Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    The QB had no time in the pocket. I think we should draft a RT.
    Just give the QB a Valium !

313zoe is offline Starter
    Blog Entries

2014 NFL draft at spot 8 tha vikings draft

I would draft Johnny Football bring a lil read option to the team and life at that position, you only have the best RB in the league, i think the right coaches Johnny Football will do good in the NFL

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    The QB had no time in the pocket. I think we should draft a RT.
    The problem I have with that is IMO Phil Loadholt actually played better then Kalil who really hit a sophomore slump this season.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

drakkar is offline Rookie
    Could look at Murray or Mettenberger in the 3rd round if they are there..Both could've been 1st rounders before they got injured..

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    To ALL of you who wanted us to win those last few games that meant nothing..... GREAT!!! We win all those meaningless games, have the 5th pick to show for it and have 5 teams that need QB's picking ahead of us... We still won't get our QB we need.... THanks!!!

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    I'm not sure any qbs left at our 8 pick are worth an 8 pick. Might go defense and try for a qb later or FA, although I don't know who. Maybe trade down and get a qb later and something else. Just don't see a qb at 8 for us.

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    If Cleveland wants Cassel so bad, trade him and our 8th pick to them for their 4th..just a thought

VikingsFan1234 is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by 2beersTommy View Post
    If Cleveland wants Cassel so bad, trade him and our 8th pick to them for their 4th..just a thought
    The Browns are not that stupid...well actually they are since they traded up 1 spot with us to draft Trent Richardson...

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Yeah, it's not looking like we will get a "franchise" QB in this draft because a few teams ahead of us need a QB as well. I was hoping some how that Manziel would be there for us, I just like his style of play and how he keeps his players heads in the game. I just don't see him being there at #8.. Looks like unless something changes, we will be stuck with another season of mediocre QB play..

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 2beersTommy View Post
    I think Cassel is free to go where he wants. The second year of his contract is an option that either side can turn down.

Vikings, Matt Cassel both have options with two-year, $7.4M deal | 1500 ESPN Twin Cities ? Minnesota Sports News & Opinion (Twins, Vikings, Wolves, Wild, Gophers) | Sportswire: Minnesota Vikings

Both sides have a built-in decision in the second year of the deal, which includes a $500,000 roster bonus due on the seventh day of the league year, a $3.15 million base salary and the same workout bonus and incentives as the first year of the deal.

If Cassel believes he can land more money elsewhere, he can void the second year of the deal with written notice up to five days after the Super Bowl and hit the market again. And if the Vikings decide they're paying too much for a backup quarterback, they can cut Cassel before the roster bonus is due without owing another dime or taking a cap hit.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast