isn't as far along as TJ with respect to actual live action, learned to be the QB in the more traditional way.
    He should be able to read a defense and he shouldn't make many mistakes if his OL can protect him.

One thing going against him is that he isn't as mobile as TJ. He can still get around, however, it should be easier for our DL to track him down if thier makeshift line doesn't hold up.
    This right here is the key to the game.. almost always is.. both units (GB and MN) have serious concerns along the offensive side of the ball. You can talk about all the other matchups as much as you want.. but this is the beginning and the end of deciding whom is going to win this game.. whichever teams Oline does what it needs to (MN running game [s]of[/s] or GB pass protection) will win this game.

Honestly, if either line has a good game, the offense will follow. MN can run the ball and we can pass it.. this be the ball game right here.. in the trenches.

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

1.Adrian
    2.Lewis
    3.Peterson.

In purple jesus we trust
    El underdog.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast