Thread: #25 Shaw

purpleFavreEaters is offline Coordinator

#25 Shaw

We better fire that fricking Bum at the end of this season. Did anybody else notice the fact that guy has been involded in almost every negative play in our last 3 games! FIRE HIM AT THE END OF THE SEASON AND BENCH HIS ASS THE REST OF THIS SEASON.

#25 Shaw

Yeah, just another stop-gap measure at the DB position. Why do we seem to embrace these leagues rejects in our secondary (Shaw, Ross, Walker, etc...)? Are there no available corners before the season begins other than the ones everyone else doesn't want? Winfield seems to be the only reason we can defend anything. And also, whats up with all this Brian Williams man-love? He's an OK DB, sure, he makes a couple plays now and again but he's been burned more times than a box of matches. I'd take Chavous over him anyday.
    Even babies know the difference.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

#25 Shaw

One problem with that, if you watch Brian Williams you see that he has his head OUT of his ass. BW is football smart and doesnt make alot of mistakes but he gets burned when the defensive line doesnt get any pressure on the quarter back and his lazy legs (Full time specail teams and defense) have to cover speedy WR's like javon walker and donald driver. If you havn't notcied WHEN he does get beat hes right there to take the man down, very rarly does he blow assignments but he does lack the top end and make up speed to be a #1 CB in this league.

I believe he's better suited at saftey, good in zone coverage, he can keep up with TE's and RB's in the flats, hes a hard hitting good tackling DB. He catches the ball well also. I hope he's back next year AT saftey.

Chavous blows more assignments then DT did at the beginning of the year, and this guys supposed to be out defensive leader, you'll take him over Chavous any day LOL.

#25 Shaw

Look at the good recieving TE's we have faced this year, pollard, bubba franks, and shokey. All those guys have torched Chavous. It's obvious hes struglling, he does blow assingments.

I hope he snaps out of it real quick it sure would be nice.

#25 Shaw

Yes, I think both have struggled this year. The whole defense has. I just haven't really ever seen anything too great from Williams. Chavous has a proven trackrecord as a great player. He was a probowler not that long ago (last season?). I think he still has some good years left in him. Other than the D-line, the only other guy that has pretty much impressed me this season is Winfield. That guy is a total player.
    Even babies know the difference.

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

#25 Shaw

Winfield was worth every penny the Vikes paid.

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

#25 Shaw

"kramer9guy" wrote:
    Yes, I think both have struggled this year. The whole defense has. I just haven't really ever seen anything too great from Williams. Chavous has a proven trackrecord as a great player. He was a probowler not that long ago (last season?). I think he still has some good years left in him. Other than the D-line, the only other guy that has pretty much impressed me this season is Winfield. That guy is a total player.

Chavous was a pro bowler one year and that was last year, where he went because of a bunch of lucky int's. I have never been too high on chavous. He is a decent safety, but he shouldn't be our best safety. If he played next to a roy williams or ed reed type of safety, he would be much better. A play making safety also would make our CB's job much easier.

I think brian williams has taken a huge step backwards this year. Man this guy gets beat a lot! He never seems to care when he continues to give up big play after big play. I never see him get mad or show some emotion after screwing up.

Still he is a good football player and should stay. Russell needs to go and williams could be moved to safety, or we need a stud safety to play next to chavous. This would fix a lot in our secondary.

#25 Shaw

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "kramer9guy" wrote:

Chavous was a pro bowler one year and that was last year, where he went because of a bunch of lucky int's. I have never been too high on chavous. He is a decent safety, but he shouldn't be our best safety. If he played next to a roy williams or ed reed type of safety, he would be much better. A play making safety also would make our CB's job much easier.

I think brian williams has taken a huge step backwards this year. Man this guy gets beat a lot! He never seems to care when he continues to give up big play after big play. I never see him get mad or show some emotion after screwing up.
    Still he is a good football player and should stay. Russell needs to go and williams could be moved to safety, or we need a stud safety to play next to chavous. This would fix a lot in our secondary.
    This is why i like him, its kinda like favre when he throws a TD to another team, he doesnt let it bug him, then he goes out and leads a drive winning TD. He did show a little emotion against the the lions but he keeps his cool and doesnt let sh*t bother him. Even though he's not a super star he's well worth the 3rd CB spot if not moved to saftey.

It's very strange that most all last years DB's took a step backwards, I wonder if its the defensive scheme? All i know is Olearly but the defensive palyers in the best position to make plays and they did, i'm pretty sure thats what most coaches stress. I noticed this year there is alot more man coverage than cover two or zone like last year.