Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: #26

ec179299 is offline Rookie

Let me preface this by saying that Antoine Winfield is one of the best " all around" corners in the NFL.
    I believe that his absence in this game was felt more than any of the previous games during the win streak.

I assume that the pec strain that kept him out of this game was significant.
    At the same time, I wonder how a player who, privately wispered he wanted out in the offseason, would miss a game as important as this game was.
    He cried about the fact the organization was not doing enough to improve the team yet played half the season on a team that NEEDED him to be a playoff contender.

We are all frustrated at this point, but I believe that some of blame should be pointed at #26.
    McCauley being burned, which is expected when you are a rookie, is unexceptable this late in the season.
    His job as a starting NFL cornerback is to make plays when called upon, which did not happen.
    Everytime I saw Moss or Randle-El catch a pass, I thought of Winny on the sidelines.

To sum up, I hope this turns out the way we want it...with playoff football.
    I haven't posted in a long time, but have been lurking all the while, and wanted to chime in with my two cents.
    I think that at the start of training camp we
    ALL would take the position we are in right now.
    I think the future is bright and I hope for the best!

By the way does anyone think Chilly looks the BTK guy?
    I know that is a year late, but seriously?

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

Re: #26

Good post, i think we all know we miss one of the team leader and a standout guy like Winfield.
    Not only McCauley but also Griffin wasn't always good and i'm not sold on him what so ever that's why i'm for bringing in Asante Samuel fron NE, saw him play yesterday and i like him to play here.

McCauley and Griffin are young but in critical games like these they show what they are worth and it turns out not to be much, disappointing game
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"ec179299" wrote:
    We are all frustrated at this point, but I believe that some of blame should be pointed at #26.
    McCauley being burned, which is expected when you are a rookie, is unexceptable this late in the season.
    His job as a starting NFL cornerback is to make plays when called upon, which did not happen.
    Everytime I saw Moss or Randle-El catch a pass, I thought of Winny on the sidelines.
    That's fucking horseshit.
    Blaming a hurt player for not coming out of the training room when he's told not to play is ridiculous.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I don't say this very often but I will today.

Terrible post my friend.

First you ping on one of our best players for not playing when he was hurt and then you throw the (You must have forgot about Gordon) the 3 guys who have sucked it up and played pretty damn good for a 2nd year CB and 2 rooks through our winning streak.

Wonder what you would do to your dog if he fetched the ball 9 out of 10 times but failed to do it on the last time?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:

Wonder what you would do to your dog if he fetched the ball 9 out of 10 times but failed to do it on the last time?
    Bosintang (soup)

(1) Ingredients

100g of boiled dog meat, 500g of gravy, 20g of green onion, 10g of a leek,
    10g of perilla leaves, 100g of taro stalk soaked in water.

(2) Sauce

8g of salt, 2g of mashed garlic, 3g of perilla, 2g of red pepper, 2g of mashed
    ginger, a little amount of pepper.

(3) Cooking instruction

After boiling the meat with gravy and stalk of taro for some time, boil again
    after putting vegetables an d other ingredients into it. Before eating, sprinkle
    pepper on it and put into an earthen bowl. The stalk
    of taro is to be kept in cold
    water one or two days to get rid of its smell and taste.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Bosintang (soup)

(1) Ingredients

(2) Sauce

(3) Cooking instruction

after putting vegetables an d other ingredients into it. Before eating, sprinkle
    Thank you my friend.
    First laugh since about 45 seconds into the game last night.

Don't know what came over me in this thread.
    Looks like the Old Marrdro isn't to far below the surface.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Bosintang (soup)

(1) Ingredients

(2) Sauce

(3) Cooking instruction

On the reservation this called a McDonalds hamburger

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Bosintang (soup)

(1) Ingredients

(2) Sauce

(3) Cooking instruction

Hey, that sounds like the crap you gave me as a present during your visit here.
    Trying to tell me it was Venison.........my neighbors dog loved it.... ;D

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

purplepowered is offline Pro-Bowler

Anyone who would call out Antoine for being hurt is just bad. That is wrong. Winfield has played more games hurt than games healthy. That guy is a tackling god. If he could have played he would have. And Griffen and MCCauly have done well for 1st and 2nd year players. I am telling you its coaching. Maybe if we didnt fire our good WR last Christmas eve (Chilly) that might have helped), maybe been more active in free agency upon Wrs, anyway yeah A.W.#26 is great and would have been there. I am sure it was killin him watching it go down. He was sinking goin hey I want a ring ya know. So i agree You might now want to own a dog cause he might get kicked in the head if he doesnt bring the paper directly to u. Bad dog 2 inches further.

With Chilly in 08? 8-8
    Frasier as Coach 12-4 in 08 with same players

its all play calling people Fire chilly ....it is still Christmas Eve! He knows how to do it! Just Ask!
    I am THE #1 Sidney Rice #18 Fan ever! Don't Be surprised when this kid IS a superstar! He is humble, smart, tough, talented and has alot of character! Takes alot of pride in his work, team, fans and life. Watch out for this kid! I think he is awesome! Everytime he touches the ball its MAGIC!

ec179299 is offline Rookie

"Zeus" wrote:
    "ec179299" wrote:
    That's fricken poopy.
    Blaming a hurt player for not coming out of the training room when he's told not to play is ridiculous.

=Z=
    I'm blaming him for complaining and basically saying he was to good for the team this offseason, jacka$$.
    I guess you are part of the team's medical staff, since you know that it was a doctor's decision he did not play, who really knows, but I guess you do.
    If you make noise all offseason about not wanting to play for a losing team, then miss 1/3 of the season and a game where a win clinches a playoff berth, that is BS.
    Its a strained pectoral, not a broken leg.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast