Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Cap Room

snowinapril is online now Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by johnkdbr View Post
    Guys, Floyd is gonna be a stud! & Rhodes has really showed me that he could become a All-Pro Corner. .................................................. ......... I think we might be going to a 3-4 next year so draft are needs could be a little bit different.
    I am not an expert, but would Floyd work as a DT in the 3-4.

Seems like 3-4 DTs are the size of Jerry Ball. Guys that plant themselves and hold the line.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Floyd and KWill would both be ends in a 3-4. Guys that play NT in the 3-4 are usually around 350 lbs and athletes that size are rare. I don't think the 3-4 is a good idea for us, because we're missing too many pieces. Our LBs just aren't that good that we want a 4th one out there...I mean sure, Robison and EG would probably play OLB in that system and still rush the passer most downs, but it would still be a learning curve for all involved and some players might just not fit. Whereas if we can resign EG and pencil Floyd in as the under tackle, we've got 3 out of our 4 DL starters looking pretty good.

I think we need to spend some of that FA money on positions that are harder for rookies to make an immediate difference at, spots where experience is beneficial. MLB, ie. the QB of the Defense, might be one to look at, nickel back might be a good FA signing, and if we can find one, an upgrade (or two) at OG.

Then in the draft, it is starting to look like QB will be picked over by our first pick, so maybe hope for one of the big bad ass DTs in the first, snag McCarron or Boyd or whichever QB falls to the 2nd for us, go CB and DE in the 3rd, and maybe Mettzenberger in the 4th if he falls that far.

That would add up to upgrades in the middle of the DL, mid-field pass defense (MLB and nickel,) outside CB, OL, and 2 QB projects to groom behind Cassell until one or the other steps forward to take that job from him.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

313zoe is offline Starter
    Blog Entries

2014 Cap Room

We should look at hiring Lovie Smith and let him bring that defense here we need it rank dead last and a lot of bears key players are free agents and we all know Minn love to sign division players, and let Lovie pick a OC and DC and draft a QB to battle Cassel in train camp problem solve. So we hire Lovie then let him bring in some bears player draft some players and we win the North and fall short in the playoffs but we made it...lol

PInfante97 is offline Rookie
    no no no no no lovie smith

Minniman is online now Hall of Famer
    I thought Lovie Smith ran a zone heavy, but ball hawking, base defense.

The name of the game for defenses is pressure and containment. I mean Billy Joel and the Cold War on every down.

Minniman is online now Hall of Famer
    The reports indicate that Lovie Smith will land in Tampa Bay.

Two vacancies filled. That is good news for the Vikings, as prospects have fewer alternatives.

VikingsFan1234 is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    The reports indicate that Lovie Smith will land in Tampa Bay.

Two vacancies filled. That is good news for the Vikings, as prospects have fewer alternatives.
    Not very suprising that Lovie is hired by the Buccaneers but I am surprised how quickly the Buccaneers hired him
    Last edited by VikingsFan1234; 01-02-2014 at 12:08 AM.

313zoe is offline Starter
    Blog Entries

2014 Cap Room

We should sign Vontae Davis and draft a CB in the first round and another round

rockymtdan is offline Rookie
    This almost seem off topic after reading most of the post but we now have our answer.

NFL salary cap makes nearly $10M jump to $133 million

Sure everybody will ask for more money but we are in pretty good shape.
    Go ahead back up your to close away.

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast