Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

3-4 on the Horizon?

With all these current linebackers we have, it might not be the worst idea in the world to change to a 3-4. Look at the recent success of teams who have used it: Atlanta, New England, Pittsburgh.... We just might have the personnel to do it. P-Will as the big nose run-stuffer, K-Will at an end and Udeze at the other with Johnstone coming in on 3rd and longs. With Cowart, Henderson, Thomas, Harris, Rod Davis, Raonall Smith, maybe pick up Derrick Johnson in the draft, we could make a switch. Ted Cottrell does have previous experience in the 3-4 with the Jets. A speed rushing end in the draft wouldnt hurt as well, maybe Pollack at 18? This isn't based on a rumor (as far as I know), this is just my opinion.
    64f96731cc53e7cbceb0fe79f99228d0

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

3-4 on the Horizon?

I am all for the 3-4. Anything to make us better. New England runs a 1-10 sometimes. Seriously. They put one defensive line guy on the line and 10 guys play the pass. Usually one more guy blitzes and 9 play the pass. I wish minnesota would try that sometimes. It looks cool and keeps the offense really confused.

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

3-4 on the Horizon?

i say lets try anything, lol, obviously what we have been doin in past years hasnt been working.

GoVikings988 Guest

Re: 3-4 on the Horizon?

id rather get a derrick johnson and a de in the draft and stick with the 3-4. we actually dont have 4 good lbs. we really only have 2 in harris and cowart. if we took dj and erasmus james in the draft we would be set up perfectly for a 4-3. i doubt kevin williams would be as good at de as he is a dt. big sapp didnt have a great year at de with the raiders this year.

3-4 on the Horizon?

"coreychavous21" wrote:
    i say lets try anything, lol, obviously what we have been doin in past years hasnt been working.
    exactly :thumbright:
    "We are Lions!!" - Achilles (from the movie Troy )

Paulbedy59 is offline Coordinator

Cottrell has said he has no intention of going to a 3-4,but you never know.I,m not all that sure we have the personel to run it. :lol: :smile:
    If winning isn,t everything,why keep score?

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

3-4 on the Horizon?

"coreychavous21" wrote:
    We have not had the talent that we now currently have either.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Adding DJ may be what we need to make the switch to the 3-4. If he's there at #7 it'd be nice to pick him up. We'd have to go receiver at #18 though, and there's some decent receivers who may yet be there when we get to 18.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

New England, Pittsburgh, ohhhh, and Oakland play the 3-4 so its gotta be good. If you don't tackle in the 3-4 you have no more luck than not tackling in the 4-3. If you cover very poorly in the 3-4, its no better than covering very poorly in the 4-3. The scheme isn't what matters. I hope, and also bet, they stay 4-3.

Del Rio Guest

Pat Williams is not an every down player. We will not run a 3-4. And take K-Will out of his element.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast