singersp is online now PPO Newshound

3 Day Negotiating Period begins

New Three-Day Negotiating Period Set To Begin Thursday Night

Vikings Blog | New Three-Day Negotiating Period Set To Begin Thursday Night
    Last edited by singersp; 03-08-2013 at 07:18 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Previously, teams were prohibited from entering negotiations with soon-to-be UFAs until the beginning of the new League Year. Now, however, the NFL has instituted this three-day negotiating period, which allows teams to contact the certified agent(s) for players set to hit free agency.
    So in essence, all of our UFA that aren't resigned, which is all of them, are possibly getting offers from other teams interested in signing them, thereby driving the price to retain them up on the most sought after ones.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    So in essence, all of our UFA that aren't resigned, which is all of them, are possibly getting offers from other teams interested in signing them, thereby driving the price to retain them up on the most sought after ones.
    Yes, except I am not sure if it started last night or tonight.

This three-day negotiating period begins at Thursday, March 8 at 11:00 p.m. CT
    He either meant Thursday March 7 or Friday March 8.

I was scratching my head a bit at us not signing our FAs yet, until I realized that a lot of teams were in similar situations. Out of the approximately 450 UFAs out there, a grand total of 6 have been signed.
    NFL Free-Agent Tracker - ESPN

My guess is agents are waiting until this negotiation period to see what market value is.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Yes, except I am not sure if it started last night or tonight.

He either meant Thursday March 7 or Friday March 8.

I was scratching my head a bit at us not signing our FAs yet, until I realized that a lot of teams were in similar situations. Out of the approximately 450 UFAs out there, a grand total of 6 have been signed.
    NFL Free-Agent Tracker - ESPN

My guess is agents are waiting until this negotiation period to see what market value is.
    That had me confused at first too, but I assumed he could have meant it starts at 12:00AM Friday, March 8th Eastern time which would be 11:00PM Thursday night Central time.

But judging by the end date & it being 3 days long (Sat, Sun & Mon) it's more likely he meant Friday night & not Thursday night.
    Last edited by singersp; 03-08-2013 at 10:46 AM.