Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    whyaskwhy33 Guest

Re: 3-4 on the Horizon?

Hello, I have been reading for a long time, however, this is my first post.
    I have always wondered why the Vikings never tried our Chris Hovan as a linebacker; he was always small for the D-line. He has not had much interest in FA could he be back to help in a 3-4 ?

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"whyaskwhy33" wrote:
    I have always wondered why the Vikings never tried our Chris Hovan as a linebacker; he was always small for the D-line. He has not had much interest in FA could he be back to help in a 3-4 ?
    He left so pissed off, he burned some bridges I am sure as he was walking out the doors of the Vikings facilities after their last game. The reporters reported that he was letting obscenities fly from the door all the way to his car.

He won't be back unless we have different coach. He wouldn't do well as a LB. I don't think he has the lateral movement needed to play that position well at the level of the NFL.

Look for him to sign on or show up in the NYG training camp.

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

"whyaskwhy33" wrote:
    He is too slow. could you imagine Hovan covering B.Westbrook coming out of the backfield? Best position for Hovan is to be on the bench.

sitandbehitski is offline Asst. Coach

No 3-4 defense's, the Pat's run all sorts of allignments cause they have brilliant coaches who can confuse the heck out of the opposing teams. We got adequate (maybe) coaches, younger personnel who wouldn't be able to handle the schemes, and 5 new guys who don't even know the current scheme.

And Hovan is going to suck in any position you put him in.
    I may be an a$$, but at least I m a smart one

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

i dont think that we would excel in a 3-4 becuase of our personel also. and udeze wouldnt be a good 3-4 de. its pretty much a DT. that would kind of be a waste in a way of a de.

nareg is offline Rookie

We will be better off in 4-3 then 3-4 bcuz in 4-3 we have k-will, p-will, udeze, johnnstone, and cowart, harris, EJ or thomas, but in 3-4 k-will doesnt play as good at DE and he doesnt like playing that position so i think we will be better off with 4-3

nareg is offline Rookie

we also have the new guys so lets seee how we do with the new guys in 4-3

T-Bone is offline Rookie

I would love to run a 3-4 but don't you need a stud safety? I know our CBs will be great but a smart safety we ain't got.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

How many times has this topic come up? Every time we add a new guy - or the previous 3-4 topic moves to page 2 (where no one will ever see it again), this get's another run around the track.

Let's face it, we don't have the people for a 3-4. Everyone we have picked up so far is geared for a 4-3. Harris just came from a 3-4...WHERE HE STRUGGLED. Why, for the love of Mike, would we put him right back into one?

We don't have the up front people for it, we don't have the LB's for it...in short, we CAN'T go to a 3-4. Not as our primary D.

Sure, we could switch...but we'd simply undo everything we've done this off season by doing so. Last season we couldn't get QB pressure with 4 guys on the line...and now you want to try it with 3?!?!?!?

Bottom line, we aren't switching. Just because NE runs one doesn't mean we have to. With the people we've added, our 4-3 looks primed to tear some people up. Let's not screw with that.

Caine

3-4 makes no sense. Why make our D-stud in KWill play a 3-4 end, who's assignment is to simple eat blockers up. We also are deeper at DL than LB, so why would you put more LBs on the field? Also, Udeze doesn't quite have the size to be a 3-4 end.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast