Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    My god....you guys make packer fans look intelligent.
    He said he is not in restructuring his contract.
    That means he is not interested in a reduction in pay.
    Restructuring does not mean extension.
    There is a difference between a contract extension and a contract that is restructured.

Winny was restructured but not extended.
    Extensions typically come with signing bonuses, more guaranteed money and pats on the back.
    Restructures usually come with pink slips and ultimatums.

Holy reading comprehensions Batman...can we stop spinning shit out of control.

"You use the word restructure and that to me makes it feel like they'd want me to take a pay cut. And if anybody asked me to take a pay cut, I'd be through the first door out of there. So no. We haven't talked one iota. It is what it is. And we're going to go about our business and play good ball and try to win a Super Bowl. And like I said the business stuff? We take care of that in the offseason. I have people to do that. That's why I don't get into it. You're not going to hear it from me. I won't complain. I go about my business."

Report: Jared Allen Not Interested In Pay Cut - Daily Norseman

Minnesota Vikings restructure Kevin Williams' contract - TwinCities.com
    Minnesota Vikings restructure Kevin Williams' contract

2013 NFL free agency -- Minnesota Vikings release Antoine Winfield, agree with Jerome Simpson - ESPN

The Vikings wanted Winfield, who was due to make $7.25 million in 2013, to restructure his contract, sources told ESPNTwinCities. But the three-time Pro Bowler refused to take a pay cut, according to the report.

What do I expect....the lemmings all march together. 1 person says something and everyone follows it as gospel. No one wants to think outside the box and realize that while we have a lot of talent on this roster, we have let a lot of talent walk, aging and not. We have created just as many holes as we have plugged. I like it to a man filling a bad with sand that has a hole in it. We keep pouring, it keeps coming out.
    Last edited by kevoncox; 05-25-2013 at 01:02 PM.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple_Jesus View Post
    Good catch. We seemed to be gashed by mobile QBs last year, I think that may have been a different game. We won by 11 though IIRC. I think it would have been closer but I think we still would have won that game.
    I truly think that was one of those games that wasn't as close as the score made it appear. We were in control the whole time. I was at that game, and I was in "please don't screw this up" mode. but they hung in there, despite Gerhart's best efforts otherwise.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    No one wants to think outside the box and realize that while we have a lot of talent on this roster, we have let a lot of talent walk, aging and not. We have created just as many holes as we have plugged. I like it to a man filling a bad with sand that has a hole in it. We keep pouring, it keeps coming out.
    True, but the key part is that we are replacing old players with young players. We went from being one of the youngest teams for only a couple of years ago to perhaps the youngest team in the league right now (I wouldn't be surprised if anyone were to look that up). Furthermore, the team managed to make the switch and still make the playoff last year. And this year we're even younger.

What are you really mad about... Letting an expensive 35 year old corner leave? Letting a mediocre middle linebacker leave? Letting a mediocre punter leave?

Taking chances on replacements are a part of the game. I, for one, think the replacements far outweighs the losses. It's easy to sit behind our laptops and say sign this and that, but the salary cap is putting a huge strain on a team. Maybe the league should consider putting a salary cap on players instead of rosters.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    He said he is not in restructuring his contract.
    That means he is not interested in a reduction in pay.
    Restructuring does not mean extension.
    There is a difference between a contract extension and a contract that is restructured.

Winny was restructured but not extended.
    Extensions typically come with signing bonuses, more guaranteed money and pats on the back.
    Restructures usually come with pink slips and ultimatums.

"You use the word restructure and that to me makes it feel like they'd want me to take a pay cut. And if anybody asked me to take a pay cut, I'd be through the first door out of there. So no. We haven't talked one iota. It is what it is. And we're going to go about our business and play good ball and try to win a Super Bowl. And like I said the business stuff? We take care of that in the offseason. I have people to do that. That's why I don't get into it. You're not going to hear it from me. I won't complain. I go about my business."

Report: Jared Allen Not Interested In Pay Cut - Daily Norseman

Minnesota Vikings restructure Kevin Williams' contract - TwinCities.com
    Minnesota Vikings restructure Kevin Williams' contract

2013 NFL free agency -- Minnesota Vikings release Antoine Winfield, agree with Jerome Simpson - ESPN

The Vikings wanted Winfield, who was due to make $7.25 million in 2013, to restructure his contract, sources told ESPNTwinCities. But the three-time Pro Bowler refused to take a pay cut, according to the report.

What do I expect....the lemmings all march together. 1 person says something and everyone follows it as gospel. No one wants to think outside the box and realize that while we have a lot of talent on this roster, we have let a lot of talent walk, aging and not. We have created just as many holes as we have plugged. I like it to a man filling a bad with sand that has a hole in it. We keep pouring, it keeps coming out.
    So, if your genius involves extending him with more guaranteed money and more years at the rate he is being paid where the hell is this money coming from? Do you think they can sprinkle some magic salary cap hairy dust and the cash just pops up out of thin air?

Winfield is gone because the cap was tight. We have been limited in what we could do with the roster because of cap space and yet somehow Spielman is stupid because he didn't give Allen a contract extension with more guaranteed money and up front bonus money?

Holy shit, how could they have missed that one?

2013 and done for Jared Allen?

Trade Allen now
    We will not go anywhere with Ponder Qb'ing
    Might get a couple of nice picks, players
    A Reverse Walker trade
    None

Blog Entries

2013 and done for Jared Allen?

That has been my stance. If we trade home we should be able to get a first and a second at least for him plus maybe another player.bundle the two picks plus our first and go get another QB in next yeas draft if one is there and if Ponder doesn't pan out this year.

If by chance e does we have multiple picks in the first 2 rounds again.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    You guys crack me up. That's what we need a team full of rookies. Many of whom will be gone after the first couple of years playing in the NFL. Not every one picked in the first rounds of the draft make it in the NFL. They are not all pro bowl material, or future HOF'ers. And teams filled with rookies rarely make it to the super bowl. Also what makes you think that next years draft is filled with super stars?

WWBGD

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

hmmm...is it just me or is this a study in contrast?

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Blog Entries

Name one single team that is signing top core vets to long term contract extensions on a perpetual basis without having to let people go that they would like to keep. You are living in fantasy land if you think a team can do that successfully over any period of time.

The league is set up that way to prevent teams from loading up with talent and dominating the league for an extended period if time and also to balance out the overall talent on the rosters to make it competitive as much as possible.

Use you self proclaimed brilliance to enlighten those of us who are operating under the belief that we have finite funds to spend on how you would propose to circumvent the limited money the rest of the league is operating with.

I am anxiously waiting your enlightenment.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    With our new look defense guys like CK won't be as effective. A few good shots from Smith, Rhodes and Floyd will clean their clocks and either keep them in the pocket or on the bench.
    CK?

Chris Kluwe isn't with the team anymore.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast