Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2014 Draft

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Yup.

He was never referred to as Aaron Football was he?
    Well Manziel is being referred to as Leaf 2.0 by some after being sent home from the Manning Passing Academy, Johnny thought it was the Passing-out Academy??? and apologized to his Texas coaches Report: Johnny Manziel apologizes to Texas A&M coaches | ProFootballTalk

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

2014 Draft

Looks like he is setting himself up to be the next franchise QB for the Jets

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    We've got a shit load of FAs coming up, how about some other potential round one needs for next year?

DE, we most likely can't afford to keep Allen, Robison and Griffen. Even if we keep 2 of the 3, we may still take a long look at adding some pass rush depth to our rotation.

CB, if Cook misses another chunk of games, he very likely won't resign with us. And we may still be looking for Winny's replacement at nickel too.

DT, sure we drafted Floyd, but he looks more like K-Wills replacement and we'd still be short one large NT to attract some double teams and open up lanes for whoever our ends are.

LB, lots of questions remain in the middle line of our defense.

S? Looks like the entire defense could use some early talent infusion...we got one spot locked with Smith, but 3 maybes rotating around the other.

OG, if Fusco falters and/or Charlie Johnson doesn't resign, we might need 2 new starters there, and our pair of Baca and Bond might not quite be ready to start, and we really don't want any questions on OL with the one we have at QB (and likely will still have whether Ponder improves or is replaced!)

WR? Might still be a need if injuries persist for Jennings and Patterson's development is slower than expected. IF a no.1 guy fell to our pick, I'd say its a chance we call him BPA.

Just some other thoughts...ya know, QB isn't the only position you need talent at!?
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Aw heck, we beat this years draft to death already and don't have much to talk about until they put the pads on but it seems the biggest ? we have right now is at the QB spot. I have been on the side that the nucleus of the team is strong and that as long as the QB develops we are going to do well.Me? I want him to become our Franchise QB. I want him to be the guy we can watch under center for the next decade BUT if that doesn't happen then lets delve into the prospects.

This is the first 2014 Mock draft I came across and interestingly it has us picking 18th,which I think is too high for where we will finish barring a trade, but the guy does have us picking Johnny Football so he must know what he is talking about lol.

2014 NFL Mock*Draft | Audibles - SI.com

If we are talking next year's draft, here is what I would do, I would trade JA for a first
    round draft pick and bundle a couple of picks for Clowney. He is going to be a beast and tear up the league.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    If we are talking next year's draft, here is what I would do, I would trade JA for a first
    round draft pick and bundle a couple of picks for Clowney. He is going to be a beast and tear up the league.
    No way that happens. Allen is in the final year of a very expensive contract. No team is going to trade away a 1st rounder for a 30+ year old DE coming off injury (albeit otherwise a HOF type player) and take on that $14+M contract for a single year of service. At the end of the year, Allen is a free agent.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepat View Post
    No way that happens. Allen is in the final year of a very expensive contract. No team is going to trade away a 1st rounder for a 30+ year old DE coming off injury (albeit otherwise a HOF type player) and take on that $14+M contract for a single year of service. At the end of the year, Allen is a free agent.

wishful thinking on my part, we are not going to get anything for JA and that makes me mad. We do need to try to package something so we can get clowney, he is the next LT, I know he isn't a lber but he will be that type of disruptive force that LT was IMO.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepat View Post
    Yet there was a time when someone might think there was no way a team would send like 7 players and draft picks to another team for a RB that doesn't fit their offense and guess what? It happened.

If there is a team who feels they could win it all with the addition of JA or if they think it is cheaper to trade for him than wait for FA and get in a bidding war darn right they would make the trade.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12