Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 57
  1. #21
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    Re: 298 days until kickoff 2008

    well said the seasons to short to toss it away


    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

  2. #22
    DustinDupont's Avatar
    DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,607

    Re: 298 days until kickoff 2008

    wow that is a while away... at least we have a draft sometime in there

  3. #23
    vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: 298 days until kickoff 2008

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    I hope we hear, "Dixon to Rice... TOUCHDOWN!!!!" a lot next year.
    Why do you believe a rookie QB will do anything next year?
    The experiences of Vince Young (3 TDs, 8 INTs this season), Jay Cutler and Matt Leinart got you convinced that drafting a rookie and shoving him into the lineup is the way to go?

    For someone who's all about calling Childress a douche, that's pretty dumb.

    =Z=
    I have to agree with Z.
    We cannot go into the season with a rookie qb.
    We need to draft a qb for the future and sign a capable veteran that can win for us.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,111

    Re: 298 days until kickoff 2008

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    After much discussion and promise of a huge contract, Ziggy Wilf and his ownership group have successfully lured Ron Wolf out of retirement in an effort to stream line some of the organizations business and personnel processes.

    Wolfs first role as GM was to spend some of the CAP available on long time backup to Peyton Manning (Jim Sorgi) and lure DE FA' Mike Rucker and Justin Smith.
    Rucker has aged a bit but has if healthy should provide a much needed pass rush during limited work.
    Smith has never realized his potential since being drafted by the Bengals, however, because the price was right, he will get a chance to show his stuff.

    The signing of Sorgi is a coup as he has spent several years behind one of the greatest QB to play during this era.
    He brings a solid arm, ability to read defenses and Superbowl experience to a team that is chocked full of young talented players.

    Although the Vikings have been in a rebuilding mode that last couple of years, it would appear they are making the next step in thier move to unseat the GB Pakers and Detroit Lions in the Divisiion.
    You would be willing to go into the season with Jim Sorgi as our starting QB? A guy who hasnt started an NFL game and has rarely played...

    If I was the GM here is what I would do...


    FA

    Go out and get one of these 4 QB's

    1.)Derek Anderson,CLE
    2.)Donovan McNabb,PHI
    3.)Brady Quinn,CLE
    4.)JP Losman,BUF


    I think the one we have the best chance to get is McNabb because unless Philly comes back and somehow gets into the playoffs the Philly fans will want him run out of town. I think the two possible destinations for McNabb are Chicago and Minnesota. If we keep Childress im sure he will try to make a run at him if he becomes avalible.

    Derek Anderson is younger and has alot of upside but I think they want to much for him...a 1st and 3rd round pick. There is no way he is worth that much even though I think he has a chance to be a really good QB in this league.

    Quinn will only become avalible if Cleveland decides Anderson is there man and they resign him. I dont know what the asking price would be for Quinn probably a 1st or a 2nd rounder which I would gladly give a 2nd but I dont think I would give a 1st with all the other QB options that are out there.

    Losman could end up being a really good player. He showed alot of signs of improvement last season. He has a really good arm and mobility. He is still pretty young and raw but could end up being a decent QB in this league. He would probably come the cheapest so this may be the route we go.

    Revamp the right side of the o-line by signing....

    Ryan Lilja OG,IND
    Max Starks OT,PIT

    These guys are both key components of two of the best team's o-lines...Everytime I have seen Lija play I havent seen him give up a sack. Same goes for Starks who might be the biggest player in the NFL standing at 6'8 340.

    There is a very slim chance that we will be able to get either of these players because they will probably resign them but......It would be great if we could get them.


    Sign one of these WR's

    1.)Patrick Crayton,DAL
    2.)Bernard Berrian,CHI
    3.)Bryant Johnson,ARI

    Doesnt matter which one...They all have pretty much the same talent level all speedy #2 WR's that would be able to compliment Sidney Rice.

    Possible DB's we could sign
    Asante Samuel,NE
    Gibril Wilson,NYG

    Samuel is probably the best cover corner in the NFL and he will probably want a huge contract much like Nate Clements and I dont know if we have the money to do that.

    Wilson is my opinion is on of the most underated players in the NFL. He is a very balanced player he can cover will and he is a really good tackler. Sharper just hasnt been playing as well since we switched to the cover 2 scheme so this could be his possible replacement.


    Draft:


    1st rd possibilitys depending on what we do in free agency

    In order of what I would do.

    1)Kenny Phillips S Miami
    2.)Jake Long OT Michigan
    3.)Sam Baker OT USC
    4.)DeSean Jackson WR Cal


  5. #25
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is online now Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,570

    Re: 298 days until kickoff 2008

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Webby" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    I hope we hear, "Dixon to Rice... TOUCHDOWN!!!!" a lot next year.
    Why do you believe a rookie QB will do anything next year?
    The experiences of Vince Young (3 TDs, 8 INTs this season), Jay Cutler and Matt Leinart got you convinced that drafting a rookie and shoving him into the lineup is the way to go?

    For someone who's all about calling Childress a douche, that's pretty dumb.
    LOL!
    I have man-love for Zeus.
    Suddenly....I'm glad you're missing the game on Sunday.

    =Z=
    Brokeback Mountain II:Sweater Vest meets The Archbishop of the Church of the Purple Jesus

  6. #26
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: 298 days until kickoff 2008

    "C" wrote:
    He's better than anything we have now. Face the fact, T-Jack wouldn't start for USC even if he was still in college today. He wasn't good enough to start at any D-I school... and that's just one of the MANY reasons Chilly is a douche.
    Tony Romo wasn't good enough to start at a D-I school.
    Neither was Steve McNair.
    Or Jon Kitna.


    Not real sure if you watched any Oregon games this year, but Dixon plays with poise and confidence that I've never seen from TJ. He makes plays with both his arm and his legs. The guy is just a winner... and if you've ever watched him play, you'd know that... something T-Jack definitely is not, sorry to say. By the way, Chilly said TJ was better than McNabb (BAHAHAHAHA)...
    Find that quote - I dare you.

    Anyways, I digress. Dixon is about to win a National Championship at a D-I school (you know... that division T-Jack couldn't start in... at any school). Dixon could come in as a rookie and play better than anyone on our roster we have now... hands down. I'd like to hear your argument about that.
    Need I run down the list of Division-I "National Championship Winning" QBs who didn't do SHIT in the NFL?

    You have done NOTHING to dispute my point:
    calling for drafting a rookie and starting him is not the way to win in 2008, you know it, I know it, everyone knows it and babbling about D-I starts or national championships is irrelevant.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  7. #27
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: 298 days until kickoff 2008

    "DaVizzles" wrote:
    If I was the GM here is what I would do...

    FA

    Go out and get one of these 4 QB's

    1.)Derek Anderson,CLE
    2.)Donovan McNabb,PHI
    3.)Brady Quinn,CLE
    4.)JP Losman,BUF
    Anderson will cost a 1st and a 3rd.
    You're willing to pay that for a guy who's had minor success with Cleveland?

    McNabb is not a FA.

    Quinn is under contract through 2011.

    Losman is under contract through 2008.

    So, of your list of 4, only 1 of them is actually available in the 2008 off-season, and he will likely require major compensation to get.

    Stinky poo.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  8. #28
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: 298 days until kickoff 2008

    "DaVizzles" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    After much discussion and promise of a huge contract, Ziggy Wilf and his ownership group have successfully lured Ron Wolf out of retirement in an effort to stream line some of the organizations business and personnel processes.

    Wolfs first role as GM was to spend some of the CAP available on long time backup to Peyton Manning (Jim Sorgi) and lure DE FA' Mike Rucker and Justin Smith.
    Rucker has aged a bit but has if healthy should provide a much needed pass rush during limited work.
    Smith has never realized his potential since being drafted by the Bengals, however, because the price was right, he will get a chance to show his stuff.

    The signing of Sorgi is a coup as he has spent several years behind one of the greatest QB to play during this era.
    He brings a solid arm, ability to read defenses and Superbowl experience to a team that is chocked full of young talented players.

    Although the Vikings have been in a rebuilding mode that last couple of years, it would appear they are making the next step in thier move to unseat the GB Pakers and Detroit Lions in the Divisiion.
    You would be willing to go into the season with Jim Sorgi as our starting QB? A guy who hasnt started an NFL game and has rarely played...

    If I was the GM here is what I would do...


    FA

    Go out and get one of these 4 QB's

    1.)Derek Anderson,CLE
    2.)Donovan McNabb,PHI
    3.)Brady Quinn,CLE
    4.)JP Losman,BUF


    I think the one we have the best chance to get is McNabb because unless Philly comes back and somehow gets into the playoffs the Philly fans will want him run out of town. I think the two possible destinations for McNabb are Chicago and Minnesota. If we keep Childress im sure he will try to make a run at him if he becomes avalible.

    Derek Anderson is younger and has alot of upside but I think they want to much for him...a 1st and 3rd round pick. There is no way he is worth that much even though I think he has a chance to be a really good QB in this league.

    Quinn will only become avalible if Cleveland decides Anderson is there man and they resign him. I dont know what the asking price would be for Quinn probably a 1st or a 2nd rounder which I would gladly give a 2nd but I dont think I would give a 1st with all the other QB options that are out there.

    Losman could end up being a really good player. He showed alot of signs of improvement last season. He has a really good arm and mobility. He is still pretty young and raw but could end up being a decent QB in this league. He would probably come the cheapest so this may be the route we go.

    Revamp the right side of the o-line by signing....

    Ryan Lilja OG,IND
    Max Starks OT,PIT

    These guys are both key components of two of the best team's o-lines...Everytime I have seen Lija play I havent seen him give up a sack. Same goes for Starks who might be the biggest player in the NFL standing at 6'8 340.

    There is a very slim chance that we will be able to get either of these players because they will probably resign them but......It would be great if we could get them.


    Sign one of these WR's

    1.)Patrick Crayton,DAL
    2.)Bernard Berrian,CHI
    3.)Bryant Johnson,ARI

    Doesnt matter which one...They all have pretty much the same talent level all speedy #2 WR's that would be able to compliment Sidney Rice.

    Possible DB's we could sign
    Asante Samuel,NE
    Gibril Wilson,NYG

    Samuel is probably the best cover corner in the NFL and he will probably want a huge contract much like Nate Clements and I dont know if we have the money to do that.

    Wilson is my opinion is on of the most underated players in the NFL. He is a very balanced player he can cover will and he is a really good tackler. Sharper just hasnt been playing as well since we switched to the cover 2 scheme so this could be his possible replacement.


    Draft:


    1st rd possibilitys depending on what we do in free agency

    In order of what I would do.

    1)Kenny Phillips S Miami
    2.)Jake Long OT Michigan
    3.)Sam Baker OT USC
    4.)DeSean Jackson WR Cal

    Very nice my friend.
    Very nice indeed.

    I only threw Jim in there as a name for the post, like I did with the two DE's.


    He does intrigue me though based on the discussions here.....

    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/in...?topic=39480.0

    Basically it boils down to the fact that he is sitting on that bench for a reason. Tony isn't dumb, IMHO, and he wants to make sure that if Peyton goes down, someone can step in and do a fairly decent job of running that team.

    Watch the scheme.
    Slants, outs, deep balls, with a sound running game.
    My take is, based on the fact that Tony has confidence in him, that he is a pretty decent QB.
    Throw in the fact that he is pretty young, will be an Unrestricted Free Agent (no picks involved) this offseason a nice contract could draw him into the fold.

    Sure, I would love to have DA ahead of him but at what cost?
    Again, my assumption is that Bryzcheapski won't want to give up picks as well as cash to get him.

    McNabb is also an option, however, what happens if we sign him, he comes in and gets injured, TJ then comes in and struggles or gets injured.
    Back to square one (BB) again.

    Long story short, IMHO Sorgi is the best option out there but I sure the hell wouldn't be to upset if DA or McNabb showed up on the roster either.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #29
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 298 days until kickoff 2008

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "DaVizzles" wrote:
    If I was the GM here is what I would do...

    FA

    Go out and get one of these 4 QB's

    1.)Derek Anderson,CLE
    2.)Donovan McNabb,PHI
    3.)Brady Quinn,CLE
    4.)JP Losman,BUF
    Anderson will cost a 1st and a 3rd.
    You're willing to pay that for a guy who's had minor success with Cleveland?

    McNabb is not a FA.

    Quinn is under contract through 2011.

    Losman is under contract through 2008.

    So, of your list of 4, only 1 of them is actually available in the 2008 off-season, and he will likely require major compensation to get.

    Stinky poo.

    =Z=
    LMAO.

    Resisting... urge... to make... Madden comment...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  10. #30
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,279

    Re: 298 days until kickoff 2008

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "DaVizzles" wrote:
    If I was the GM here is what I would do...

    FA

    Go out and get one of these 4 QB's

    1.)Derek Anderson,CLE
    2.)Donovan McNabb,PHI
    3.)Brady Quinn,CLE
    4.)JP Losman,BUF
    Anderson will cost a 1st and a 3rd.
    You're willing to pay that for a guy who's had minor success with Cleveland?

    McNabb is not a FA.

    Quinn is under contract through 2011.

    Losman is under contract through 2008.

    So, of your list of 4, only 1 of them is actually available in the 2008 off-season, and he will likely require major compensation to get.

    Stinky poo.

    =Z=
    LMAO.

    Resisting... urge... to make... Madden comment...
    I would rather give up a first and third round pick for a guy that we know can play in the NFL(Anderson) than give up a first on someone that we hope will be able to play in a couple of years. Anderson is a proven winner and would instantly make the vikings playoff contenders in 2008.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-31-2008, 06:49 AM
  2. Kickoff: Buying into the hype
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-14-2007, 06:31 PM
  3. NFL kickoff
    By vikeswin2005 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-10-2006, 05:58 PM
  4. NFL KICKOFF THURSDAY NIGHT
    By hovan in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-09-2005, 02:23 AM
  5. Kickoff Weekend
    By prefernfl in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-04-2005, 11:01 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •