Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

3 Reasons Frazier Is a BIG Upgrade Over Childress

Reason 1: He can connect with his players
    Reason 2: He focuses on the now but knows how to plan for the tomorrow
    Reason 3: Frazier wants it
    3 Reasons Leslie Frazier Is a BIG Upgrade Over Brad Childress

I know I have hacked on him of late, but heres hoping this cat is right and Coach Frazier can bring us to the promised land.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: 3 Reasons Frazier Is a BIG Upgrade Over Childress

Reason 4: He lets his coordinators coordinate
    Reason 5: He's not an idiot
    Reason 6: He actually has experience running a unit, rather than being some HC's puppet

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1103153

I know I have hacked on him of late, but heres hoping this cat is right and Coach Frazier can bring us to the promised land.
    Los Angeles? hmy:

Quote Originally Posted by "2beersTommy" #1103155

Los Angeles? hmy:
    LOL, well played. Brought a smile to my face.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1103154
    Reason 6: He actually has experience running a unit, rather than being some HC's puppet
    LOL, you crack me up.

Do you actually think he isn't going to have a say in what his coordinators are going to do? EVERY HC has their hand in every aspect of the team one way or another. EVERY HC.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

OK, I'll give hi8m #1, but #2 and #3? Really?

We don't know how well he focuses on anything. Not really. He coached a handful of games, adhering pretty much to Chiller's previous schemes. We haven't seen Frazier's work...not yet. We'll know more about this one come December, when we've had a full season of "Frazier Time" to judge from.

And #3...he wants it? Like Chiller didn't? Please. I have accused Chiller of many things, but not wanting to win wasn't one of them.

So, in reality, Frazier is an upgrade in only ONE area...not three. At least so far. We have a ways to go before we start making any other improvement claims for an untested, unproven HC versus the guy who hired him in the first place.

Caine

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1103159
    LOL, you crack me up.

Do you actually think he isn't going to have a say in what his coordinators are going to do? EVERY HC has their hand in every aspect of the team one way or another. EVERY HC.
    I never said that, you seem to have missed the point I've made time and time again.

Fraizer will obviously have a say in what happens, that's the job of a HC, to coach the whole team.

Fraizer is a defensive coach, so he'll probably have more to say about the D than the O, but that won't stop him from adding his opinion.

Fraizer however has said he's going to be a pretty hands-off coach when it comes to meddling, as have the coordinators, he lets them do their thing. He just oversees it, adds some input, but doesn't micro-manage.

When it comes down to game time, on fourth down, Fraizer will be the one saying "go for it". The OC will be the one who chooses the play.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1103166
    LOL, you crack me up.

I never said that, you seem to have missed the point I've made time and time again.

Fraizer will obviously have a say in what happens, that's the job of a HC, to coach the whole team.

Fraizer is a defensive coach, so he'll probably have more to say about the D than the O, but that won't stop him from adding his opinion.

Fraizer however has said he's going to be a pretty hands-off coach when it comes to meddling, as have the coordinators, he lets them do their thing. He just oversees it, adds some input, but doesn't micro-manage.

When it comes down to game time, on fourth down, Fraizer will be the one saying "go for it". The OC will be the one who chooses the play.
    I never miss your point, especially on one that you've elaborated at length about.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1103173
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1103166
    LOL, you crack me up.

I never miss your point, especially on one that you've elaborated at length about.
    you just enjoy listening to me explain it time after time?

Jarlvik is offline Rookie

I also would add that he seems to have the player's respect. He comes from the Dungy school where there has always seemed to be an aura of class, calm, confidence, and MUTUAL respect. Chilly had none of that.
    The right attitude in the locker room can help in both good times (staying humble) and tough ones (staying unified).

I really thought I wanted Billick, but the more I see of Frazier, the more I like him.
    None

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast