Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Draft

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

2014 Draft

Aw heck, we beat this years draft to death already and don't have much to talk about until they put the pads on but it seems the biggest ? we have right now is at the QB spot. I have been on the side that the nucleus of the team is strong and that as long as the QB develops we are going to do well.Me? I want him to become our Franchise QB. I want him to be the guy we can watch under center for the next decade BUT if that doesn't happen then lets delve into the prospects.

This is the first 2014 Mock draft I came across and interestingly it has us picking 18th,which I think is too high for where we will finish barring a trade, but the guy does have us picking Johnny Football so he must know what he is talking about lol.

2014 NFL Mock*Draft | Audibles - SI.com

18. Minnesota Vikings ó Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M: Manzielís a tough one to peg. He doesnít have great size or an elite arm, and his live-it-up lifestyle might scare some teams away. And yet, if he dominates the SEC for a second straight year, it would be tough to drop him very far. And Minnesota, barring a Christian Ponder breakthrough, could be ready for another change at QB.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Many quarterbacks will shine or dull during the college season. Doing a mock now is almost laughable, but why not?

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    He doesnít have great size or an elite arm, and his live-it-up lifestyle might scare some teams away.
    Wow sounds like Viking QB material to me. LOL

WWBGD

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Johnny Football will be gone before the 18th pick.

We picked Ponder at 12. Just saying....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Blog Entries

2014 Draft

Aaron Rodgers was still on the board at that pick wasn't he?

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    This is funny because I actually thought about this scenario some days ago. Like the article said, Manzielís a tough one to peg. Either he will continue to amaze and win games or teams will figure him out and he wont even be drafted on day 1. He might totally fail and even fall out of day 2.

I think there's a good chance that teams will undervalue Manziel and I will not be surprised if the Vikings will get a chance at drafting him, even if we pick late. He's young and his arm strength might very well improve. I would love to draft him next year.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Aaron Rodgers was still on the board at that pick wasn't he?
    Yup.

He was never referred to as Aaron Football was he?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Yup.

He was never referred to as Aaron Football was he?
    How does that change what I said, what you replied to or my rebuttal? AFAIK AR was known as the Liberace of the gridiron.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Johnny Manziel doesn't look like elite NFL quarterback prospect - NFL.com

Johnny Manziel, better known as "Johnny Football," might be the best player in college football, but that doesn't make him an elite NFL prospect. In fact, I believe the Heisman Trophy winner currently projects more like a marginal pro, based on his unimpressive physical dimensions and unrefined game as a pocket passer.

Now, I know that the legions of Johnny Manziel fans will take exception to my assessment, but my opinion is based on the fact that elite NFL quarterback prospects possess three or four blue-chip traits (from a list that includes size, athleticism, arm talent, leadership skills, clutch factor, intelligence and pocket-passing skills) that validate their status as potential franchise players. I've studied the Texas A&M star's 2012 game tape, and I simply don't believe that he has enough of those qualities at this time to merit serious consideration as an elite quarterback prospect.
    Another take on Manziel as a pro. It will be interesting to see how he projects after this college season.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    He doesnít have great size or an elite arm, and his live-it-up lifestyle might scare some teams away.
    Wow sounds like Viking QB material to me. LOL
    It sounds like College Football Hall of Fame quarterback Tommy Kramer.

Tommy did have a pretty good arm though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast