Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Yup, that is a pretty freaking tough start for a 5.5 win team...but, the schedule does ease up after starting harshly, and who knows what being an outdoor team is gong to do to or for us at this point!? And, as my roommate pointed out last night: last year teams were looking at their schedule seeing the Falcons and Texans as 12 win teams and instead, they barely managed 6 wins between them! Injuries will happen, and for some teams, they will pile up at certain positions basically eliminating them from contention.

5 of our last 8 games are at home, and if we can embrace the cold, stay mostly healthy and play some tough, blue collar, NFC Norse football, we can win all 5 of those.

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    Yup, that is a pretty freaking tough start for a 5.5 win team...but, the schedule does ease up after starting harshly, and who knows what being an outdoor team is gong to do to or for us at this point!? And, as my roommate pointed out last night: last year teams were looking at their schedule seeing the Falcons and Texans as 12 win teams and instead, they barely managed 6 wins between them! Injuries will happen, and for some teams, they will pile up at certain positions basically eliminating them from contention.

5 of our last 8 games are at home, and if we can embrace the cold, stay mostly healthy and play some tough, blue collar, NFC Norse football, we can win all 5 of those.

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!
    The Vikings problem IMO is the away games. We will probably lose our division road games that means three losses, then we are @ the Rams, Saints, Bills, Bucs, & Dolphins. I know we will win some of those games but we are evenly matched with all of them and the disadvantage is that we are on the road, a very hostile situation. I would say very optimistically we will win three games, losing to the Rams and the Saints. Realistically I think we drop another game between the Bills, Bucs, & Dolphins (maybe two).

I was even optimistic in our home games giving us wins against the Lions, Bears & Pukers. We could easily lose to any of them and there is a high probability we will lose to the Pukers, I just can't wrap my head around a sweep by that scum team. I also gave us a win vs. the Jets but they played very well at the end of last season. We are going to have a rough season if Zimmer doesn't coach this team up.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    The crowd noise advantage we normally get is reduced this season. We play outdoor and I think we should factor that in. No where as loud and crazy as the dome.

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    L - Vikings on the road at the Rams
    L- Patriots, need I say more
    L- Falcons were picked by many to go to the NFC championship game last year and they
    are healthy this year.
    L- Packers We hardly ever win at Lambeau
    W- We beat the Lions
    L - The Bills are a very young and talented team and we do not travel well.
    W- Tampa - We could easily lose this game as it is a road game.
    W- We beat the Deadskins
    L - We have trouble beating the Bores at home, on the road we are in big trouble
    W- I think we split with the Puckers this year.
    L- Panthers are very good defensively
    W- Jets are a very good team when the head coach coaches the D, lets hope he lets someone else do it
    L- The Lions, we are on the road and they are a good football team and I think we split with the division.
    W - We win at least two road games and the Dolphins are beatable at home.
    W- We split with the Bears and we have them at home.

The Vikings will be 7-9 in my estimation, with a plus or minus 1, That means I think they will be somewhere between 6-10 and 9-7. Who knows what will happen if Zimmer really can coach players though.
    I would agree with all this IF we had last year's team, with Frazier as head coach, and Cassel our full time QB for 16 games. But some of those factors have changed, and changed for the better in my opinion.

As such, I believe we will be either 1-4 or 2-3 after 5 games, not 0-5. Further, unless the Panthers do something spectacular, it won't matter how good their defense is, we can easily beat them with a kick off return or a long ball to Patterson. And that doesn't take AD into account at ALL.

I could see us go 10-6 IF Zimmer and company put a decent defense on the field.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer
    5-11 picking with my brain. Beat Lions, Redskins, Bills, Jets, Dolphins.

10-6 with my heart.

I hope the ladder comes true.

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    I think 10-6 is VERY doable talent wise; but that completely depends on the vikings buying into the system and playing up to their potential.

Look at the Patriots; that is a coach N QB team, without both it is a sub-500 organization. They have just lost too many of their studs (this is, or course, MY opinion). But Brady is a "find a way to win" QB, and Bill Belichick has shown absolutely that he deserves HoF consideration.

If Zimmer is as good a coach as we all hope, we SHOULD do well. If the stars on our team get caught up in the movement, we make it to the playoffs.

But if we have another year like last year, and everyone starts worrying about themselves first, we WILL implode due to the horrible starting schedule. I'm an optimist, so I EXPECT good things!!
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12