Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    I recall hearing this same thing in 2006.

It's 2011 now.
    Well lest you forget we did get to the NFC championship game and were one play away from the Super Bowl. I grant you they were not the greatest line in history, but they were playing well enough to get us there having worked together for a couple of years.
    Brett Farve

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    Well lest you forget we did get to the NFC championship game and were one play away from the Super Bowl. I grant you they were not the greatest line in history, but they were playing well enough to get us there having worked together for a couple of years.
    We did make it to the 2009 Championship game, but was that because of the OL or because of the QB? I think more of the latter with a few bright moments by the OL that gave up 37 sacks that year.
    Snicker. Bring Brett back!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    Anyone who thinks this team will be over 500 is crazy.
    My guess is it will be loser to half that. 6 wins tops.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Isn't it fun to pull up prediction threads?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

iowa is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Pretty consistent, the guys that were bitching before the season started are still bitching even though we have a winning record, Spielman looks pretty smart and Frazier's name is being mentioned in the coach of the year considerations.
    None

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Too early to make a prediction.

We haven't seen how bad Ricky will fuck up the draft yet or how many more no name players he will sign to plug the holes.
    LOL. Well at least you entered the draft with an open mind toward Spielman. (Explains some of our other conversations a bit... )
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Our guys have played their tails off this year, proud of them!

However... Ponder and our WR corps still leave something to be desired. Took a record-breaking season from AD to maybe make the playoffs. It's just not realistic to depend on that type of performance.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by SharperImage View Post
    10-6 - Wildcard

Our schedule is E-Z our shed is very very favorable and i think we can pull out 10 games IF we get 2 WRs in the draft, and peterson comes back at full strength
    Props to Sharper. I hought you were nuts and though I didn't post a prediction, I thought we would be a 5 win team.
    Props to Spielman and Studwell who brought in young talent that immediately improved this team. I'm not on the Spielman bandwagon yet. But I'll gladly jump aboard if he can come close to repeating this years draft.
    I really didn't care about the record as much as seeing a team that was showing improvement and future promise.
    We seem to have gone from a team full of holes with multiple question marks, to a team with a few question marks.
    Anyone else feel like the Vikings are a legitimate playoff team next year?

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Props to Sharper. I hought you were nuts and though I didn't post a prediction, I thought we would be a 5 win team.
    Props to Spielman and Studwell who brought in young talent that immediately improved this team. I'm not on the Spielman bandwagon yet. But I'll gladly jump aboard if he can come close to repeating this years draft.
    I really didn't care about the record as much as seeing a team that was showing improvement and future promise.
    We seem to have gone from a team full of holes with multiple question marks, to a team with a few question marks.
    Anyone else feel like the Vikings are a legitimate playoff team next year?
    Depends on offseason moves.
    We played two pretty week divisions this season.

NFC West and AFC South.
    49ers - Dominant defense, shaky offense
    Seattle - Young team that is getting great as season goes
    Rams - Balanced but below average on both fronts
    Cards - Good D - Aweful on offense

South
    Houston - Talented team but overrated. Paper champs
    Colts - Over achiever
    Tenn - Aweful
    Jags - Aweful

Next season we have
    NFC East
    AFC North

All the 3rd place teams

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    lmao!!! I was reading this and it was some damn good entertainment. At least I had us winning some of the winnable games. I am so hyped that the VIkings are relevant in late December rather than irrelevant in late October. I give credit to the whole organization for at least righting the ship. Let's keep up the momentum.
    side note: Welcomed new granddaughter Christmas eve. Her name is Adriana Hope!!!! I swear, I am not making that up!!! Niether parent is a VIking fan. lol

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast