Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Amen, Purple_Jesus!
    I think kevoncox is either trolling, extremely delusional, or must be having a serious bad hair day or something... or a combination of those.

F Y I : Had I known that Blair Walsh would arguably have the best season ever by a kicker in his first year, I would have drafted him with the third.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

2013 and done for Jared Allen?

I would like to hear from the bitching crew just what actually they think would have been able to be done with him any earlier contractually. He said flat out he wasn't taking less money and the team has not had any extra cap room laying around as evidenced by players being let go for salary reasons already that has people bitching the way it is.

Had they gave him a new contract last year I would like one of the butchers to name me the starter they would have sacrificed to give him that contract and who for less money would have filled that space better. It's not a damn candy store and you can't have everyone. The team is recovering from the results of signing too many vets to too large of contracts and I have no desire to go back there again. If that means we let him walk next year that is life. We have the young talent behind him to pick up the slack.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    I would like to hear from the bitching crew just what actually they think would have been able to be done with him any earlier contractually. He said flat out he wasn't taking less money and the team has not had any extra cap room laying around as evidenced by players being let go for salary reasons already that has people bitching the way it is.

Had they gave him a new contract last year I would like one of the butchers to name me the starter they would have sacrificed to give him that contract and who for less money would have filled that space better. It's not a damn candy store and you can't have everyone. The team is recovering from the results of signing too many vets to too large of contracts and I have no desire to go back there again. If that means we let him walk next year that is life. We have the young talent behind him to pick up the slack.
    Stop being rational.

We'd be so much better if we signed Vick, re-signed Allen to the same he's making today, got Urlacher, Woodson and get early rights to Favre's grandson.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HEY View Post
    [COLOR="#000000"]Amen, Purple_Jesus!
    I think kevoncox is either trolling, extremely delusional, or must be having a serious bad hair day or something... or a combination of those.
    I've already annointed him as Marrdro's replacement around these parts. Sometimes you just have to replace an older vet with a younger guy who has the raw talent, but can take a couple years of Grooming. Kevon's off-the-wall posts are approaching Marty territory.

But truly, it's his combination of ability to complain, insult, drag up old posts with no relevence to this conversation, argue for the sake of arguing and come up with outrageous posts that make his unique blend of talent special. He's like a combination of some of three or four of the more established members here.
    Last edited by i_bleed_purple; 05-25-2013 at 06:49 AM.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    [COLOR="#000000"]Hey hey pump the brakes! While I agree that I would like to see the current player-contracts handled differently. In particular, avoiding players hit free-agency. This management has done so well overall over the last two years that calling it "piss poor" because EVERYTHING doesn't happen the way we like should be considered a crime. The lack of appreciation is a disgrace! Some of the things the Vikings have done in the draft is borderline genius (tricking teams to trade up, several gems in later rounds).
    There's more to management than just the draft. If you can't retain your good players or make the right moves in FA & bring in good players, it tends to wash things out. Problem is, many people look solely at the draft when making judgments or look only at 1 or 2 FA moves.

We have 1, not 2 drafts to look at. Our last draft looks good on paper, but nothing is proven until they play. We've drafted several players in the past that fans got excited about only to watch them not pan out or fade fast. This year we had players fall into our lap & may have traded away a lot more value with our picks than what we got in return with Coradelle. He needs to pan out & not be another Mike Williams, Troy Williamson or Ted Ginn Jr.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by Purple_Jesus View Post

We beat the same 49ers that were in the Superbowl.
    The 49ers we beat was led by Alex Smith.

The 49ers that were in the Super Bowl was led by Colin Kaepernick.

Alex Smith is no longer with the team. Just saying........

MaxVike is online now Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    I've already annointed him as Marrdro's replacement around these parts. Sometimes you just have to replace an older vet with a younger guy who has the raw talent, but can take a couple years of Grooming. Kevon's off-the-wall posts are approaching Marty territory.

But truly, it's his combination of ability to complain, insult, drag up old posts with no relevence to this conversation, argue for the sake of arguing and come up with outrageous posts that make his unique blend of talent special. He's like a combination of some of three or four of the more established members here.
    The PP.O equivalent to baseball's five skill player

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    I've already annointed him as Marrdro's replacement around these parts.
    Haha! poor Marrdro. He has a knack of showing up in discussion without even being in it.

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    There's more to management than just the draft.
    Yes, I agree. That's why I never said that there isn't more to management than just the draft.
    I just picked an example that most people are familiar with. There are a lot of things I like with this new management.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

2013 and done for Jared Allen?

I am glad they are saying no to some of these big contract, aging players and either letting them go or not bringing them in. They did do a few like Jennings to keep the huddled masses from revolting but otherwise this is the best I have seen the front office handle the roster since the 70's.

I've already annointed him as Marrdro's replacement around these parts.
    Haha! poor Marrdro. He has a knack of showing up in discussion without even being in it.
    He'll miss seeing this one too, as he's mowing his lawn as we speak.
    Last edited by singersp; 05-25-2013 at 08:51 AM.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast