Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Vikings Fan At MSU is offline Training Camp

Draft?

Oneterrio is playing better then bennett and Moore has proven that he is a very good back up if they were to package Hovan and bennett in a deal i think we could get a first round pick i mean seriously how sweet would it be to draft Jimmy Willaims from Virgina Tech with Winfield across the field from him and then we can get another 1st round pick and get a Free Safety to replace Russell who Blows Balls
    Make Derrick Johnson the 7th pick in the 2005 NFL Draft

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

#23 on the field

"Eyesore" wrote:
    :rr:
    no wonder he/she has so many posts...

mvikes84 is offline Starter

#23 on the field

O. Smith averaged 4.0 yds per carry last week. How is that "tearing it up" ADubya 26?

#23 on the field

O. Smith averaged 4.0 yds per carry last week. How is that "tearing it up" ADubya 26?

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

#23 on the field

Well maybe if we actually ran the ball past the 2nd quarter, when the defense might actually be tired that average would improve. Still, 4 yards a carry with two offensive lineman and our best blocking TE injured aint that bad.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

vikefan4ever is offline Training Camp

#23 on the field

MM definately needs to play more this week. He has a knack for finding a hole and when he gets through that hole he has a knack for breaking tackles. But you cant really say that he shouldve been playin these last 4 or so weeks because he has had that high ankle sprain. Onterrio and MM SHOULD have the same amount of playin time but u no they won't cuz the coaches arent smart enough to play MM.
    trade bennett cuz he has no role on this team anymore, i dont know if i'm the only one that sees it but when he runs he seems to studder step a lot, that is a big weakness to him cuz he gets tackled usually for a loss or a very short gain.

#23 on the field

Smith's 4 yds per carry isn't any better than what Bennett has done but everyone seems to hate Bennett for some reason.

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

#23 on the field

Smith is great, and I think he shoudl be our starter, but lets be honest here, Bennett definitely doesn't suck. Has he even gotten 10 carries in a game since he came back? How can a runningback come back from and injury and make any kind of impact when we have 3 other starting quality backs and we don't run that much anyway. He was doing friggin' fantastic during teh off-season, a bad coaching move by Tice is what did him in. Lets not forget how dangerous he is. I mean he rarely got 20 carries a game in '02 but he put up 1,300 yards.

Personally, with JK out, I say we go with both bennett and smith in the back.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

#23 on the field

If it should be anyone it should be a rotation of MM and Onterrio there running style is similar so we wouldnt loose momentum, bennett is a different runner, they block different for him, it screws up the balance of the offense. I needs to ride the bench, or be put in on screen situations.

Or put bennett in practice as the # one runner let him practice with the first unit the whole week and let him take the bolk of carries, but dont throw him in every 3rd series. Tice is a players coach and bennetts a great guy, go figure.

If i was coaching Onterrio, MM and Moe would be rotating to some extent.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

#23 on the field

"VikemanX84" wrote:
    Smith is great, and I think he shoudl be our starter, but lets be honest here, Bennett definitely doesn't suck. Has he even gotten 10 carries in a game since he came back? How can a runningback come back from and injury and make any kind of impact when we have 3 other starting quality backs and we don't run that much anyway. He was doing friggin' fantastic during teh off-season, a bad coaching move by Tice is what did him in. Lets not forget how dangerous he is. I mean he rarely got 20 carries a game in '02 but he put up 1,300 yards.

Personally, with JK out, I say we go with both bennett and smith in the back.
    One or the other, bennett or onterrio, not both at the same time, there different runners, they demand different styles of blocking. I would like to see bennett get all the carries in a game then find out weather or not hes for our offense.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast