Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    313zoe is offline Starter
    Blog Entries

2014 NFL draft at spot 8 tha vikings draft

I would draft defense wit top pick or Johnny Football

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Who knew there could be seven worse teams than the Vikings?

Will Johnny Football still be available at #8?

Bridgewater will be gone by then. I just hope we don't reach at the QB position again (:cough: Ponder :cough: ) if the top QB picks are already gone by then.

I think Cassell is a good backup, but don't want him as our #1 guy going into next season.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

drakkar is offline Rookie

2014 NFL draft at spot 8 tha vikings draft

Dennard would look nice in purple!!!

vikesrgreat2 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoVikesTX View Post
    Will Johnny Football still be available at #8?

Bridgewater will be gone by then. I just hope we don't reach at the QB position again (:cough: Ponder :cough: ) if the top QB picks are already gone by then.

I think Cassell is a good backup, but don't want him as our #1 guy going into next season.
    I'm not sure Johnny Manziel would be worth the #8 pick. As athletic as he is, I'm just not sure how his game translates to the NFL. I'd rather go LB or DT with this #8, then trade up from their second-round pick to the bottom of the first round to draft a quarterback.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    2014 Draft order:
    No. Team W-L SOS
    1. Houston Texans - Need QB
    2. St. Louis Rams** -Looks like Bradford gets another year?
    3. Jacksonville Jaguars - Need QB
    4. Cleveland Browns - Need QB
    5. Oakland Raiders - Need QB, unless they really think McGloin is the guy.
    6. Atlanta Falcons -Solid at QB
    7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Is Glennon the guy?
    8. Minnesota Vikings - Need QB

Lot of competition for QB's ahead of MN. Houston, JAX and Cleveland should all have them at the top of their list.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    I'm thinking they have to go DB in the 1st rd, and will take a QB in rd 2 to develop behind a veteran QB they either trade for or sign in free agency. I am not particularly high on Cutler, but he would be better than anything we have had since Favre in 2009, and Culpepper before him. Cutler at least has a very strong arm and can take the downfield shots, but the picks will come along with that.

Unless the Vikes can get Bridgewater or Manziel, I don't think they will have a legit shot at a real QB in this draft.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    I'm thinking they have to go DB in the 1st rd, and will take a QB in rd 2 to develop behind a veteran QB they either trade for or sign in free agency. I am not particularly high on Cutler, but he would be better than anything we have had since Favre in 2009, and Culpepper before him. Cutler at least has a very strong arm and can take the downfield shots, but the picks will come along with that.

Unless the Vikes can get Bridgewater or Manziel, I don't think they will have a legit shot at a real QB in this draft.
    I would be surprised if Chicago didn't sign Cutler to another contract. If he wants insane money than I could see him leaving, but I hope it's not to us if that is the case.

Manziel could be available at #8, Bridgewater highly doubtful. I would have a hard time selecting Johnny that high as he is too much of a wildcard. He could very well be star, but he could also be broken after two seasons (both physically and mentally).

I would put Bortles and Carr ahead of Manziel. On DB, #8 is pretty high for what this class seems to offer. Trading down is an option though and getting an extra pick.

Right now, it looks like there are 4 QB prospects (if they all declare) that will be 1st round targets:

Bridgewater, Manziel, Bortles, Carr

It's also quite possible that all of them will be gone by #8. (Houston, Jacksonville, Cleveland, Oakland).

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    I would be surprised if Chicago didn't sign Cutler to another contract. If he wants insane money than I could see him leaving, but I hope it's not to us if that is the case.

Manziel could be available at #8, Bridgewater highly doubtful. I would have a hard time selecting Johnny that high as he is too much of a wildcard. He could very well be star, but he could also be broken after two seasons (both physically and mentally).

I would put Bortles and Carr ahead of Manziel. On DB, #8 is pretty high for what this class seems to offer. Trading down is an option though and getting an extra pick.

Right now, it looks like there are 4 QB prospects (if they all declare) that will be 1st round targets:

Bridgewater, Manziel, Bortles, Carr

It's also quite possible that all of them will be gone by #8. (Houston, Jacksonville, Cleveland, Oakland).
    Agree with all of this post. I don't know who we will pick early, but I would like to see us use a later pick on Garropollo
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    The QB had no time in the pocket. I think we should draft a RT.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast